KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Iron Fist vs Karate Kid

Iron Fist vs Karate Kid
Started by: Deadpool909

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Val is the KING of PIS. He gets thrown around by mid-top tiers and can still hang in a fight. Danny isn't that durable or as skilled as Val. Nor as fast.

The only chance is 3boot Val, but he'd likely take the majority as well.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 02:03 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord KMC

Danny can fell monsters 100's of feet tall with a few hits.

Danny can also punch them hundreds of times in the span of a second.

Danny's durable enough to tank hits from said huge monsters with fairly relative ease.

Danny's almost as skilled as Val.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 02:09 AM
Lord KMC is currently offline Click here to Send Lord KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Lord KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Close, but no cigar. PC has much better feats than regular Danny. Zero Hour came close to PC, but not as formidable. 3boot has some good feats under his belt, but not many feats.

I'm wondering about the current Val, though.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 02:12 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord KMC

Eh.

I'll just wait until they have Danny stomp out Thor or at least Namor.

Shouldn't be too long though.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 02:14 AM
Lord KMC is currently offline Click here to Send Lord KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Lord KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

When that happens, I'll put Danny on par with PC Val. I love IF and I'll have no problem doing so.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 02:15 AM
Lord KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prep-Man
When that happens, I'll put Danny on par with PC Val. I love IF and I'll have no problem doing so.

The funny thing here is that I'm actually a bigger Val fan yet arguing against him Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 02:17 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Lord KMC
Danny would also have those exact same "PIS induced powers" in a DC crossover or even in a Marvel comic if he ever encounters Superman level fighters like Thor and Banner.

not a chance because that is not, nor will it ever, be the way danny is written. hulk has next to ZERO speed feats. danny could get in some shots--he'd never really threaten hulk but he could cause hulk grief. and thor? in straight h2h, no hammer or powers, danny could cause him some grief perhaps for a short time. again, he could never threaten thor though. all he's got is blunt force. just how hard do you think danny can punch?? harder than juggernaut? hulk? cuz they hit thor SEVERAL times but didn't ko him. does he hit harder than thor's hammer? cuz hulk's taken several hammer blows. so, how hard DO you think he punches?

regardless, clark is a WHOLE different animal in straight h2h. so much faster than danny it's laughable. this is a forum match we're talking here. kal's speed means danny doesn't touch him. saying danny can 'hang' with superman is almost unbelieveable....

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 02:26 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Lord KMC The funny thing here is that I'm actually a bigger Val fan yet arguing against him Happy Dance

ive grown to love dany more. his last series was one of the best and im arguing against him! lol

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 02:31 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

1 inconsistent showing is meaningless, I guess you think Val can kick away meteors on a daily basis or stop earthquakes with a stomp...

1 inconsistent showing that he knows all the Martial Arts in the galaxy? So him doing Klenarian Muscle Locks and Thanarian Muscle Flex's, etc etc, dont show that he knows martial arts from other worlds? This scan says it best:

Proving, if proof be needed, that he is indeed the master of ALL the galaxy's myriad martial Arts
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y9...oyLSH231-30.jpg

*That is him breaking Inertron. Hardest metal in the DC universe - akin to secondary adamantium.

Scans please. Nemesis straight-up killed Karate back when they were both Leaders. Projectra just got lucky.

http://img3.imageshack.us/i/lsh19840416.jpg/
http://img508.imageshack.us/i/lsh19840417.jpg/
http://img403.imageshack.us/i/lsh19840419.jpg/
http://img12.imageshack.us/i/lsh19840420.jpg/
http://img141.imageshack.us/i/lsh19840421.jpg/
http://img43.imageshack.us/i/lsh19840422.jpg/
http://img837.imageshack.us/i/lsh19840423.jpg/
http://img97.imageshack.us/i/lsh19840501.jpg/
http://img339.imageshack.us/i/lsh19840514.jpg/
http://img710.imageshack.us/i/lsh19840515.jpg/

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 02:38 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by leonidas
not a chance because that is not, nor will it ever, be the way danny is written. hulk has next to ZERO speed feats. danny could get in some shots--he'd never really threaten hulk but he could cause hulk grief. and thor? in straight h2h, no hammer or powers, danny could cause him some grief perhaps for a short time. again, he could never threaten thor though. all he's got is blunt force. just how hard do you think danny can punch?? harder than juggernaut? hulk? cuz they hit thor SEVERAL times but didn't ko him. does he hit harder than thor's hammer? cuz hulk's taken several hammer blows. so, how hard DO you think he punches?

regardless, clark is a WHOLE different animal in straight h2h. so much faster than danny it's laughable. this is a forum match we're talking here. kal's speed means danny doesn't touch him. saying danny can 'hang' with superman is almost unbelieveable....
Danny can cut with ki, just wanted to put that out there.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 02:55 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord KMC

@Blair Wind: I guess I was wrong about the death of Karate Kid point. You just proved the Princess Projectra point though. She only won because he was OFF-GUARD.

Enraged Banner could possibly knock out Supes even though he lacks speed. Thor's been wrecked by Steve and Logan so it's stupid to assume that Danny couldn't hurt him either as he's far more powerful. Danny punches hard enough to fell monsters hundreds of feet tall and I don't THINK that, it's fact...

And yet, Kal has stalemated far slower fighters like; Val, Diana, and Bruce among others multiple times erm

Originally posted by Prep-Man
ive grown to love dany more. his last series was one of the best and im arguing against him! lol

Lol, that's ironic laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 02:56 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Enraged Banner could possibly knock out Supes even though he lacks speed. Thor's been wrecked by Steve and Logan so it's stupid to assume that Danny couldn't hurt him either as he's far more powerful.

"wrecked" by steve and logan? where exactly was this? your definition of "wrecked" is a little skewed methinks....

quote:
Danny punches hard enough to fell monsters hundreds of feet tall and I don't THINK that, it's fact...

you keep mentioning that. i'd love scans if you got them, not that it really matters. clark takes nukes, but you think without some of comics worst PIS he has a chance to even HARM kal? so you think danny hits harder than hulk or thor's hammer or jugg's? because, again, none of them have ko'd each other and they've beat hell out of each other often enough. landing a blow is one thing. 'hanging with someone' and actually posing any form of threat is something entirely different. danny couldn't actually pose a threat to hulk, thor or kal least of all. he could dance around thor or hulk for a while and get in some hits, but that's not 'hanging with them'. he's nowhere NEAR a threat to any one of them.

quote:
And yet, Kal has stalemated far slower fighters like; Val, Diana, and Bruce among others multiple times erm

and? this is a forum. in a forum, bats never touches kal in a million years. diana is as fast as the god mercury. i'd say yeah, she has a chance to hit him. no expression

and of course val--super-karate can do it all!

if you honestly think fist can threaten hulk or thor, and is actually capable of hanging in a h2h battle with superman this discussion is so far from pointless it can't see the light from pointless for a billion years.

but, you have taken a stance i thought i'd never see in my life, so for that entertaining opinion, i thank you. big grin

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 03:26 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord KMC

"wrecked" by steve and logan? where exactly was this? your definition of "wrecked" is a little skewed methinks....

Cap'n America owned Thor in some Avengers issue; I can't recall when Logan did it but Wolvie blitzed the thunder god. By "wrecked" - I mean stomped, ergo, merked, ergo, rocked, ergo, owned, ergo, defeated. An example would be: Val wrecked Mon, Jo, and Kara.

you keep mentioning that. i'd love scans if you got them, not that it really matters. clark takes nukes, but you think without some of comics worst PIS he has a chance to even HARM kal? so you think danny hits harder than hulk or thor's hammer or jugg's? because, again, none of them have ko'd each other and they've beat hell out of each other often enough. landing a blow is one thing. 'hanging with someone' and actually posing any form of threat is something entirely different. danny couldn't actually pose a threat to hulk, thor or kal least of all. he could dance around thor or hulk for a while and get in some hits, but that's not 'hanging with them'. he's nowhere NEAR a threat to any one of them.

...Kal's been knocked out by building busters, dude erm

and? this is a forum. in a forum, bats never touches kal in a million years. diana is as fast as the god mercury. i'd say yeah, she has a chance to hit him. no expression

and of course val--super-karate can do it all!

if you honestly think fist can threaten hulk or thor, and is actually capable of hanging in a h2h battle with superman this discussion is so far from pointless it can't see the light from pointless for a billion years.

but, you have taken a stance i thought i'd never see in my life, so for that entertaining opinion, i thank you. big grin

Bruce is a peak human much like Val so if the latter can tag Kal; I don't see why Bruce can't. Diana is actually very slow - maybe even slower than Thor so her tagging Kal is inconsistency, going by your "forum" logic. Danny Rand was Marvel's answer to Val Armorr. He was created as a rival for some future crossover or some shit like that. I'll reiterate; if Val can hang with Kal in h2h combat, I don't see why his "equal" from Marvel can't do the same.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 01:05 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Cap'n America owned Thor in some Avengers issue; I can't recall when Logan did it but Wolvie blitzed the thunder god. By "wrecked" - I mean stomped, ergo, merked, ergo, rocked, ergo, owned, ergo, defeated. An example would be: Val wrecked Mon, Jo, and Kara.

so..... where?

