KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Vader versus Asajj Ventress

Darth Vader versus Asajj Ventress
Started by: Dark Aristokrat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Calvin, speed had nothing to do with David killing Goliath. David won because of a better weapon and possibly divine intervention.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 06:53 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Calvin, speed had nothing to do with David killing Goliath. David won because of a better weapon and possibly divine intervention.

a slingshot is better than a giant club?

Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 06:55 AM
Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

The big oaf (Goliath, Vader) loses to the more agile and quicker opponent(David, Assaj).

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 06:56 AM
Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

It wasn't a sling shot, it was just a sling, which can drive a rock five inches into your head from 20 yards is a lot better then a sword.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 07:06 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

actually, it was a sling shot, if you've read the bible.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 07:09 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Not a modern sling shot. You have to think about back when it was written. This is more what David used:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 07:17 AM
calvs
Kommunist

which is essentially a sling shot when use in scale to a giant.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 08:22 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

It has little to do with his speed though. There is no reason to compare it to this fight because the reason David won was because of a better weapon and possibly divine intervention. Speed had nothing to do with it.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 02:57 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Why does everyone think OT characters are so slow? They move rather fast, actually. Not as flashy as PT characters, but they can move their sabers as fast as OT characters.

That is true. I just watched the Empire Strikes Back and Vader and Luke moved pretty fast. Vader even moved fast enough to block Han's blaster with his hand and he even made it seem like nothing happened.
Vader would defeat Asajj.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 03:54 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote:
5. What leads you to believe we are Asajj fanboys, we only think she would win, and are trying to prove our point.

Janus is an Asajj fanboy. Who do you think I'm a fanboy of (just curious)?
quote:
Vader even moved fast enough to block Han's blaster with his hand and he even made it seem like nothing happened.

Exactly.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 06:28 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by darthsith19
Janus is an Asajj fanboy. Who do you think I'm a fanboy of (just curious)?

Exactly.

DS, I do not think Janus is an Asajj fanboy. He lacks the most important trait of a fanboy, lack of logic and proof to back up his claims. He's more of an anti-movie fanboy, which is understandable do to all of the anti-EU fanboys around that are a thousand times worse then he could ever be(not saying he is bad to begin with).

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 06:39 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote:
DS, I do not think Janus is an Asajj fanboy. He lacks the most important trait of a fanboy, lack of logic and proof to back up his claims. He's more of an anti-movie fanboy, which is understandable do to all of the anti-EU fanboys around that are a thousand times worse then he could ever be(not saying he is bad to begin with).

Okay, but he does tend to favor Asajj more than anyone else here.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 07:51 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Thank you, Glentract. I appreciate the insight.

And I am usually the only person saying Asajj has a chance in a fight. Perhaps I'm just impressed with her work since I managed to finish all of the Clone Wars novels, where she does some nice work and beats some opponents that I think could give Vader fits. I'm not gonna go off on a limb and say she pwns him inside of seconds, but I think she's better prepared and trained to fight OT Vader, than Luke was. And Luke, despite being weaker and less trained, was able to get a few hits in on Vader (Though when Vader was hacking and slashing like mad, Luke failed to take advantage of it, which leads me to believe that he is a truly poor fighter still in ESB.)

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 08:17 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Originally posted by Dark Aristokrat

And I am usually the only person saying Asajj has a chance in a fight. Perhaps I'm just impressed with her work since I managed to finish all of the Clone Wars novels, where she does some nice work and beats some opponents that I think could give Vader fits. I'm not gonna go off on a limb and say she pwns him inside of seconds, but I think she's better prepared and trained to fight OT Vader, than Luke was. And Luke, despite being weaker and less trained, was able to get a few hits in on Vader (Though when Vader was hacking and slashing like mad, Luke failed to take advantage of it, which leads me to believe that he is a truly poor fighter still in ESB.)

Maybe Asajj could beat him, but I doubt it. And about Vader, like I said before, we've never seen him actually fight for real so he very well could be able to beat Asajj.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 08:37 PM
calvs
Kommunist

All we know is from boks that don't mention how fast he is..
Originally posted by Dark Aristokrat

Uber qoute

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 08:49 PM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by darthsith19
Maybe Asajj could beat him, but I doubt it. And about Vader, like I said before, we've never seen him actually fight for real so he very well could be able to beat Asajj.

See him fight for real?

Oh my god...

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 11:28 PM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Originally posted by Sorgo
See him fight for real?

Oh my god...

confused

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 12:02 AM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does anyone understand that Vader didn't fake the first fight with Luke in ESB? Or was cutting off his Kids hand all part of his plan to save him? Vader was holding back on ROTJ, not ESB!

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 12:23 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Originally posted by Sorgo
Does anyone understand that Vader didn't fake the first fight with Luke in ESB? Or was cutting off his Kids hand all part of his plan to save him? Vader was holding back on ROTJ, not ESB!

Um, Sorgo, Vader didn't want to kill his son. He was obviously holding back. If he wasn't holding back why didn't he kill Luke when he had his saber to his throat? He cut off his ahnd to end the duel. What else was he going to do? He had no choice, unless he wished for the fight to go on forever. he needed to end the duel so he could talk to Luke and try to tuen him to the Dark Side.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 12:33 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I think DS is right here Sorgo.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 12:40 AM