KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Superhero Mount Rushmore

Superhero Mount Rushmore
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Characters: Superman, Spider-Man, Batman and Captain America
Creators: Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, George Perez and Dave Cockrum

at least imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 10:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Characters: Superman, Spider-Man, Batman and Captain America
Creators: Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, George Perez and Dave Cockrum

at least imo.

geez, you too . . .??

Old Post Oct 29th, 2009 11:20 AM
leonidas is online now! Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by leonidas
geez, you too . . .??

what'd i do?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 29th, 2009 05:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman, Spider-Man, Batman, Hulk.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Oct 29th, 2009 06:02 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by -Pr-
what'd i do?

last i checked there were only FOUR faces on the mountain . . . big grin

Old Post Oct 29th, 2009 10:28 PM
leonidas is online now! Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Superman and Batman is pretty much a must from the DC side.

From Marvel Spiderman is also a must than you can choose from Hulk , Wov , Cap.

I would go with Superman , Batman , Spiderman , Hulk

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2009 05:04 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Characters: Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Hulk.

Creators: Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Alan Moore, Grant Morrison.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Nov 9th, 2009 06:11 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

last i checked there were only FOUR faces on the mountain . . . big grin

i was just giving options...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 9th, 2009 11:56 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

so, because the thread was soooooo cool..... BUMP!! big grin

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 09:48 PM
Badabing
Karen

Batman, Guy Gardner, Captain America, Hulk.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 10:18 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Originally posted by roughrider
Even the Superman haters can't deny him his place on Rushmore. This should be about influence, popularity and durability.
He would be joined by Batman, naturally. Plus Spider Man - the top single face of Marvel. The fourth spot, it's between Capatin America and The Hulk. Hulk pioneeered the hero as misunderstood monster, and has one of the longest runs of popularity as an anti-hero. Cap was created because of WW2, and is a symbol of national spirit and trying to lead by example.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 11:26 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Uncle Sam should be up there. He was the first patriotic hero, IIRC.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 11:38 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

DC only: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and either GL or Flash.

Marvel only: Spider-Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Captain America

DC & Marvel: Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, Hulk

Old Post Dec 13th, 2011 11:57 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'm pretty shocked that i keep seeing so many wolverine votes. i know he's popular, and a cash cow, but as far as his overall impact on marvel and the significance of his character i'm just not seeing it. if it were just marvel, i would have to go with spidey, hulk, cap and ironman/thor. i'd place namor above logan on the list as well.... no slight against logan, i just don't really see him as relevent until frank miller put him officially on the map. claremont did some good things with him in a team setting, but miller changed him forever. i just don't see him as having the history of the others, or as having symbolized something significant as the others have done. erm

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 03:29 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Honestly, if I could, I'd put the entire F4 above Wolverine. Easily.

Actually, I'd like to replace Wolverine with the giant 4 logo on the face of Rushmore.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 03:48 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Living Tribunal - the faces of Equity, Vengeance, Necessity, and the fourth face a blank space.

Otherwise, I think these guys are a given:
1) Superman
2) Batman
3) Spider-Man

...but I honestly can't think of a fourth superhero character that has penetrated culture and the public consciousness to quite the same extent.

If I had to pick the fourth I guess it would be someone like Hulk, Wonder Woman etc. Not Wolverine, as much as I used to like the character.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 03:35 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

i'm pretty shocked that i keep seeing so many wolverine votes. i know he's popular, and a cash cow, but as far as his overall impact on marvel and the significance of his character i'm just not seeing it. if it were just marvel, i would have to go with spidey, hulk, cap and ironman/thor. i'd place namor above logan on the list as well.... no slight against logan, i just don't really see him as relevent until frank miller put him officially on the map. claremont did some good things with him in a team setting, but miller changed him forever. i just don't see him as having the history of the others, or as having symbolized something significant as the others have done. erm

... What?

The All-New All-Different X-Men revived a dying comic with horrible sales figures that had been on hiatus for years, only publishing reprints and made the X-Men constantly one of the top selling franchise in comics for close to three decades (until the 2000s when Marvel decided to give the Avengers some love and the X-Men were mismanaged and treated to a string of terrible story). A large portion of the success of the X-Men can be directly attributed to the break out popularity of Wolverine as a character. How is Wolverine possibly less "relevant" to the history of comics than Cap, Thor, Iron-man, Hulk or (lol) Namor? Aside from being more popular, the fact that he is a more complex, nuanced and all round better character than any of the above, he has also appeared in better, more iconic story arcs. Even Walt Simon's Thor and Bob Layton's run on Iron Man doesn't hold a candle to the Claremont / Bryne era of X-Men.

Batman, Superman, Spider-man, Wolverine

Don't see how anyone can rationally argue otherwise. The only slightly reasonable sub for Wolverine is Iron Man, and that is %100 because of the insane popularity of the movies.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 05:17 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
... What?

The All-New All-Different X-Men revived a dying comic with horrible sales figures that had been on hiatus for years, only publishing reprints and made the X-Men constantly one of the top selling franchise in comics for close to three decades (until the 2000s when Marvel decided to give the Avengers some love and the X-Men were mismanaged and treated to a string of terrible story). A large portion of the success of the X-Men can be directly attributed to the break out popularity of Wolverine as a character. How is Wolverine possibly less "relevant" to the history of comics than Cap, Thor, Iron-man, Hulk or (lol) Namor? Aside from being more popular, the fact that he is a more complex, nuanced and all round better character than any of the above, he has also appeared in better, more iconic story arcs. Even Walt Simon's Thor and Bob Layton's run on Iron Man doesn't hold a candle to the Claremont / Bryne era of X-Men.

Batman, Superman, Spider-man, Wolverine

Don't see how anyone can rationally argue otherwise. The only slightly reasonable sub for Wolverine is Iron Man, and that is %100 because of the insane popularity of the movies.

'fraid i'm not buying any of that srank. claremont's run WAS epic, but its greateness wasn't contingent on logan (especially as he is portrayed today). the STORIES were great, and logan wasn't even clearly the most integral part of that team. we can argue iconic runs all day. was claremont's better than miller's dd? i doubt it, personally. layton's run was awesome--the alcoholism stuff was unreal at the time. simonson's run was great. starlin's early stuff was great. and so on.... imo, logan did nothing extraordinary. he was a solid character who's grown to become immensely popular, but what has he really added to the genre? not much imo. he's not the first anti-hero. he's not the first mutant. he was important to the xmen, but no more important or essential than scott or peter.

when i think of the most important (marvel characters for the sake of this discussion), i view it as characters who changed the industry. namor was vital to marvel early on, and is one of the fundamental marvel characters. he's one of the characters that got marvel on its way. popularity doesn't change his role. who knows if logan would have evolved had namor not been the first mutant. spidey was the quintessential marvel character and was everything that was 'different' from dc.

cap has been an icon since his inception, was in fact created to BE an icon and an embodiment of an ideal.

hulk was an incredible character, played up the nuclear age (an angle that also benefitted logan and the mutants) and ironman exemplified the budding 'technological' age.

logan? really exemplifes.....nothing imo, aside from popularity and the big business of comics. he wouldn't come close to my personal top 4 in marvel, let alone in comics. we not usually too far off opinion-wise, but this time, we see things very differently.

and jake, i ALSO considered putting the number 4 on the mount, but thought it might be cheating. laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 16th, 2011 11:58 PM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Superman- The quintessential Superhero. The character is ingrained in pop culture. My 6 year old son not only knows who Superman is, but already has a general knowledge of his origins, powers and alter ego. And I've never even told him about the guy! Crazy.

Spiderman- Nearly the same as Superman. Ingrained in pop culture.

Batman- Quite possibly the greatest top to bottom, most well known Rogues gallery in comicdom and a fascinating back story to boot. There are actual college courses taught about Batman. Insane.

Not too sure about 4. Toss up between wonder woman, the hulk and Cap.

Last edited by dmills on Dec 17th, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2011 12:29 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

all right, after much consideration, my mountain would feature these 4:

stan lee - no need i trust for explanations . . .

jack kirby - they didn't call him the king for nothing. at one time or another he put his mark on nearly every comicbook that had any relevence. when i think of comics, i think of jack every time . . .

superman - how can you not? even if he technically wasn't the first, he's the one most responsible for putting comics in the public eye and keeping it there. movies, tv, comicstrips. too many reasons to name . . .

spiderman - many of the same reasons apply to spidey as they do to supes. my main reason though is because spidey was the first (among the first) of marvel's innovative and more 'realistic' superheroes that changed the face of the industry. marvel wanted to add realism to comics. they chose spidey to exemplify that ideal, and i believe they chose well indeed . .. wink

even after all this time, i don't think i would change this....

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2016 01:18 PM