KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Why T3 doesn't stand up.

Why T3 doesn't stand up.
Started by: chriscaffee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chriscaffee

Why T3 doesn't stand up.

I think after lengthy analysis I have discovered why Terminator 3 doesn't stand up to the first two (but it's still better then any recent action flick I can think of, except for The Punisher and Batman Begins).

It's the style. It has all the superficial elements of a Terminator film, but the heart, the soul, the powerful underlying messages and the equally powerful action scenes are missing. To me, T3 feels more like a superhero movie (Spiderman or Superman) rather then a movie about cyborgs. In many ways it was too comic-booky.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 01:28 AM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

And too short!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 08:31 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

What would you have added to make it longer?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 01:48 AM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Benhacker
Terminator Future Prophet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chriscaffee
I think after lengthy analysis I have discovered why Terminator 3 doesn't stand up to the first two (but it's still better then any recent action flick I can think of, except for The Punisher and Batman Begins).

It's the style. It has all the superficial elements of a Terminator film, but the heart, the soul, the powerful underlying messages and the equally powerful action scenes are missing. To me, T3 feels more like a superhero movie (Spiderman or Superman) rather then a movie about cyborgs. In many ways it was too comic-booky.

Originally posted by barand1
And too short!

Good points you two big grin

Originally posted by chriscaffee
What would you have added to make it longer?

1. More future battle sequences
2. Flashback of what happened after T2.

Benhacker cool

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 04:15 AM
Benhacker is currently offline Click here to Send Benhacker a Private Message Find more posts by Benhacker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Undertaker
Battle Royale Champion

Get out you Terminator Wanna Be's, Face it you're not a real Terminator fan, Terminator 3 is the shit, Not long enough? Pffttt The 1st one didnt even go for 2 hours either, Only the 2nd one.

Die, Ugly.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 10:00 AM
Undertaker is currently offline Click here to Send Undertaker a Private Message Find more posts by Undertaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Originally posted by Undertaker
Get out you Terminator Wanna Be's, Face it you're not a real Terminator fan, Terminator 3 is the shit, Not long enough? Pffttt The 1st one didnt even go for 2 hours either, Only the 2nd one.

Yeah we do know that!

I'm just saying it needed to be longer so it could fit more things in, like more future war scenes, flash backs, and more story to help explain things better etc.

T2 wouldn't of worked if it was the same length as T1. It needed to be longer to explain more story, characters etc. This should of been the same case with T3.

Also we waited over 10 years and we only got an under 2 hour film. Surely you would of wanted it to be longer, yes?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 07:38 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

I suppose a more impressive fight scene between the T850 all torn up and half-roasted versus the T-X endoskeleton with partial liquid metal covering would have been welcome.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 12:00 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I think it badly needed more characterization. I mean Connor and Brewster were basically just cardboard cut-outs, no real depth to them.

It all happened too quickly, they needed to prolong the middle stages, build up the tension a little.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 07:46 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Undertaker
Battle Royale Champion

Originally posted by barand1
Yeah we do know that!

I'm just saying it needed to be longer so it could fit more things in, like more future war scenes, flash backs, and more story to help explain things better etc.

T2 wouldn't of worked if it was the same length as T1. It needed to be longer to explain more story, characters etc. This should of been the same case with T3.

Also we waited over 10 years and we only got an under 2 hour film. Surely you would of wanted it to be longer, yes?

I was quite happy with the film's length seeing as it left the door open for a Terminator 4, You need to stop worrying guys, The whole story will be explained, I wanna see the Future wars as much you lot do, We will see it for sure.

Die, Ugly.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 09:26 AM
Undertaker is currently offline Click here to Send Undertaker a Private Message Find more posts by Undertaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde
Xena: Warrior Princess

Linda Hamilton turned down the role of Sarah Connor in T3 because the script had nothing about 'the human condition, no message about human life'. I have to agree. T2, especially, had some very important messages about human life in it, with those all too famous quotes 'The futrues not set, there is no fate but what we make for ourselves'. This quote speaks for itself.

She also says, 'We were in unchartered territory now, making up history as we went along'. This says that everything we do helps to shape our future. If SC or the T101, John or Dyson had have done anything, even slightly wrong, the entire future would be changed forever.

Nothing was said in the third film about the human condition, no important messages, so IMO, T3 was crap because of it.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 11:05 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Girls know she's hot so they're upset. bye.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 05:12 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyDo3

T3 ****in sucks you why? hell James Cameron wasn't the director and Edward Furlong is the Original John Connor. If u like T3 then you SUCK

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 12:13 AM
JohnnyDo3 is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyDo3 a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyDo3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

In that case... I suck.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 12:19 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Hey I know people that like Mortal Kombat Annhilation.

Now they suck.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 05:07 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

I've always believed T3 would have worked much more efficiently had it taken place in present time for the first half and then began the war of the machines during the second; Then ending at a cliffhanger leaving the door open for T4 to focus solely on the war and a more aged yet experienced John Connor.

Originally posted by vvvrulz
I think it badly needed more characterization. I mean Connor and Brewster were basically just cardboard cut-outs, no real depth to them.

It all happened too quickly, they needed to prolong the middle stages, build up the tension a little.

Could not agree more, yes

Originally posted by vvvrulz
Hey I know people that like Mortal Kombat Annhilation.

Now they suck.

laughing

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 07:09 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

maybe T3 got a crappy response because the new T-X was just a crappy knock off of the much cooler T2 terminator. so it could graft weapons from its arms, big deal, they hardly changed the concept at all, whereas the change from T1 to T2 was more impressive, like the machines had made a real technological advance, not just strapped a flamethrower into the old model. 10 years should have been long enough for them to think up something a bit better dont you think

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 03:23 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Its kinda hard to think of improvements though.. a gaseous Terminator?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 03:54 AM
o kiMMii o
= MJ 2o06 =

Its crap we all know that, T fans are probably still bitter including myself, hey these are the movies we grew up loving and thats why i still hold on to it.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 07:34 AM
o kiMMii o is currently offline Click here to Send o kiMMii o a Private Message Find more posts by o kiMMii o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Amen !

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 09:12 AM
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

Originally posted by Undertaker

And who're you to say we're not Terminator fans? You don't sound like a fan yourself. We know T3 wasn't as good as T1 or 2, but don't diss the length of T1. It's a classic.

O and btw, don't taint the Deadman's name. You're just making a fool out of yourself with the name "Undertaker". There is only one Undertaker who walks this earth and he's on Smackdown, not you. He'll Tombstone your a$$ any day! smile

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 09:21 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote