KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » All in All who is the better Super Hero Superman or Captain Marvel aka Shazam

All in All who is the better Super Hero Superman or Captain Marvel aka Shazam
This poll is closed.
Superman 12 85.71%
Captain Marvel 2 14.29%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

All in All who is the better Super Hero Superman or Captain Marvel aka Shazam
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HaSon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Femi32
What about Supreme?

It's a completely awful comic.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 04:32 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
omaga
hope

Originally posted by The Ion
It's a completely awful comic.

u dont no what ur on about its the best comic ever! prove me otherwise please?????????????????

Attachment: superman-tom.jpg
This has been downloaded 188 time(s).

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 04:59 PM
omaga is currently offline Click here to Send omaga a Private Message Find more posts by omaga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

What did the first part of that post say? I don't really speak Internet gibberish.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 05:47 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Someone hasn't read Liefeld's Supreme...
You're right. I officially change my statement. All the Superman ripoffs I've read are better than Supes

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 12:11 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

His costume isn't that bad. He could use a new one.

No personality? Most will disagree. Have you made an attempt to read his comics? If he had no personality, he wouldn't be selling comics.

Too many powers? Silver Surfer has too many powers. He's the most over powered character, ever, but he fights people more powerful than him, so it's okay.

Glasses? They're just glasses.

Getting more powerful? I don't think he should get more powerful, but he's still not over powered in the DC universe.

Preference over characters? He's been defeated before. Every character has a jobber aura. Look at Wolverine. He shouldn't last long against the Hulk. Even Spider-man made a fool out of the Hulk.
Whenever someone can mentally overpower J'onn easieer than they can Supes, something ain't right. You're right, they are just glasses. They shouldn't fool anybody. It makes DC earth seem like it's full of retards. Plain & simple. I have read books featuring him. I'm not the type of guy to diss something without knowing enough about it 1st. His personality bores me, many will agree on that too. I gave Smallville a chance, it turned out to be a great show. That coustume you altered was kick a$$ the way it was. Supes doesn't have to wear red & blue. If surfer fights people who're more powerful than he is, he's not overpowered. I'm not his biggest fan, but he looks cooler than Supes. He gets a lot of hate 'cause he'd beat the crap out of Supes

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 12:27 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Shazam is a much better hero instead of coming up with inherently new powers .............soul vision etc he comes up with more inventive ways to overcome his daversaries aka swisdom!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 02:44 AM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

You're right about the Despero event, but Superman is not immune to telepathy. He was controlled by Maxwell Lord after researching Supes mind for 12 years. WW had to kill Max to free Supes from his tp.

Glasses shouldn't fool anybody, but it's a comic. The FF is liked by the MU, but they hate mutants. What the f**k?

You gave him a chance and you don't like him. At least you gave him a chance. Smallville is a great show. They need to bring Flash back again.

That's Eradicator's costume. I don't know about black or any other colors, but red and blue are fine.

I don't think people hate SS as much as people hate SM here.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 02:45 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

The one thing I don't like about Captain Marvel is they made him uber powerful like Superman but did not give him any weaknesses.

That makes for boring stories. That's why Silver Surfer cannot sustain a ongoing series. The guy is uber powerful but yet he has no weaknesses.

And yea Supes has way more haters than Norrin Radd does on here.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 03:05 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by brainchild81
If surfer fights people who're more powerful than he is, he's not overpowered. I'm not his biggest fan, but he looks cooler than Supes. He gets a lot of hate 'cause he'd beat the crap out of Supes

Superman fights a lot of people more powerful than him like Doomsday, Queen of Fables, Dominus, etc. It's just that they all end up jobbing. I see what you're saying though.

Personally I like Superman in his special one shot books like All Star Superman or Superman For All Seasons. It's just when he teams up with others heros and makes them look like total idiots that I get bothered. Supes beating the entire JLA in a few minutes flat and taking little to no damage is just something that shouldn't happen, period.
Glasses shouldn't fool anybody, but it's a comic. The FF is liked by the MU, but they hate mutants. What the f**k?

Yeah, I was thinking about that the other day. Everyone despising mutants but throwing parades for the FF and Avengers. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 03:14 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Superman fights a lot of people more powerful than him like Doomsday, Queen of Fables, Dominus, etc. It's just that they all end up jobbing. I see what you're saying though.

Personally I like Superman in his special one shot books like All Star Superman or Superman For All Seasons. It's just when he teams up with others heros and makes them look like total idiots that I get bothered. Supes beating the entire JLA in a few minutes flat and taking little to no damage is just something that shouldn't happen, period.

Yeah, I was thinking about that the other day. Everyone despising mutants but throwing parades for the FF and Avengers. laughing out loud
The FF are super-powered humans, not damn dirty mutants.
That's Eradicator's costume. I don't know about black or any other colors, but red and blue are fine.
Yeah. I know. Supes should wear the same one he did. It looks tougher than red & blue. Or he could wear what his father wore on SupesTAS

Attachment: ddm.jpg
This has been downloaded 181 time(s).

Last edited by I-Drop on Mar 14th, 2006 at 05:41 AM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 05:37 AM
Femi32

The FF and Avengers have superpowers. I guess that makes them mutants, too, even though they really aren't. It still doesn't make sense.

Did you like the animated series?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 06:34 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

Doomsday is more an equal, you are a hater.
jobbing is bullshit, made by the fanboys to try to justify there idiotic view.
He can beat the JLA like that if he wants to, i.e. WANTS! supes is more powerful than one assumes. pre crisis apparantly is the same as the one now, he is just holding back. But i hear that he will return to using his potential very soon... trying not to give much away. duh!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 08:00 AM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SupezM'

In a fight? Id give it to Superman... Superman is always Supes, even when he's playing the mild mannered Clark Kent. When CM is his alter ego he's just another human being, easily broken.

Cant exactly change into his super powered self when his larynx is broken can he?

As for herosim, hard to pit the two against eachother in that situation, both are great heroes. Superman is definately more widley adored and noticed. His symbol is one of the most recognized in the world, if im not mistaken only beaten by the Cross and the McDonald's symbol.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 11:31 PM
SupezM' is currently offline Click here to Send SupezM' a Private Message Find more posts by SupezM' Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Captain Marvel actually never gets jobbed when he goes up againt Supes. Him and Supes are usually portrayed at close equals.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 12:38 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by MattDay
Doomsday is more an equal, you are a hater.
jobbing is bullshit, made by the fanboys to try to justify there idiotic view.
He can beat the JLA like that if he wants to, i.e. WANTS! supes is more powerful than one assumes. pre crisis apparantly is the same as the one now, he is just holding back. But i hear that he will return to using his potential very soon... trying not to give much away. duh!

Yeah, I'm such a hater I buy every Supes comic to hit the stands. The hate is strong with me. He's back to maybe his 1980's power level though. The 60's Superman still craps all over any current "top tier".

Doomsday's last appearance in Gog Wars showed a guy who was far beyond Supes. Which of them got imprisoned for 100 years again? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by HaSon on Mar 15th, 2006 at 12:49 AM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 12:43 AM
SupezM'

Cool

Doomsday was cool in the Gog wars. wink

I think Superman was imprisoned cause he just didnt care anymore.

That and Magog had time travel down. Thats what you call hax!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 01:43 AM
SupezM' is currently offline Click here to Send SupezM' a Private Message Find more posts by SupezM' Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SupezM'

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Captain Marvel actually never gets jobbed when he goes up againt Supes. Him and Supes are usually portrayed at close equals.

Justice League Unlimited, Season 4, Show 7.

Superman and Captain Marvel duke it out. No one's brain washed or weak, full on 1v1.

Superman wipes the floor with him. CM starts using Lightning and getting the best of Supes, but Superman grabs him just when a bolt is about to hit. It hits CM and transforms him back into the boy, then supes holds his mouth shut so he cant transform back.

Prior to that Superman was tearing him a new one.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 01:47 AM
Accel

Originally posted by snoopdogg
The one thing I don't like about Captain Marvel is they made him uber powerful like Superman but did not give him any weaknesses.

That makes for boring stories. That's why Silver Surfer cannot sustain a ongoing series. The guy is uber powerful but yet he has no weaknesses.

And yea Supes has way more haters than Norrin Radd does on here.

Actually, according to Draco in the Shazam vs Thor thread, Captain Marvel does have a weakness (and an easily exploitable one at that).

His weakness is... ELECTRICITY! That's right, a certain amount of electricity can change Marvel back into Billy Batson.

The link to the thread is right here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...ght=Thor+Shazam

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 02:19 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SupezM'

Yea, thats why when Superman made Marvel him himself with one of his own shocks it turned him back into Billy.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 02:25 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Superman.
When a kid ties a towel around his neck and runs with his arms out, who you think he's pretending to be?
Ever hear another hero exclaim, "This looks like a job for Marvel!"
When you order at McDonalds, you dont say, "Marvelsize" me, do ya?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 02:29 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote