KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spider-Man 4 Discussion

Spider-Man 4 Discussion
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (419): « First ... « 415 416 [417] 418 419 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
Actually Raimi wasn't gonna have Venom...sony made him put venom in because they knew that venom would draw fans in

i think raimi was a prick for accepting the desired change from sony. without the introduction of venom into the script, raimi could've not only directed a better film, but also not brought his childish dislike for a character in and completely destroy the character persona for millions of fans and make it therefore a god awful film in regards to character development.

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 08:07 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 16th, 2009 06:51 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Its good that he learnt his mistakes from Spider-Man 3

Old Post Oct 17th, 2009 03:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

The mere fact Raimi is listening to the silly 'too many villains' complaint is indicative that he hasn't identified what the actual problem with the movie was. It was the writing. Plain and simple.

It was too much unnecessary stuff they used to spend time. They focused too much on Peter and MJ's relationship(which was already established) and have Harry and her cooking, dancing, reading poetry and other useless things, instead of developing the villains, Spidey's double life and showing MJ as a partner in life, like she was in comics, talking to Peter about his battles and curing his wounds, being present, caring. A different writer would matter, though.

Just too much unnecessary things going on. Both the 90s cartoon and TSSM handled the symbiote story a lot better. They developed so many things (many more things than the movie) within 60/90 minutes, telling the symbiote saga and Peter's showdown with Venom.

Multiple villains doesn't automatically make a movie bad and having just one is not gonna automatically make it better. Batman and Robin still would have sucked even if Mr Freeze was the only villain, because of the bad take on the characters, the tone of the movie, all the cold puns, etc. If the story and direction is good. Movie is good. Regardless of the villain count.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2009 12:08 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 06:26 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Bloody Hell.......

Make use of Curt Conners already have him transform into Lizard.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2009 07:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

According to a guy on IMDB his cousin got a job as a set designer for SM4. He said he got an email from him and if he's telling the truth the villains will be Tombstone and Electro.

I'll be a bit disappointed if this is true. There are plenty of other villains I'd rather see before Tombstone.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2009 12:09 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Okay I'm not sure how credible this is, but according to one article ONLY the Lizard will be in SM4.

I would post the link but it won't let me because I haven't been here for very long.

While I'm happy that Lizard will possibly be in this I'm not happy that he'll probably be the only villain. I don't think this is the right move....

The story would be too similar to the second movie. Octavius was Peter's friend and then an accident turn him into a monster and at the end he was redeemed. In short: a good doctor, who is Peter's friend and mentor turns into a monster and Spider-Man must stop him, but somehow not hurt his friend.

This story might work with fanboys but the GA most likely will not accept it. It would feel as the same story told with only different characters, and Spidey definitely needs something fresh now, something new.

There also needs to be interaction between the hero and the villain. You probably won't get much of that between Spidey and Lizard. Lizard just mostly roars and hisses.

Plus that would mean yet another sympathetic villain. I knew it was inevitable with the Lizard. That's why I wanted another villain to go along with him.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 01:53 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
Sam Raimi on the Spider-Man 4 Villain

http://www.superherohype.com/news/s...ews.php?id=8763
Wouldn't shocker make more sense?

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 02:50 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

raimi's either lining us up for an huge epic with lizard...or he's a douche.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 09:44 AM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think the Lizard should come in 5th, but then the 4th would probably be shit if we once again just see the doctor.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 11:21 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Nov 10th, 2009 07:24 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i read that, but i am not convinced its true

Old Post Nov 10th, 2009 07:35 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 04:28 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was honestly hoping that 3 would have been the final nail in coffin for this particular crew. That they would have said all they wanted to say with 3 films. If they are actually coming back , then I hope we can move past the melodramatic CW sappfest that was the weakest point of the these films. And mabie get a little more of a straitlaced / adult themed film for the next two.

That would be nice for me anyway.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2009 10:16 PM
jayce78 is currently offline Click here to Send jayce78 a Private Message Find more posts by jayce78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by jayce78
I was honestly hoping that 3 would have been the final nail in coffin for this particular crew. That they would have said all they wanted to say with 3 films. If they are actually coming back , then I hope we can move past the melodramatic CW sappfest that was the weakest point of the these films. And mabie get a little more of a straitlaced / adult themed film for the next two.

That would be nice for me anyway.

they tried that with 2 - love is a relatively adult thing to relate to, seeing as the closest teenagers and kids get to love is playing their favourite video game. the whole thing about him loosing his powers because he was bottling up all his love and feelings for MJ was perhaps a little weedy, but i'm sure people can relate to that sort of thing (the bottling up emotion, not loosing your radioactive spider-powers lol)

in 3 they tried to bring a dark element into the series. trying to show that having strong emotions can be bad for your reputation is other peoples eyes. PP was becoming arrogant because spidey was on top of the world by then. he wasn't being "ridiculed" by Jameson as much...but Raimi's dislike for the venom character ruined the films chances of becoming the dark film everyone wa hoping for. sure venom was born from hatred and wanted to kill spider-man, but the whole "emo-PP" was a bit shite and very wet...it was almost embarrassing to watch.

overall, i do like the films. but they've been pulled into this cliché of trying to be a serious film with light family fun in it, with jokes and farting, and explosions...(farting? perhaps not lol)

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 12:02 PM
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by CadoAngelus
they tried that with 2 - love is a relatively adult thing to relate to, seeing as the closest teenagers and kids get to love is playing their favourite video game. the whole thing about him loosing his powers because he was bottling up all his love and feelings for MJ was perhaps a little weedy, but i'm sure people can relate to that sort of thing (the bottling up emotion, not loosing your radioactive spider-powers lol)

in 3 they tried to bring a dark element into the series. trying to show that having strong emotions can be bad for your reputation is other peoples eyes. PP was becoming arrogant because spidey was on top of the world by then. he wasn't being "ridiculed" by Jameson as much...but Raimi's dislike for the venom character ruined the films chances of becoming the dark film everyone wa hoping for. sure venom was born from hatred and wanted to kill spider-man, but the whole "emo-PP" was a bit shite and very wet...it was almost embarrassing to watch.

overall, i do like the films. but they've been pulled into this cliché of trying to be a serious film with light family fun in it, with jokes and farting, and explosions...(farting? perhaps not lol)

I guess well just have to keep our finger's crossed and hope that Rami can learn from whatever mistakes he's made in the past and step up his game , as they say. The problem is I don't know if he see's the majority of what you or I and other fans are saying as part of his weak spots for these films. Other than the Venom debacale and having to many bad guys. I certainly don't want the man to change his style as a director or motavations as a director , I just wish some aspects of the movies would grow up a bit.

Just my opinion , Hoped I express it okay.

Last edited by jayce78 on Nov 16th, 2009 at 08:28 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 08:23 PM
jayce78 is currently offline Click here to Send jayce78 a Private Message Find more posts by jayce78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Hey peeps, what's up.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 07:17 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 07:54 PM
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

What up Dawgs . . . . .

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 08:49 PM