KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » All in All who is the better Super Hero Superman or Captain Marvel aka Shazam

All in All who is the better Super Hero Superman or Captain Marvel aka Shazam
This poll is closed.
Superman 12 85.71%
Captain Marvel 2 14.29%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

All in All who is the better Super Hero Superman or Captain Marvel aka Shazam
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ankur29
ankur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Allankles
Yeah! Why should he be stronger simply because he's a wizard now? I would say he's powers have increased, but that doesn't mean he's stronger than Supes.

CM as wizard is way stronger than supes!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 07:09 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuppMan

Superman because I grew up watching him and I didn't even know who Cap. Marvel was. (biased i know) Cap. Marvel does sound pretty cool though, but superman's power is what he is. He is his powers.. from reading some of the threads, it seems like cap. marvel is powered by magic?? right? kind of like the juggernaught?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2007 04:24 PM
SuppMan is currently offline Click here to Send SuppMan a Private Message Find more posts by SuppMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Originally posted by SuppMan
Superman because I grew up watching him and I didn't even know who Cap. Marvel was. (biased i know) Cap. Marvel does sound pretty cool though, but superman's power is what he is. He is his powers.. from reading some of the threads, it seems like cap. marvel is powered by magic?? right? kind of like the juggernaught?

yh i guess you could say like juggernaut ,only with strength equal to supes at a 100% (without sun charge anyway) and speed that enables him to move at near light speed!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2007 06:36 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by ankur29
CM as wizard is way stronger than supes!

How? He still only has the strength of Hercules, unless you're saying wizard has the strength of several Hercules. Wizard has more magical power (expected) but there's no proof that he's stronger than Supes.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 04:15 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Captain Marvel (with only a small amount of Shazam's power) had the strength of Hercules.

Shazam himself had way more strength.

He actually put up a fight against the Spectre.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 05:20 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

haven' these two beaten each other in the past, mostly down to one's weakness over the other? Superman would take the majority from intellect, experience (he doesn't have to just straight up over power everyone) and of course combining his powers.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 02:46 AM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Originally posted by MattDay
haven' these two beaten each other in the past, mostly down to one's weakness over the other? Superman would take the majority from intellect, experience (he doesn't have to just straight up over power everyone) and of course combining his powers.

CM is also superintelligent near god levels! with the wisdom of solomon

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 05:33 PM
MattDay

okay so advanced krypton intellect vs god like intellect... isn't that the same thing, in terms of knowledge and understanding

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 01:40 AM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Superman is so much cooler, it's not even funny.

And that says something taking into account what an incredible douche Supes is.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2007 04:40 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sarutobi700
Restricted

Account Restricted

Supes is a copy of Captain Marvel

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 04:14 AM
Sarutobi700 is currently offline Click here to Send Sarutobi700 a Private Message Find more posts by Sarutobi700 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Sarutobi700
Supes is a copy of Captain Marvel

So the creators of Captain Marvel had access to a time machine?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 04:41 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sarutobi700
Restricted

Account Restricted

Captain Marvel could fly before Supes could, he could go much faster than a speeding bullet, he had other powers apart from Super Strenght before Supes. So even though Supes was first he evolved into a copy of Captain Marvel

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 05:09 AM
Sarutobi700 is currently offline Click here to Send Sarutobi700 a Private Message Find more posts by Sarutobi700 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

when ya think about it every comic book character is a copy of some sort of another character, the only reason some people criticize marvel is casue he is not quite but VERY close to supermans equal with no real weakness.

as far as str,and durability supes has a SLIGHT advantage there. as far as speed sorry that is caps advantage. hes god the ability to instantly get up to speed and supes has to physically get up to speed.

superman has 2 real weaknesses green rocks and magic

marvel has only one real weakness, his child like mentality , this changes from writer to writer.

cap is no rip off but hes still a copy of the original.

One other thing =)

captian marvel was the first toon to fly superman was a man that had superhuman str and could jump high, supes didnt fly till after captian marvel had flight.

now whos coping who??

Superman and Cap are my to all time favorites and they both rock and to thoses who dont think so can kiss my a...........................

=)

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 01:19 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

[QUOTE=6161296]Originally posted by SupezM'
Doomsday was cool in the Gog wars. wink

I think Superman was imprisoned cause he just didnt care anymore.

That and Magog had time travel down. Thats what you call hax!
[/QUOTE

That episode was not a fair portrayal of caps powers, 75% of the people watching that episode people

either way that episode is just one of the many examples of how inconsistant cap is written. If you want to see captian marvel written well. Well that would be alex ross he portrays cap as tough if not greater then supes most the time. Either way that was the dumbest episode i ever saw, and was quite dissapointed in it. I personally thought supes should win but in all honesty cap can still beat supes with out the thunder bolt.

shitty episode if u ask me.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 02:34 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phantom Ghost

I perfer Captain Marvel to Superman and would say he's the better super hero to me at least but not by much since I love em both.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 11:52 PM
Phantom Ghost is currently offline Click here to Send Phantom Ghost a Private Message Find more posts by Phantom Ghost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

they need to do kingdom come as an animated feature... love to see another round of cm vs supes like in JLA series

or a cm animated movie woudl be equally good

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 06:41 PM
killermover

Superman, the original and the best,

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 12:15 AM
killermover is currently offline Click here to Send killermover a Private Message Find more posts by killermover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Supes and Classic Marvel are pretty even across the board if we go by their h2h encounters. Marvel and Supes stalemated in arm wrestling also.

If we go by feats then Supes has the edge due to the number of showings.

Overall, Supes is the standard every other herald level character is compared. Supes would have to be the "better" of the two.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 02:13 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Capt. Marvel has the limited success he has, not because he's a bad character. He has it because DC put him on the backburner so Supes could be "cool" again. Supes has the iconic status he has, not because he's all that great. He has it because DC realized he couldn't compete w/Cap'n Marvel in popularity & sales so they sued his company & when they got the rights to Cap'n Marvel, they put him on the backburner so people would be fooled into thinking Supes was cooler than Cap'n Marvel. Then they ripped off Cap'n Marvel's flight & bald headed bad guy. Cap'n Marvel is better. Easily. If DC hadn't won a lawsuit(lame) this probably would be in the Captain Marvel section of KMC big grin

Last edited by I-Drop on Jan 3rd, 2009 at 05:48 AM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 05:46 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

In terms of being a hero, Superman demolishes Captain Marvel.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 05:39 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote