KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Vader versus Asajj Ventress

Darth Vader versus Asajj Ventress
Started by: Dark Aristokrat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lightsnake

We'd also be comparing and contrasting with a younger Anakin Skywalker who destroyed Asajj twice and has improved since then. And I'd put the Dark Woman on a tier a bit above Asajj

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:07 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Eh, no. No we wouldn't be comparing and contrasting that Anakin since he got his limbs lopped off and his force potential maimed.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:09 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

It also probably hurts to move when your skin is uber tight, cause you are a walking third-degree burn.

Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:11 AM
Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

When Anakin first trashed Asajj, he wasn't close to Vader in the OT. Maimed or no, he was still a monster

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:11 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark Aristokrat
Let me make this case SIMPLE.

Asajj has contended with Obi-Wan, Kit Fisto and Anakin numerous times. She has slain several jedi masters, a few of which weren't slouches in combat (Dark Rendezvoous). She is said on the Starwars.com databank as perfecting the two bladed style. She was a student of Dooku and a very cunning and deadly opponent.

Vader has all of Anakin's knowledge though. He has fought he mutiple times before and understands how she fights, but she has almost no idea of how he fights because it was said that Vader had to change his style to let him make the best use of his suit. Vader has another 20 years of training and although his armor hurts him a lot, it also helps him. It gives him extreme strength, keeps him from tiring as fast during combat, and protects him from a lightsaber wound that took down Obi-wan in AOTC.

Contrast this with limited mobility OT Vader, who cannot prevent Luke Skywalker from getting swift hits on him and who has not fought a dangerous opponent on Asajj's level in years. Vader suffers from decreased force powers, a limited saber style, and no real offensive powers above her own.

I find this pretty easily in Asajj's favor.

Vader has had another 20 years to pratice these new saber skills and has faced Luke, who is quite powerful. Luke was doing many of the same things that Anakin did between AOTC and ROTS, but no one thinks Anakin in ROTS is just a little more powerful then his Rots version.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:13 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Yeah, okay. Gotta love the movie bias/ OT bias.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:17 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Wait, you sound sarcastic. You mean some people don't love it? confused

Anyway, how am I being biased? Everything I stated is fact.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:21 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Can we stop passing off points as 'Ot/movie' bias?
How about everytime someone mentions ANYTHING good about anyone in the EU, we instantly call it 'EU/Bias, Starwars defliers, KJA fanboys' among other things.

Vader killed the Dark Woman shortly before ANH...like I said, I have the feeling she was waaay above Asajj

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:24 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

When I see "Vader contended with Luke and we all know how powerful Luke was" and this is used without sneering, I begin to question the opposing side.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:38 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

When I see "Vader contended with Luke and we all know how powerful Luke was" and this is used without sneering, I begin to question the opposing side.

When was that used?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:40 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

"Vader has had another 20 years to pratice these new saber skills and has faced Luke, who is quite powerful"

Sorry, I reworded it. That is the original quote.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:42 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

It's true, though. Vader really does have another 20 years and has faced Ventress many times, yet she hasn't faced OT Vader, who fights very differently from the one Asajj fought.

Why shouldn't Luke be powerful? No one can deny that he has things like the Kaiburr crystal. Look at how much power Anakin gained in the three years of the Clone Wars. Now, compare that to Luke's 4 in the Galatic Civil War. What makes them so different.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:45 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

It's true, though. Vader really does have another 20 years and has faced Ventress many times, yet she hasn't faced OT Vader, who fights very differently from the one Asajj fought.

1- Where does it show Vader perfecting his saber skills for 20 years? Against who?

2- Since when is knowing OT Vader's style important? ESB Luke could contend with him, and Asajj would MURDER him.

3- How can Vader account for her blinding speed and twin blades?

Why shouldn't Luke be powerful? No one can deny that he has things like the Kaiburr crystal. Look at how much power Anakin gained in the three years of the Clone Wars. Now, compare that to Luke's 4 in the Galatic Civil War. What makes them so different.

Luke is WEAK in the OT. He isn't refined, he isn't experienced, and he isn't a threat to Vader, considering that Luke has no discipline or real power. I really don't see how you can consider Luke the equivalent of a jedi knight when he doesn't have a fraction of the experience, control, and whatnot of even an average jedi.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:50 AM
Lightsnake

1. I'd say the numerous Jedi he hunted and killed.

2. I doubt Vader was trying to carve Luke into pieces....Luke WAS his son, afterall.

3. The same way Vader accounted for the Dark WOman's speed, and the eight Jedi who went after him at once in 'Purge'

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:55 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

1- Where does it show Vader perfecting his saber skills for 20 years? Against who?

Kam, Jerec, ect. There were plenty of other Dark Jedi for him to fight. He also fought the Royal Guards(to show them they weren't as strong as the dark side).

How are you going to prove that Vader just sat on his butt for 20 years? That's completely out of character as in that new Luceno book, we learn this, "Vader stood ground: I do not fear death, my Master.

Palpatine: Then why go on living, my young apprentice?

Vader: To learn to become more powerful."

Yeah, he definatly just sat back and drank Starbucks while eatching ESPN all day.

2- Since when is knowing OT Vader's style important? ESB Luke could contend with him, and Asajj would MURDER him.

Vader was playing with Luke. Vader pwned Luke in like 20 seconds after he got mad. Luke could content with him? Sounds like anti-movie bias to me.

3- How can Vader account for her blinding speed and twin blades?

He can overpower her with ease. Vader has far more experince and knowledge of her form. Believe it or not, knowing how someone fights means a ton in a fight, believe me, I do it for a sport.

Vader probably has better force powers as knows everything Anakin did and has been learning from Sidious for as long as he had been alive by ROTS.

Luke is WEAK in the OT. He isn't refined, he isn't experienced, and he isn't a threat to Vader, considering that Luke has no discipline or real power. I really don't see how you can consider Luke the equivalent of a jedi knight when he doesn't have a fraction of the experience, control, and whatnot of even an average jedi.

Luke has fought more then plenty of people. He took on Black Sun, Jabba's Sail Barge guys, ect. Luke also has demonstrated abilites like force choke and was able to use the force to increase his physical strength to the level necessary to defeat Guri, who was a powerful human replica droid. He won that fight unarmed, but he should have been pwned seeing as she was described as having superhuman strength.

And lets look at people like Nomi, who, with equal amounts of time became very powerful.

Wait, if he isn't a threat to Vader?!?!... You just said that ESB Luke could contend with him.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 06:08 AM
calvs
Kommunist

Assaj could have been training, and visiting Korriban; we just don't know. In ANH Vader is extremely slow, while in "The Clone Wars" show Assaj is easily quite more agile than ROTS Anakin. Speed is a higher advantage than power/strength/knowledge in this case; it's just like David and Goliath.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 06:17 AM
Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

We're comparing a cartoon to actual actors?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 06:20 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by calvin44
Assaj could have been training, and visiting Korriban; we just don't know. In ANH Vader is extremely slow, while in "The Clone Wars" show Assaj is easily quite more agile than ROTS Anakin. Speed is a higher advantage than power/strength/knowledge in this case; it's just like David and Goliath.

Yeah, in the Clone Wars cartoon she moved that fast, but then again, GG moved faster then Yoda in those.

ANH Vader means nothing as he fought so much better in ESB and ROTJ.

It doesn't matter what Asajj did after the Clone Wars, unless it was killing some frozen Ancient Sith Lord or something, because we have no indication of her power after that point and can't debate it. Using that logic I could argue that someone like Ben Skywalker, an 8 year old kid with almost no knowledge of the force, could pwn Exar, because of things he did later on. It doesn't work.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 06:21 AM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Originally posted by calvin44
Vader wouldn't be fast enough to block her attacks.

Vader's speed in comparison to Asajj's is equal to Mace's speed in to comparison with Sidious's speed in the duel between him and Yoda. And who won between Yoda and Mace?
quote:
But he wouldnt, cause he thought she was dead, which Anakin and Dooku told him!

Okay, I never knew he was told that. But surely someone knows she's alive.
quote:
Contrast this with limited mobility OT Vader,

Who's power is 80% of the Emperor's. I doubt Asajj's is. I'll leave Faunus to tell you about the Jedi Vader kills in DL.
quote:
And I'd put the Dark Woman on a tier a bit above Asajj

The Dark Woman lost to Aurra Sing, so no.
quote:

Gotta love the Asajj fanboyism.

Okay, we never even see Vader fight his best. As for ESB Luke contending with him... well, near the end he didn't do to shabby but notice at the beginning that Vader knocked him down right away and could have killed him then. After Luke cut Vader's arm Vader stopped the duel right then. He was in complete control the whole time.

calvin44, speed doesn't mean everything. See my example of Mace on page 1.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 06:38 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

1. Sidious wasn't exactly half machine though, so you cant compare there.

3. It is comparable to David and Goliath.

4. exactly

5. What leads you to believe we are Asajj fanboys, we only think she would win, and are trying to prove our point.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 06:48 AM