KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Albert Einstein - "So long as there are men, there will be wars." Do you agree?

Albert Einstein Quote
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
I Agree. 75 78.95%
I Disagree. 20 21.05%
Total: 95 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Albert Einstein - "So long as there are men, there will be wars." Do you agree?
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Re: Albert Einstein - "So long as there are men, there will be wars." Do you agree

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
This was verbatim from Albert Einstein himself.

Think it's true ..?

Absolutely true. As long as people have differing ideas and beliefs, there will be wars, because there will always be people who take these differing views and begin conflict with others.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 10:33 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Think it's true ..?

Yes. It's natural for humans to have disagreements, resulting into violence

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 07:52 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Humans or men only?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 11:12 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Just men. laughing Does that answer your question.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 07:58 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

As long as theres something to fight about there will be wars. The first person who put a fence arround a piece of land and said "this is mine" is to blamesmile

Einstein was wrong about a lot of things (eg.exceeding the speed of light)

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 06:17 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Alliance
Just men. laughing Does that answer your question.

Uh.. yea. i guess that'll do; since I only offered two possible answers.

thanks?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 07:30 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Re: Albert Einstein - "So long as there are men, there will be wars." Do you agree

Think it's true ..?

Yes

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 12:07 AM
Lucius is currently offline Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Black Ghost
Observer

"Albert Einstein - "So long as there are men, there will be wars." Do you agree?"

Absolutely not! Assume there are only two people on Earth. Stick one in Asia and one in North America with no way of reaching eachother or knowing of the other's existance. There you go, there are men, there is no war! Look in three sentecnes I just proved Einstein wrong!

big grin laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 07:44 PM
The Black Ghost is currently offline Click here to Send The Black Ghost a Private Message Find more posts by The Black Ghost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Originally posted by The Black Ghost
"Albert Einstein - "So long as there are men, there will be wars." Do you agree?"

Absolutely not! Assume there are only two people on Earth. Stick one in Asia and one in North America with no way of reaching eachother or knowing of the other's existance. There you go, there are men, there is no war! Look in three sentecnes I just proved Einstein wrong!

big grin laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

You missed the entire meaning of the quote...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 10:47 PM
Lucius is currently offline Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Think it's true ..?

Yes.

Either everyone will be forcefully pacified and then there will be a revolution, or we shall fight until we are all united...after which, we will fight again.

Originally posted by Arcana
You missed the entire meaning of the quote...

Lord of the Eighth--may I presume the rest of your title is 'of the Nine Hells'?--The Black Ghost was making a joke.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 12:16 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

Originally posted by FeceMan
Lord of the Eighth--may I presume the rest of your title is 'of the Nine Hells'?--The Black Ghost was making a joke.

Ack shows what I know.

And yes the rest of the title of be "of the Nine Hells"... do I see a fellow D&D fan?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 12:27 AM
The Black Ghost
Observer

Originally posted by FeceMan

Im glad someone called it... lol

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 06:30 PM
The Black Ghost is currently offline Click here to Send The Black Ghost a Private Message Find more posts by The Black Ghost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Arcana
Ack shows what I know.

And yes the rest of the title of be "of the Nine Hells"... do I see a fellow D&D fan?

Yep. All hail...uh...whatever the hell's in the BoVD.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 09:17 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthivader

yes because there cant be two or more people who agree on everything, it would be crazy, there will always be differences and fue to that conflicts

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 03:41 AM
darthivader is currently offline Click here to Send darthivader a Private Message Find more posts by darthivader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sammii

I agree with the topic

As generations go on the world is departing , conflict has never been so normal every aspect of a daily life has conflict and disagreements and as the generation go on man has more to fight for.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 08:02 PM
sammii is currently offline Click here to Send sammii a Private Message Find more posts by sammii Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nogoodnamesleft
Restricted

Account Restricted

Think it's true ..?

Yes. But war is necessary. All nations that became great became so because of war. Without war there would be nothing.

Edit: I mean, c'mon, look at my shitty country. We have about as much balls as a blind, deaf, quadruplegic, starving pygmy shrew with AIDS. That's about how masculine we are. We're the world's biggest loser, we're the 51st State, and the best we've ever done was when we once very briefly held the position of being a moderately important country. Now, look at America. They were created via warfare. They're big, powerful, have an uber military, the world's strongest economy, they're winners, and they don't take shit from anyone. That's what we should be like. But you know what? We're not like that. Because we were created "peacefully".

So in fact, war is very necessary in order for things to not suck ass.

Last edited by Nogoodnamesleft on Aug 27th, 2006 at 05:36 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 05:32 PM
Nogoodnamesleft is currently offline Click here to Send Nogoodnamesleft a Private Message Find more posts by Nogoodnamesleft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

I'm afraid I agree with Old Albie - however, I hope one day it will be fought by remote controlled robots and will involve few human deaths.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 10:34 PM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Akira99
Servant of ESP

I agree totally though evidence shows female leaders have also been participants in Wars, many old Western Queens etc. ]
I reckon we need a society where there are more women than men [approx. 3:1] [I wrote a thread about this on Gen. Discuss] as the advantages would be very good and numerous:
Read this and see for yourself. The only real problem is the women who want monogamous relationships but that in itself is very weak compared to the many advantages - espeically with regard to the question in this thread.
http://www.angryharry.com/esMoreWom...MenRequired.htm

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 08:01 PM
Akira99 is currently offline Click here to Send Akira99 a Private Message Find more posts by Akira99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

My analysis. Albert's quote is on point and always will be.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 04:09 AM
Dusty

edit.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 04:10 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote