KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Superhero Mount Rushmore

Superhero Mount Rushmore
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ion
If we're throwing in creators too it gets too hard. Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, George Perez, Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man should all be there. I petition for a 6 man mountain. yes

don't change my rules!! mad

big grin

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 02:19 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

well . . .

BUMP!!

big grin

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 04:14 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Comic characters
Superman,Batman,Spiderman,Wolverine
i think this is on point

Comic Creators
Stan Lee
Mark Gruenhald
jack Kirby
Geroge Perez

oops we now have two montains, sorry leo

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 04:38 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

The 4 faces are: Superman, Batman, Thanos, Darkseid, Poccy and Adam Warlock. I know, I added two extras. But I think they earned a place on there.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 05:29 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
The 4 faces are: Superman, Batman, Thanos, Darkseid, Poccy and Adam Warlock. I know, I added two extras. But I think they earned a place on there.

That list, IMO is pathetic no expression

Apocalypse? No.
Darkseid? Meh no, but alot more understandable than Poccy.
Adam Warlock? No, just way too obscure.
Thanos? I could kinda get, kinda on par with Darkseid.

Superman
Batman
Spiderman
Wolverine

Comic Creators?

Will Eisner
Jack Kirby
Stan Lee
Jerry Siegel

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 05:41 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

This is the face of the comic character Rushmore.

Batman- Dark history taints this character, but beloved he is.
Superman- The last Son of Krypton, and the first father of the conventionals. Hope for the world wears this shield.
Spiderman- The original everyman who just wanted to make it through the day. The first true Superhero, since he didn't have a set of Supermorals.
Hulk- The best and most popular anti-hero, who to this day just can't catch a break.

That's the Rushmore of Comics.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 05:47 PM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by CasanoVa
That list, IMO is pathetic no expression

Apocalypse? No.
Darkseid? Meh no, but alot more understandable than Poccy.
Adam Warlock? No, just way too obscure.
Thanos? I could kinda get, kinda on par with Darkseid.

Superman
Batman
Spiderman
Wolverine

Comic Creators?

Will Eisner
Jack Kirby
Stan Lee
Jerry Siegel

That list is supposed to represent the best characters, not the most popular.

Ok, I admit Poccy was a personal preference. stick out tongue

But the rest are more deserving than over-wanked assholes like Wolverine. Thanos, Darkseid and AW are actually good, even great characters. Spidey I might see, but he doesn't rank in the same page as those 3. They're better written, more interesting and more unique.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 05:59 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

That list is supposed to represent the best characters, not the most popular.

Ok, I admit Poccy was a personal preference. stick out tongue

But the rest are more deserving than over-wanked assholes like Wolverine. Thanos, Darkseid and AW are actually good, even great characters. Spidey I might see, but he doesn't rank in the same page as those 3. They're better written, more interesting and more unique.

Again:

Spiderman, Wolverine, Batman and Superman IMO are undoubtedly the best comic characters ever made, it's only the way they are handled sometimes that can wreck their appeal. If somebody came up to me and said, hey how about that Adam Warlock? Isn't he just the greatest comic creation ever? I would flat out say no.

So from where I'm sitting, their popularity stems from their superiority as a character, meaning if they werent already the best characters they wouldnt have gained such a large fanbase.

But yeah, I dont really care erm

Your list still sucks roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 06:13 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

As for characters ... Superman, Batman, and Spider Man, obviously. The fourth is a lot harder.

Wolverine--One of Marvel's best known characters; the best known X-Man. On the other hand, because he is "the best known X-Man"--as a member of a team--he's not as individually iconic as the other three. I suspect that if someone doesn't know who the X-Men are, he won't know who Wolverine is, either. Maybe not a lot of recognition among non-comic fans, but it might be appropriate to put someone from Marvel's most popular team on here.

Wonder Woman--DC's third most well-known character, without a doubt, but I understand that she's not all that popular. Furthermore, although everybody can recognize her--including noncomic fans--most nonfans probably don't have any real conception of her as a character. As a random person of the street about Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man, and he could probably tell you something about their personalities. Ask him about Wonder Woman, and he could probably tell you her panty design. Maybe something about her lasso. She's famous without anybody really knowing anything about her.

Captain America--probably not as famous as Wolverine or Wonder Woman among the general public, but more iconic then Wolverine (even though he was with the Avengers, I think people tend to view him as an individual , whereas they think of Wolverine as "one of the X-Men."

Hulk--Everybody knows Hulk's story, and everybody's heard the phrase "Hulk smash!" at least once in their life. He's certainly famous--more famous then Wolverine and Captain America, I'd bet.

Judge Dredd--Huh? Well, comic books aren't a strictly American phenominon, and if you want to represent all comic books, instead of just American ones, we shouldn't restrict ourselves to characters who are super popular in America. Judge Dredd must be Great Britian's most popular comic book character, and he at least has face recognition in America.

Dredd and Hulk are probably the best contestants, but it's a toss-up between them.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 06:38 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

If this was for comic creators rather than superheroes, then -

Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Julius Schwartz and Will Eisner. thumb up

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 07:34 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Superman
CaptainAmerica
Batman
IronMan

All of these guys are well known and have had an influnce on creating certain character archetypes.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 07:48 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Superman/Batman/Spiderman/Captain America

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 07:52 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shksprtx
Cosmic Redneck

Superman, Batman, Spiderman, and Captain America ftw...the four most iconic and recognizable figures in comics history...

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 03:40 PM
shksprtx is currently offline Click here to Send shksprtx a Private Message Find more posts by shksprtx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

IronMan

*points* Look he picked Iron Man! Get him! mad

*sings* Lets all beat up Symmetric, lets all beat up symmetric, la, la, la , la. (Its an english football hooligan thing you wouldnt understand)

Last edited by Deadline on Apr 25th, 2007 at 04:26 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 04:21 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Marvel:

Hulk
Captain America
Spider-Man
Ironman

DC:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Luthor

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 04:32 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Galan007
Marvel:

Ironman

Quick! Beat him up! laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 04:36 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by Alfheim
*points* Look he picked Iron Man! Get him! mad

*sings* Lets all beat up Symmetric, lets all beat up symmetric, la, la, la , la. (Its an english football hooligan thing you wouldnt understand)

Manchester United ftw! laughing

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 05:44 PM
shksprtx
Cosmic Redneck

Originally posted by Galan007
Marvel:

Hulk
Captain America
Spider-Man
Ironman

DC:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern

Co-signed, with one minor correction...

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 08:33 PM
shksprtx is currently offline Click here to Send shksprtx a Private Message Find more posts by shksprtx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Manchester United ftw! laughing

I love that smiley , thats the one I was looking for laughing Isnt there one with an angry mob with guns?

Originally posted by shksprtx
Co-signed, with one minor correction...

You said Ironman . Get him!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 11:42 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Superman (like any explanation is actually necessary).

Spider-Man: Marvel's icon, and arguably the most popular superhero, at least at the moment. He could also stand as a symbol of exercising power responsibly.

Wonder Woman: I could say for political correctness, but that's trite. Better to say, women--obviously--count as much as men, (and like the others here, she is also very well known).

Captain America: c'mon: monument to American heroes on an American mountain? To not have him on would be like leaving the stars off the American flag.

For those who might be wondering: the reason I did not put Batman on is because he represents, somewhat, vigilante justice, not necessarily the Rule of Law. Americans generally like to see themselves as noble and defect-free, the light unto other nations [cue God Bless America here].

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Apr 26th, 2007 at 12:06 PM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 11:58 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote