KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Daredevil, the Man without Fear!

Respect Daredevil, the Man without Fear!
Started by: Hit and Run

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

DD tanks Wolvie's stab-attack, and slaps him to the wayside:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(Also dodges bullets)

Scuffle with Spidey:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Releases some sort of omnidirectional attack to pwn all of the heroes after they'd dogpiled him:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

...It's also revealed that DD is possessed by 'The Beast'.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 12:22 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Good job, Galan thumb up

Daredevil chokes Black Tarantula (from DD #510):

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 18th, 2010 12:08 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mister Supreme

quote: (post)

Let's talk about all the fights that Daredevil had against Cap.
Matt has a great disadvantage fighting against Cap. He can't read his moves, due to the Super Soldier Serum, so he doesn't know when or where Cap is going to throw a punch until he throws it.

Not exactly. There was one instance when DD couldn't read Cap's heart. But DD has other ways to read an opponent. And unless I'm mistaken, DD was quite tired at the time. Though, it wasn't mentioned as the reason he had trouble reading Cap.

In another instance, DD could read Cap just fine.

The two have fought multiple times.

One was a nearly issue long classic fight in DD's fight. Cap was even using his shield while DD was unarmed and it was a stalemate.

The next fight was in DD's title again. DD turns off the lights at Avengers Mansion and engages the Avengers (Cap, Hercules, Beast, Black Widow). He casually defeats most of them including Cap. And that's while DD was weakened and delirious.

I don't think DD was weakened, his mind was not right though. Plus fighting them in the dark really helped DD since they did not know it was him and he DD can literally see in the dark with his Radar/hyper senses. Not regular circumstances for sure.

And there was another fight where Cap was off the deep end and became bad. DD engaged him in a warehouse and Cap seemed to get the better of DD. Though, it should be noted that Cap was basically "bad" so not holding back, while DD obviously was holding back.

And there's the Streets of Poison fight where Cap (mentally unstable, aggressive, not holding back, but not in top shape) beats down DD (who was seriously weakened and just went through hell, literally).

Also, DD defeated Infomorph, a being who had absorbed DD's and Cap's skills, possibly among others. Though, that's not representative at all IMHO. But if he could beat Infomorph he would be able to beat Captain America.

This is why I can't say Cap beats Daredevil, it's 5/10 for each when they are not holding back in a fair fight, really.
I just can't see this fight going any other way.
What about you.
So, tell me where did Cap beat Daredevil in a fair fight with no mind controlling or anything like this?

Basically, Cap, Daredevil, Black Panther would fight 5/10 for each this is how I always since there has never been a true victor in a fair fight.

In the scan you show, Daredevil was drugged so he lost his clear view and agility.

Dare Devil has the speed and Reflex’s to avoid anything Cap throw’s at him, he douse not need the strength, this is a guy who has defeated the like’s of Spiderman in combat a being with greater athleticism speed strength and on par reflexs, however his attuned seance served to help him defeat spidey, and we all know spidey is alot faster and stronger than Captain America is.

These are my favorite 2 battle’s between Spidey and DD because we all know Symbiotic Spidey is even more powerful than regular Spidey however DD can still go toe 2 toe with him showing he has more than enough to go toe to toe with Cap.

Here we have a brutal and cold Spidey who holds nothing back against DD, yet DD uses tactic’s to anger Spidey into a frenzy to defeat him.
http://lounge.moviecodec.com/vs-for...-elektra-75936/
posted by Vice Amura...

Like Cap, Daredevil has also defeated many metahumans, however Cap does it with his shield, so it's much easier for Cap.
It would be 5/10 for each in a fair, non-holding back fight.
I like both Cap and Daredevil very, very much, but to be honest Cap has yet to beat Daredevil in a fair fight and vice-versa.
Any other fight between Daredevil and Captain America that has happened recently?

Cheers.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2010 07:33 AM
Mister Supreme is currently offline Click here to Send Mister Supreme a Private Message Find more posts by Mister Supreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Cap rolls DD, but i wont tarnish the Kings thread.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2010 11:32 AM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mister Supreme

Originally posted by Juk3n
Cap rolls DD, but i wont tarnish the Kings thread.

Wrong in all fights they had Cap never beat DD in a fair fight.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2010 06:29 PM
Mister Supreme is currently offline Click here to Send Mister Supreme a Private Message Find more posts by Mister Supreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Good post. I disagree that Spidey with symbiote (comic version) was more powerful though.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2010 06:37 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BUSTER1

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Good post. I disagree that Spidey with symbiote (comic version) was more powerful though.

I make you correct. In the 616 comic continuety, the symbiote didn't increase spiderman's power at all.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2010 10:36 PM
BUSTER1 is currently offline Click here to Send BUSTER1 a Private Message Find more posts by BUSTER1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

May as well add this...

DD absorbs all of Ghost Rider's hell-fire:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Iron Fist hits DD with a healing chi attack:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

...Which ultimately allows Matt to make 'the sacrifice'/expel the demon.

End.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2010 11:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mister Supreme

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

However I must say that we also know Daredevil is hardly the greatest fighter in the MU, if he was he could outfight anybody, but that is not what the evidence shows. They used to call Captain America 'The Worlds Greatest Fighting Machine', not surprising given he is after all a Super-Soldier!
That Captain America is more powerful than Daredevil physically is a fact, but as we have seen he is also not without considerable skill and ability as a fighter and has not achieved what he has by chance.

There was one instance when DD couldn't read Cap's heart. But DD has other ways to read an opponent. And unless I'm mistaken, DD was quite tired at the time. Though, it wasn't mentioned as the reason he had trouble reading Cap.
It really is irrelevant as his greatest strength is also accepted as a major weakness, that is not his opponents fault - Do you not aknowledge Daredevil has similarly struggled against a wide variety of opponents? The sort of Opponents who would not match up well with Captain America?
I've really no desire to repeat what I already said in my previous post but when you are left resorting to splitting hairs about what the Super soldier Serum gives him and how good he'd be without it you do the character a disservice. Why target him but leave the little matter of Daredevils own augmented abilities out of it?!
Regardless, We know he'd still be a fine fighter without the Serum as at least one writer made it a specific point to show us!

Yes but how many did Daredevil truly look superior in, despite trying real hard? Almost none.

All fights between heroes in the sixties were stalemates, that was the rule of publishing law, no matter how lopsided the characters really were. But in Daredevil #43(Aug 1968) it was very apparent who was looking superior, and it wasn't Daredevil.

Daredevil as I stressed is capable of amazing things as his style of fighting is governed by his unique condition, he can beat opponents way out of his league because of it but when the opponent is as capable a fighter as Captain America, Wolverine or even Elektra he loses that edge.

And there's the Streets of Poison fight where Cap (mentally unstable, aggressive, not holding back, but not in top shape) beats down DD (who was seriously weakened and just went through hell, literally).

And was again struggling to read his opponents moves and match his speed as i recall. So far in this post you have admitted Daredvil has not looked convincing when put directly against Captain America, what would be interesting though is if you could come up with a convincing argument as to why he should!
Its just semantics - Yes Captain America is reinforced by a serum that keeps him in absolute peak condition, but so on the other hand is Daredevil kept sharp by both his Radar and superhuman senses. His entire technique as a fighter is tied into those near supernatural senses, what they tell him is happening. So whether he would be as good a fighter without the senses is highly questionable, like Captain America he would lose something in his overall performance level.

So, where did Cap beat Daredevil in a fair fight with no mind controlling or anything like this?

I'd say Daredevil #43 for one, #233 for another showed the gap, and you yourself have showed up the other inadequacies between the two.
The positions they inhabit in the MU and the standard foes & situations they face tend to be of a different level. Captain America is both the national Supersoldier, Icon and greatest hero as he has earned that respect, he is the elite.
Daredevil by contrast is a streetlevel vigilante who is at home in the dark and has some noteworthy skill in the martial arts department.
They can fight, but I would know who I'd bet on 10/10.
Despite these facts, I'm truly a great fan of both Daredevil and Captain America, and always will be, it doesn't matter Cap is better and more experienced fighter than DD.
These 2 will be always my favorite superheroes.

Cheers and Merry Christmas.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2010 05:45 PM
Mister Supreme

Originally posted by Mister Supreme
However I must say that we also know Daredevil is hardly the greatest fighter in the MU, if he was he could outfight anybody, but that is not what the evidence shows. They used to call Captain America 'The Worlds Greatest Fighting Machine', not surprising given he is after all a Super-Soldier!
That Captain America is more powerful than Daredevil physically is a fact, but as we have seen he is also not without considerable skill and ability as a fighter and has not achieved what he has by chance.

There was one instance when DD couldn't read Cap's heart. But DD has other ways to read an opponent. And unless I'm mistaken, DD was quite tired at the time. Though, it wasn't mentioned as the reason he had trouble reading Cap.
It really is irrelevant as his greatest strength is also accepted as a major weakness, that is not his opponents fault - Do you not aknowledge Daredevil has similarly struggled against a wide variety of opponents? The sort of Opponents who would not match up well with Captain America?
I've really no desire to repeat what I already said in my previous post but when you are left resorting to splitting hairs about what the Super soldier Serum gives him and how good he'd be without it you do the character a disservice. Why target him but leave the little matter of Daredevils own augmented abilities out of it?!
Regardless, We know he'd still be a fine fighter without the Serum as at least one writer made it a specific point to show us!

Yes but how many did Daredevil truly look superior in, despite trying real hard? Almost none.

All fights between heroes in the sixties were stalemates, that was the rule of publishing law, no matter how lopsided the characters really were. But in Daredevil #43(Aug 1968) it was very apparent who was looking superior, and it wasn't Daredevil.

Daredevil as I stressed is capable of amazing things as his style of fighting is governed by his unique condition, he can beat opponents way out of his league because of it but when the opponent is as capable a fighter as Captain America, Wolverine or even Elektra he loses that edge.

And was again struggling to read his opponents moves and match his speed as i recall. So far in this post you have admitted Daredvil has not looked convincing when put directly against Captain America, what would be interesting though is if you could come up with a convincing argument as to why he should!
Its just semantics - Yes Captain America is reinforced by a serum that keeps him in absolute peak condition, but so on the other hand is Daredevil kept sharp by both his Radar and superhuman senses. His entire technique as a fighter is tied into those near supernatural senses, what they tell him is happening. So whether he would be as good a fighter without the senses is highly questionable, like Captain America he would lose something in his overall performance level.

So, where did Cap beat Daredevil in a fair fight with no mind controlling or anything like this?

I'd say Daredevil #43 for one, #233 for another showed the gap, and you yourself have showed up the other inadequacies between the two.
The positions they inhabit in the MU and the standard foes & situations they face tend to be of a different level. Captain America is both the national Supersoldier, Icon and greatest hero as he has earned that respect, he is the elite.
Daredevil by contrast is a streetlevel vigilante who is at home in the dark and has some noteworthy skill in the martial arts department.
Despite these facts, I'm truly a great fan of both Daredevil and Captain America, and always will be, it doesn't matter Cap is better and more experienced fighter than DD.

Cheers and Merry Christmas.

Please, ignore the following post:
"However I must say that we also know Daredevil is hardly the greatest fighter in the MU, if he was he could outfight anybody, but that is not what the evidence shows. They used to call Captain America 'The Worlds Greatest Fighting Machine', not surprising given he is after all a Super-Soldier!

Cheers and Merry Christmas."
PLEASE, IGNORE THIS POST."

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 01:30 AM
Mister Supreme

{edited}

Last edited by Digi on Dec 25th, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 01:36 AM
iceman24567

Stop spamming up the damn thread

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 03:46 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mister Supreme

Originally posted by iceman24567
Stop spamming up the damn thread

Of course. I only wanted to delete the last post (but only moderators can do that), this is why I wrote which post should be ignored. My sincere apologies and Merry Christmas.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 04:16 PM
SasuOna

Daredevil can hear everything that happens in New York
http://i.imgur.com/VJ3th.jpg

Daredevil hooks and swings a 500lb oil drum with his baton.
http://i.imgur.com/JIKVu.jpg

Daredevil punches through the top of a car
http://i.imgur.com/YSGOJ.jpg

Daredevil moves faster then a helicopter and an explosion
http://i.imgur.com/H8DOT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0mCJF.jpg

Last edited by SasuOna on Mar 2nd, 2011 at 05:16 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2011 05:13 PM
SasuOna is currently offline Click here to Send SasuOna a Private Message Find more posts by SasuOna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

DD's shadowland feat are really his? He has the beast in him.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2011 04:54 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 06:17 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 06:18 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Foggy trying to press 135lbs and before getting more than 1/2 way up, Matt grabs the bar with 1 hand and puts it on the rack.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 05:13 PM
dyajeep

* I've been reading the "Origins of the Marvel Universe" graphic novel… and this is what Steve Rogers had to say to:

Daredevil

Often reffered to as the "Man Without Fear", Daredevil has become the self-proclamied guardian of Hell's Kitchen, a New York City neighborhood prominent with the city's underworld, especially the mafia crime circles. He can get overprotective of the area at times and can become easily offended if another crimefighter shows up there, as he likes to maintain order himself. His fighting style tends to show that he might have been trained by a ninja himself, but has definitely become a ronin in his own right. Recently, Daredevil's motives have become questionable in gaining order in Hell's Kitchen, including assuming the leadership of the ninja assassin group known as the Hand. The Hand is a group that can corrupt nearly anyone, and his association with them might cause problems for New York. While I trust Daredevil's judgment for the most part, his recent embargo of superhumans in Hell's Kitchen bears monitoring.

Pros: Inspires fear with the criminal elements of New York, dedicated, loyal to friends.

Cons: Association with the Hand, territorial at times.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 07:53 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* i've been currently playing Marvel: Avengers Alliance on Facebook... here's Daredevil's bio:

Blinded by radioactive material when he was young, Matt Murdock nevertheless went on to become a skillful lawyer. As Daredevil, he puts his superhumanly enhanced senses and incredible martial-arts skills to service protecting the people of Hell's Kitchen and New York City.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 12:33 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote