KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » AOF's Ryo Sakazaki v.s. FF's Terry Bogard

AOF's Ryo Sakazaki v.s. FF's Terry Bogard
Started by: Shirizatu16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Terry didnt recieve training from him until after his initial self training via street fights

with terry having a BP of 1000 and ryo having a BP of 900.. terry wins

S001 [B] Terry
BP: 1000
SP: 3
Backup: Andy, Ryu
Helps: Joe, Blue Mary, Ryu, Sean, Cody
() Terry Rush
Keeps character out of Freeze Phase after he attacks.
(****«) Again, Terry is the center of your initial deck if you choose the SNK
one at the start. Terry is the better of the Bogard Bros. because of
his 1000 BP and of couse "Terry Rush". Terry can do a regular attack
AND remain unfrozen to defend in case the opponent has someone left.
While his role after the last boss dimishes, Terry brings enough
power to the table to warrant him to be a constant in your deck.
NOTE: Terry's ability does NOT mean he can never be Frozen. Terry
just doesn't freeze after attacking normally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

S020 [B] Ryo
BP: 900
SP: 2
Backup: Robert, Takuma
Helps: Robert, Yuri, Mr.Karate, Marco R., Makoto
[] Kiryu KUTAME (Spirit Surge)
Discard 1 AC card from hand to gain 1 SP for each card left in hand.
(****) A high BP should instantly turn your head. Ryo now gets more help
from his Kyokugenryu school and gives some back too. Ryo's ability is
still the same; it's more potent if you have a Crossover/Dregs or
Tenchi Souzou to get penty of cards.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 11:12 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carrotgl4z3

I Beleive in the First Episode of Fatal Fury movie. Terry Last master is Tung Fu Rue that had died when terry learns the powerful/technique attack the hakyoukoseiken(the Chi like Whirlwind) . They may like kyo & iori battles but Terry vs Ryo... I think it would be long and Hard time to settle their accounts. it seems terry won't lose IMO

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 03:31 PM
carrotgl4z3 is currently offline Click here to Send carrotgl4z3 a Private Message Find more posts by carrotgl4z3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carrotgl4z3

In Short Terry Wins

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 03:32 PM
carrotgl4z3 is currently offline Click here to Send carrotgl4z3 a Private Message Find more posts by carrotgl4z3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Terry didnt recieve training from him until after his initial self training via street fights

with terry having a BP of 1000 and ryo having a BP of 900.. terry wins

S001 [B] Terry
BP: 1000
SP: 3
Backup: Andy, Ryu
Helps: Joe, Blue Mary, Ryu, Sean, Cody
() Terry Rush
Keeps character out of Freeze Phase after he attacks.
(****«) Again, Terry is the center of your initial deck if you choose the SNK
one at the start. Terry is the better of the Bogard Bros. because of
his 1000 BP and of couse "Terry Rush". Terry can do a regular attack
AND remain unfrozen to defend in case the opponent has someone left.
While his role after the last boss dimishes, Terry brings enough
power to the table to warrant him to be a constant in your deck.
NOTE: Terry's ability does NOT mean he can never be Frozen. Terry
just doesn't freeze after attacking normally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

S020 [B] Ryo
BP: 900
SP: 2
Backup: Robert, Takuma
Helps: Robert, Yuri, Mr.Karate, Marco R., Makoto
[] Kiryu KUTAME (Spirit Surge)
Discard 1 AC card from hand to gain 1 SP for each card left in hand.
(****) A high BP should instantly turn your head. Ryo now gets more help
from his Kyokugenryu school and gives some back too. Ryo's ability is
still the same; it's more potent if you have a Crossover/Dregs or
Tenchi Souzou to get penty of cards.

In the first AOF, Ryo is claimed to be the new master of the Kyokogen marital arts. (for Beating the former Master/Father Mr. Karate.)

People don’t take those battle cards as a genuine feat, or way to measure up strength.

But Ryo being a secret character/hidden final boss In a Fatal Fury Game does give you a good idea of how strong Ryo is and ware he is ranked.

Fatal Fury Wild Ambition

Fight as Mr. Karate:
Successfully complete the game without using any continues or losing any rounds.

Faq on Mr. Karate (Ryo) From FF WA.
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/...mr_karate_a.txt

(please log in to view the image)
http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/...g/p_karate1.jpgFatal Fury Wild Ambition

Last edited by "Id" on Mar 10th, 2006 at 02:20 AM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 02:15 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by id369

People don’t take those battle cards as a genuine feat, or way to measure up strength.

hmm.. well SNK sure thought so.. they put the numbers on them... and I think SNK's opinon matters most as they've created the characters... also, this is regular ryo.. not mr. karate

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 11:11 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

They shouldn't. Those things are quite old from what I've heard. Simply put, things change.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2006 03:34 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

I say that Terry takes it, Ryo is a arrogant prick. who the hell reffers to himself as "the invincible dragon" what a jerk-off...

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2006 05:42 AM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carrotgl4z3

Agreed terry wins... that's for sure... In MOTW he still a Legendary Wolf it means he never loses to any oponent in South Town..

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 10:42 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by carrotgl4z3
Agreed terry wins... that's for sure... In MOTW he still a Legendary Wolf it means he never loses to any oponent in South Town..

He lost to Wolfgang Krauser. In South Town.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 01:23 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carrotgl4z3

Your not to sure about what?

Besides last time I checked Terry had a master before entering KOF turney (FF). The same way Ryo had a master Takuma.

I beleive Tung Fu Rue is the Last master of Terry... In The Movie of FF Tung Fu Rue had died... so for along time ago until now Terry Doesn't have any master...

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 03:58 PM
carrotgl4z3

He lost to Wolfgang Krauser. In South Town.

Yup that's the Fact... at first i know terry will lost to krauser because base on FF2 Movie he was injured and he had also battled with kim... At the second Battle also Krausaer also lost... till that day Terry still Unbeaten in southTown...

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 04:14 PM
Droopy

Terry the hungry Wolf, Ryo who

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 04:31 PM
Droopy is currently offline Click here to Send Droopy a Private Message Find more posts by Droopy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

In FF2, and FF real bout, they go over the scenario on how Krauser went looking for the person the defeated the King Of South Town. And found Terry. Beat the snot out of him in South Town. And Later on started the KOF tournament, to see if their ware any decent challengers. Terry reclaims a victory with his new move.

Also Ryo has lived in South Town for the most part of his life. And has never lost to anyone. That gives him some credit into why he calls himself the Invincible Dragon. (or something made up by Snk to help promote the rivalry with Robert Garcia "The Raging Tiger")

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 08:20 PM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

In FF2, and FF real bout, they go over the scenario on how Krauser went looking for the person the defeated the King Of South Town. And found Terry. Beat the snot out of him in South Town. And Later on started the KOF tournament, to see if their ware any decent challengers. Terry reclaims a victory with his new move.

Also Ryo has lived in South Town for the most part of his life. And has never lost to anyone. That gives him some credit into why he calls himself the Invincible Dragon. (or something made up by Snk to help promote the rivalry with Robert Garcia "The Raging Tiger")

You must be talking about the Fatal Fury anime right? cause in the storyline for FF 2 it was stated that Terry used the power geyser to defeat Krauser but did not mention anything of Terry losing to Krauser in the beginning(though thats in the anime).

You are also right about Ryo being southtown bred like Terry. Boy.. Ryo catches hell on these forums and I dont think he is that bad and lets face it in KOF 94, people wanted to see Fatal Fury vs Art Of Fighting which was the basis for KOF.

I know I will owe brainchild 50 cents but I got to say i am heated with gaymore as well. KOF Maximun Impact was suppose to be a southtown story and it sure as hell looked as if a pair of certain names who dont belong there seem to be hogging the spotlight.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 12:43 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by P-Geyser
You must be talking about the Fatal Fury anime right? cause in the storyline for FF 2 it was stated that Terry used the power geyser to defeat Krauser but did not mention anything of Terry losing to Krauser in the beginning(though thats in the anime).

You are also right about Ryo being southtown bred like Terry. Boy.. Ryo catches hell on these forums and I dont think he is that bad and lets face it in KOF 94, people wanted to see Fatal Fury vs Art Of Fighting which was the basis for KOF.

I know I will owe brainchild 50 cents but I got to say i am heated with gaymore as well. KOF Maximun Impact was suppose to be a southtown story and it sure as hell looked as if a pair of certain names who dont belong there seem to be hogging the spotlight.

Im talking about the game, Fatal Fury Real bout 2 to be exact. It states that Terry lost to Krauser. It is also the game ware you can find Nightmare Geese as a hiddden boss. (be vary afraid)

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 02:43 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

My mistake, Nightmage Geese appears in
"FATAL FURY REAL BOUT SPECIAL"

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 03:22 AM
carrotgl4z3

Terry Unbeaten wolf in southtown as guiled mentioned in SVC...

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 03:37 AM
Shirizatu16

i know this is extrmely late to say anything about this but..

Ryo and Terry were thebest of SNK back then, if u were to talk to ppl back then about this.

Most of them would say its a draw!

Now a days, with this whole Iori,Kyo,K,Ash thing going on.

The new ppl always take their sides!

That really gets me mad when they never played AOF and say

Ryo sucks!

What the hell!

Ryo is a favortie to alot of ppl.

Some just dont admit it bcuz of the reputation he has, but he is a very formiddable fighter!

And about that card point system, THATS THE CARD GAME!

Where talking about an actual fight between them, and as previously said it was like 1999

where in 2006!

and 2D_Master u dont know anything about Ryo so dont even judge.

Alot of ppl refer to him by the invincible dragon

SVC, KOF, AOF, even in Fatal Fury!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 04:30 PM
Shirizatu16 is currently offline Click here to Send Shirizatu16 a Private Message Find more posts by Shirizatu16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shirizatu16
i know this is extrmely late to say anything about this but..

Ryo and Terry were thebest of SNK back then, if u were to talk to ppl back then about this.

Most of them would say its a draw!

Now a days, with this whole Iori,Kyo,K,Ash thing going on.

The new ppl always take their sides!

That really gets me mad when they never played AOF and say

Ryo sucks!

What the hell!

Ryo is a favortie to alot of ppl.

Some just dont admit it bcuz of the reputation he has, but he is a very formiddable fighter!

And about that card point system, THATS THE CARD GAME!

Where talking about an actual fight between them, and as previously said it was like 1999

where in 2006!

and 2D_Master u dont know anything about Ryo so dont even judge.

Alot of ppl refer to him by the invincible dragon

SVC, KOF, AOF, even in Fatal Fury!

Hahaha. Yeah but Ryo shoves the "Invincible Dragon" name in peoples faces. He is arrogant, and if you cant see that, then maybe you should pay more attention to his win qoutes.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 05:00 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carrotgl4z3

Ryo Quotes in 2k1 when he beats terry. The Unbeaten Wolf Your Legends End Here.., That's So Funny Also... Until The Story line of Garou Terry Is Still Legendary Wolf... So it means if They'd Battle in a match, I know TErry Would Win Against Ryo...

Old Post Apr 30th, 2006 01:26 PM