quote:
...Kal's been knocked out by building busters, dude erm

cool. and cap caught danny fist and stomped a mudhole in him, and wolvie cleaned danny's clock and he was forced to a double countout with BP. see, i can lowball too. smile

quote:
Bruce is a peak human much like Val so if the latter can tag Kal; I don't see why Bruce can't. Diana is actually very slow - maybe even slower than Thor so her tagging Kal is inconsistency, going by your "forum" logic. Danny Rand was Marvel's answer to Val Armorr. He was created as a rival for some future crossover or some shit like that. I'll reiterate; if Val can hang with Kal in h2h combat, I don't see why his "equal" from Marvel can't do the same.

i KNOW you're clowning, but i'll play along--diana is close to kal's speed. she's frickin tagged ZOOM! it is reasonable to assume she can hit clark without PIS.

are you trying to tell me you think it is reasonable to assume batman could hit superman if superman didn't want him to? is that what you're saying?

you avoided a lot of my other post, but tell me you're NOT saying that, please. that could actually be the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard in the forum. hell, i believe people have been banned for less...... laughing out loud

again, without the most ludicrous amounts of PIS in comics history, fist never--EVER touches kal, and does ZERO damage if he is allowed to.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 01:17 AM
Lord KMC

so..... where?

Val has done this in various Legion comics featuring Kara during his "training sessions".

cool. and cap caught danny fist and stomped a mudhole in him, and wolvie cleaned danny's clock and he was forced to a double countout with BP. see, i can lowball too. smile

Steve and Logan are the same people who stomped out Thor so Danny losing to them isn't really that much of a low-feat. I dunno who you're referring to by "BP". It takes significantly less than Danny or Val to harm Kal is what my main point was.

i KNOW you're clowning, but i'll play along--diana is close to kal's speed. she's frickin tagged ZOOM! it is reasonable to assume she can hit clark without PIS.

Diana tagging Zoom is the greatest instance of PIS\CIS I've ever seen in my life; even Wally who's loads faster than Kal who's loads faster than Diana can't defeat the guy.

are you trying to tell me you think it is reasonable to assume batman could hit superman if superman didn't want him to? is that what you're saying?

Bruce is a peak human just like Val, Danny, Logan, and Steve are. So yeah, I guess.

you avoided a lot of my other post, but tell me you're NOT saying that, please. that could actually be the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard in the forum. hell, i believe people have been banned for less...... laughing out loud

I was using your own logic to arrive at that conclusion.

again, without the most ludicrous amounts of PIS in comics history, fist never--EVER touches kal, and does ZERO damage if he is allowed to.

Yet Danny and Val are peers. Val's a peer to people like Jo, Mon, and Kara.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 01:27 AM
Uriel005

Val has done this in various Legion comics featuring Kara during his "training sessions".

Steve and Logan are the same people who stomped out Thor so Danny losing to them isn't really that much of a low-feat. I dunno who you're referring to by "BP". It takes significantly less than Danny or Val to harm Kal is what my main point was.

Diana tagging Zoom is the greatest instance of PIS\CIS I've ever seen in my life; even Wally who's loads faster than Kal who's loads faster than Diana can't defeat the guy.

Bruce is a peak human just like Val, Danny, Logan, and Steve are. So yeah, I guess.

I was using your own logic to arrive at that conclusion.

Yet Danny and Val are peers. Val's a peer to people like Jo, Mon, and Kara.
Just wanted to say that technically a speedforce entity is untouchable by anything as in theory they can outrun anything as it is cited to be the fastest anything in the universe can go so I don't see why if a Flash were to make the jump to speedforce it is possible for anything to tag them ever.
Also IMO Current Danny after picking up more chi skills and the removal of the limitations on his chi draw should take this with an IF spam.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 02:12 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Eh.

I'll just wait until they have Danny stomp out Thor or at least Namor.

Shouldn't be too long though.

Beating Namor still wouldn't put him anywhere close to the level of PIS required to embarrass PC Superman.

Even Thor wouldn't be the same, since Thor isn't close to as fast as PC Superman and as such Danny hitting him makes a lot more sense.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 03:12 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Anyone think it's weird that we ignore the fact that PC Superman's wildly inconstant fluctuating power levels that was the reason for the Crisis in the first place, and pretend that PC Superman was operating at solar system sneezing levels when Val fought with him?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 03:37 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Anyone think it's weird that we ignore the fact that PC Superman's wildly inconstant fluctuating power levels that was the reason for the Crisis in the first place, and pretend that PC Superman was operating at solar system sneezing levels when Val fought with him?
i kept hearing that Mxy had screwed with his power lvl to make that feat possible confused

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 03:40 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Beating Namor still wouldn't put him anywhere close to the level of PIS required to embarrass PC Superman.

Even Thor wouldn't be the same, since Thor isn't close to as fast as PC Superman and as such Danny hitting him makes a lot more sense.

That would be true. Val trains to fight meta humans by his master.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 05:32 AM