KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » All in All who is the better Super Hero Superman or Captain Marvel aka Shazam

All in All who is the better Super Hero Superman or Captain Marvel aka Shazam
This poll is closed.
Superman 12 85.71%
Captain Marvel 2 14.29%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

All in All who is the better Super Hero Superman or Captain Marvel aka Shazam
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SupezM'
Yea, thats why when Superman made Marvel him himself with one of his own shocks it turned him back into Billy.
I don't think you udnerstand. When he says Shazam the lightning strikes him. He can use it as a weapon like he did in the cartoon but if his own magical lightning hits him he turns back.

Basically in the cartoon Billys plan backfired.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 02:38 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Justice League Unlimited, Season 4, Show 7.

Superman and Captain Marvel duke it out. No one's brain washed or weak, full on 1v1.

Superman wipes the floor with him. CM starts using Lightning and getting the best of Supes, but Superman grabs him just when a bolt is about to hit. It hits CM and transforms him back into the boy, then supes holds his mouth shut so he cant transform back.

Prior to that Superman was tearing him a new one.

Well they did give the excuse that Cap was a rookie but yeah, Supes whooped his ass.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 02:51 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Justice League Unlimited, Season 4, Show 7.

Superman and Captain Marvel duke it out. No one's brain washed or weak, full on 1v1.

Superman wipes the floor with him. CM starts using Lightning and getting the best of Supes, but Superman grabs him just when a bolt is about to hit. It hits CM and transforms him back into the boy, then supes holds his mouth shut so he cant transform back.

Prior to that Superman was tearing him a new one.

That episode probably inspired roughrider's antics in the Superman respect thread. I can't blame him. cool

He's supposed to have the strength of Hercules and Wonder Woman is stronger than Hercules. When he arm wrestled Supes, CM asked Supes if he can handle the strength of Herc and Atlas. Since it's been said that he has a portion of the god's abilities, it can be said that without channeling his strength, he's not truly stronger than Supes. When he does channel their collective strength, he equals Supes.

Last edited by Femi32 on Mar 15th, 2006 at 04:22 AM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 04:18 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by Validus
Yeah, I'm such a hater I buy every Supes comic to hit the stands. The hate is strong with me. He's back to maybe his 1980's power level though. The 60's Superman still craps all over any current "top tier".

Doomsday's last appearance in Gog Wars showed a guy who was far beyond Supes. Which of them got imprisoned for 100 years again? roll eyes (sarcastic)

What are you, stupid? Are you retarded or something? He's a goddamn fanboy! stick out tongue

No offense MattDay. It's just a joke. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 04:27 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

In terms of physical prowess, whether Marvel is a match for Supes depends on the situation.

If a nuke were to hit each of them, then Supes would withstand it slightly easier. However - if they were to punch eachother, because of Marvel's inherent magical power, they'd be equal in their durability.

If Supes and Marvel were to benchpress a planet, I think Supes'd find it slightly easier. However - if they were to arm-wrestle, they'd be roughly equal due to Marvel's inherent magical nature.

It's all about the magic, that's why Marvel is roughly equal to Supes in a fight, yet doesn't usually have the mega-feats that Supes does.

Both characters are incredible though.

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 06:45 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Both characters are incredible though.

thumb up

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 02:46 AM
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alright to be honest with this guy...never seen him before as comics or tv series but I know he could never be as strong as Superman.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 08:58 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by Femi32
The FF and Avengers have superpowers. I guess that makes them mutants, too, even though they really aren't. It still doesn't make sense.

Did you like the animated series?
I've loved every DC animated since Batman: TAS the only one I hate is Teen Titans(Stupid anime facial expressions) and I've heard they're getting better. I hated seeing Supes beat Marvel that easily on JLU. How come Marvel's face got f**ked up but Supes didn't? That 5 punch combo he hit Supes with should have KOed Supes. The lightning bolts should have KOed him also.

Last edited by I-Drop on Mar 28th, 2006 at 03:53 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 03:48 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

i didnt write that quote dude, dont even know what he's talking about... oh well

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 04:01 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

Im no fan boy tho, i'll admit when a character can lose or be bettered or what not, but this is nonsense

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 04:09 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by brainchild81
I've loved every DC animated since Batman: TAS the only one I hate is Teen Titans(Stupid anime facial expressions) and I've heard they're getting better. I hated seeing Supes beat Marvel that easily on JLU. How come Marvel's face got f**ked up but Supes didn't? That 5 punch combo he hit Supes with should have KOed Supes. The lightning bolts should have KOed him also.

So your not a complete Superman hater. You just hate the one in continuity.

Supes, even the animated one, is not weak to magic like most people exaggerate. A punch from a magical person won't ko him unless he/she puts a magical aura around their punch. Look at how Thanos koed Surfer with energy punches. It's liike saying Starfire will get more powerful from Supes punches because both are solar based.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 07:34 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

CM did it befroe without an aura didn't he?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 08:01 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

He had electrical energy around his hands the last time I remember.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 01:15 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

He had electrical energy around his hands the last time I remember.
Anybody got scans?
So your not a complete Superman hater. You just hate the one in continuity.
Exactly

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 05:41 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

That episode probably inspired roughrider's antics in the Superman respect thread. I can't blame him. cool

He's supposed to have the strength of Hercules and Wonder Woman is stronger than Hercules. When he arm wrestled Supes, CM asked Supes if he can handle the strength of Herc and Atlas. Since it's been said that he has a portion of the god's abilities, it can be said that without channeling his strength, he's not truly stronger than Supes. When he does channel their collective strength, he equals Supes.

I don't look to any animated series as being a definitive source for these confrontations. It's not canon, or as realistic.
Now, Superman did successfully use that tatic to change Marvel back in Kingdom Come; I will look to that. Prior to doing that, Marvel was holding Superman off with little difficulty.

It's bad for Billy if he gets changed back, sure. But properly used, it can be a refresher tatic. If he's absorbed a lot as Marvel and is getting weaker perhaps, a quick change back and forth starts him off brand new again.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 04:46 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by brainchild81
Anybody got scans?

Here you go.

Attachment: untitled.jpg
This has been downloaded 191 time(s).

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 08:12 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Cooooooolsmile Thanks. You were right.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 04:58 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

While I have stated my preference for Marvel in certain ways - dynamic costume, etc. - I understand why Superman is the Icon he is. His origin story resonates with people, because it can go back to archetypes and myths, like Star Wars does. That's why his origin has been claimed as a metaphor for both Christianity, and the Jewish immigrant experience.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 03:36 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the dark night

superman i mean captain marvel is a little kid good cover up but superman has more histroy and can kick ass

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 11:13 AM
the dark night is currently offline Click here to Send the dark night a Private Message Find more posts by the dark night Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I say CM (Shazam). I've always thought he was better because he's a kid that does the job of an adult.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 05:25 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote