KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » All in All who is the better Super Hero Superman or Captain Marvel aka Shazam

All in All who is the better Super Hero Superman or Captain Marvel aka Shazam
This poll is closed.
Superman 12 85.71%
Captain Marvel 2 14.29%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

All in All who is the better Super Hero Superman or Captain Marvel aka Shazam
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Superman.....sorry Billy erm

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post May 9th, 2013 04:28 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grim and ghoul

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Milkie
Yes, Black Adam spent 5,000 years flying back to Earth after Shazam banished him to the most distant star in the universe (Fawcett History). I'm 100% sure that Captain Marvel could have done the same.

adding on to that, did you know it would take an estimated 13.5 billion years for light to travel that distance! doing the math (estimated time for light-speed object/light itself to reach it divided by how long it took Black Adam to travel that distance = how fast Black Adam was going compared to light.) so it would be 13,500,000 divided by 5000 = 2700. so Black Adam went 2,700 times the speed of light! AND Also, if i'm right about my theory, since time is still at the speed of light and we are going at our average normal human speed and time is what we consider normal, then if you take light speed and subtract our normal speed, then add that to light-speed, that's how fast you would need to go backward through time at a normal rate of human speed. so that means you need to go a little less than 2 times the speed of light to travel through time as normal people would perceive moving forward in time. so subtract that from how many times Black Adam is at that moving speed (which would be "around" 2698.8 times the speed of light) Black Adam can travel 2698.8 years in the past relative to how long a year would be to us. so if he stayed on earth and moved that speed for 5000 years, he would go an estimated 13,494,000 years in the past. the earth is considered to be made around 4.8 billion years ago (according to science, probably a huge difference for certain religions.) so relatively Black Adam could have went 2.8 (almost 3) times the length of earth's estimated existence, so he could have went possibly 9.6 billion years before earth was ever created! also, if we say this is his true top speed i would estimate he can go 9.13 times the speed of a light in one minute! similarly one superman has been seen moving at an extreme speed as well, 365,000 times the speed of light!! (though this version of superman is Pre-Crisis and he has been now considered retconned) even so, the generally accepted Post-Crisis superman can go an estimated 8 times the speed of light the last time i checked. it may not be as fast but it's still insane speed!

Last edited by Grim and ghoul on May 9th, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Old Post May 9th, 2013 11:08 PM
Grim and ghoul is currently offline Click here to Send Grim and ghoul a Private Message Find more posts by Grim and ghoul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

You know, sometimes people take this math thing too seriously. No the author never thought that far.

Old Post May 9th, 2013 11:14 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grim and ghoul

Originally posted by xJLxKing
You know, sometimes people take this math thing too seriously. No the author never thought that far.

but if math is no matter, then even when heroes move planets, there could be no true feat since your saying the mass of the earth is irrelevant. Also, Fawcett did think that far ahead. that feat was supposed to show that Black Adam was someone not to be taken lightly, though i doubt the author new to what extent he was showing Black Adam's speed but he did want it to seem incredible (which it was.) also, that wasn't technically just math, though there was math involved, that wasn't just math, it's a physics equation and physics govern the laws that set limits in real life and in comic books. without such, evey single feat of which a comic character has ever done is a waste, simply because there is nothing that makes it special.

Last edited by Grim and ghoul on May 9th, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Old Post May 9th, 2013 11:45 PM
Grim and ghoul is currently offline Click here to Send Grim and ghoul a Private Message Find more posts by Grim and ghoul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eel O'Brien

Superman. It's safe to say that he's the best superhero, period.

Old Post May 14th, 2013 05:49 PM
Eel O'Brien is currently offline Click here to Send Eel O'Brien a Private Message Find more posts by Eel O'Brien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

"This is a job for Superman."

'Nuff said, /thread.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post May 15th, 2013 10:33 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AllAcemile

Originally posted by xJLxKing

Straight up.

I think of Kingdom Come, where Captain Marvel is really another extremely powerful hero but who's the King of heros? Who's the one they all run to?

Am curious though, perhaps when Billy grows to a man, he may be very powerful. Supes is never losing to Captain Marvel, but I'm sure True Captain Marvel could be a neat development...

Old Post May 15th, 2013 03:02 PM
AllAcemile is currently offline Click here to Send AllAcemile a Private Message Find more posts by AllAcemile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by Eel O'Brien

There aren't enough "thumb up's" for this

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post May 15th, 2013 03:48 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

No, it isn't.

Old Post May 15th, 2013 05:38 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Mindship
"This is a job for Superman."

'Nuff said, /thread.
thumb up

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 15th, 2013 05:56 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Originally posted by Grim and ghoul
adding on to that, did you know it would take an estimated 13.5 billion years for light to travel that distance! doing the math (estimated time for light-speed object/light itself to reach it divided by how long it took Black Adam to travel that distance = how fast Black Adam was going compared to light.) so it would be 13,500,000 divided by 5000 = 2700. so Black Adam went 2,700 times the speed of light! AND Also, if i'm right about my theory, since time is still at the speed of light and we are going at our average normal human speed and time is what we consider normal, then if you take light speed and subtract our normal speed, then add that to light-speed, that's how fast you would need to go backward through time at a normal rate of human speed. so that means you need to go a little less than 2 times the speed of light to travel through time as normal people would perceive moving forward in time. so subtract that from how many times Black Adam is at that moving speed (which would be "around" 2698.8 times the speed of light) Black Adam can travel 2698.8 years in the past relative to how long a year would be to us. so if he stayed on earth and moved that speed for 5000 years, he would go an estimated 13,494,000 years in the past. the earth is considered to be made around 4.8 billion years ago (according to science, probably a huge difference for certain religions.) so relatively Black Adam could have went 2.8 (almost 3) times the length of earth's estimated existence, so he could have went possibly 9.6 billion years before earth was ever created! also, if we say this is his true top speed i would estimate he can go 9.13 times the speed of a light in one minute! similarly one superman has been seen moving at an extreme speed as well, 365,000 times the speed of light!! (though this version of superman is Pre-Crisis and he has been now considered retconned) even so, the generally accepted Post-Crisis superman can go an estimated 8 times the speed of light the last time i checked. it may not be as fast but it's still insane speed!
your numbers are wrong, You divided 13.5 Million by 5000 instead of 13.5 billion. you are missing 3 zeros. So he is actually going 2.7 million times the speed of light.

Old Post May 16th, 2013 03:04 AM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by quanchi112
No, it isn't.

Who's a better Superhero than Superman?

I'd put Captain America and Optimus Prime about on par with him, but no else is better.

Old Post May 16th, 2013 04:39 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Why was this thread made?

Old Post May 16th, 2013 04:40 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Good question.

Old Post May 16th, 2013 04:44 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I like Cap a lot (tbh, more so than Superman). But he's not a better hero than Superman is. At best, you could argue he has more of his innocence and purity than Superman does, but on the flip side you could argue his naivete as a mark against him.

Old Post May 16th, 2013 04:55 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eel O'Brien

Originally posted by quanchi112
No, it isn't.

I don't mean in terms of power or anything like that. "Best Superhero" isn't a trait that wins forums battles.

As far as position in the pantheon of heroes, ability to inspire and simply being the first 4-color superhero- I don't see how it could be anyone else.

Old Post May 17th, 2013 02:49 PM
Eel O'Brien is currently offline Click here to Send Eel O'Brien a Private Message Find more posts by Eel O'Brien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Superman is THE superhero. Most well-known, most famous, most recognisable.

He doesn't have to be the most popular or the coolest to be any of those things, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 17th, 2013 02:51 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I don't mean in terms of power or anything like that. "Best Superhero" isn't a trait that wins forums battles.

As far as position in the pantheon of heroes, ability to inspire and simply being the first 4-color superhero- I don't see how it could be anyone else.
You're better off just ignoring Quan.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 17th, 2013 07:54 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigworm882001

Actually in Kingdom Come it was Captain Marvel that saved the world not superdork. Capt is as strong if not stronger and he's faster. Superman himself said the only person that would be able to catch the flash if needed would be Capt. And Marvel has beaten superdork several times in the comics. Captain Marvel is by far a better superhero.
Originally posted by AllAcemile
Straight up.

I think of Kingdom Come, where Captain Marvel is really another extremely powerful hero but who's the King of heros? Who's the one they all run to?

Am curious though, perhaps when Billy grows to a man, he may be very powerful. Supes is never losing to Captain Marvel, but I'm sure True Captain Marvel could be a neat development...

Old Post May 29th, 2015 03:41 PM
bigworm882001 is currently offline Click here to Send bigworm882001 a Private Message Find more posts by bigworm882001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dream on, dude.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 08:20 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote