KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spidey Questions

Spidey Questions
Started by: KnivesOut

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Oh, God. Here we go....

Old Post Sep 8th, 2006 06:05 PM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

yo dudes a ques ............. there were more than 1 radioactive spider in the movie but were they destroyed somehow?are they still in that lab , because i would nt want anyone else to have spidermans powers

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 03:26 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

No one knows what the super-spiders did to Pete, though.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 03:42 PM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ghetto Goblin
Elder Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ankur29
yo dudes a ques ............. there were more than 1 radioactive spider in the movie but were they destroyed somehow?are they still in that lab , because i would nt want anyone else to have spidermans powers

that's what i was always thinking, i mean, anyone could get bit by them or take the growth syrum (whatever it was) and become a super hero/villain. we could have a whole city of super people. sad thing is, there would be at least one person with no powers crying and most people would use their powers to steal a plasma tv and then epic battles would occur because two people both want the same tv, even if there are others, just because they can fight....

i just carried on about nothing, oh well, point taken?

...Tomorrow could be the best day of your life...

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 08:36 PM
Ghetto Goblin is currently offline Click here to Send Ghetto Goblin a Private Message Find more posts by Ghetto Goblin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

laughing out loud I'd do that with a few game consoles and ipods even though I already have both. Meant as a general term

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 01:46 AM
Spideys Sister is currently offline Click here to Send Spideys Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Spideys Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Originally posted by Ghetto Goblin
that's what i was always thinking, i mean, anyone could get bit by them or take the growth syrum (whatever it was) and become a super hero/villain. we could have a whole city of super people. sad thing is, there would be at least one person with no powers crying and most people would use their powers to steal a plasma tv and then epic battles would occur because two people both want the same tv, even if there are others, just because they can fight....

i just carried on about nothing, oh well, point taken?

i wish they kill all the spiders somehow , there sould only be 1 man with spiderman's power and thats peter , he shoudl burn the lab where he got his powers from , and haryy shoudl destroy the other serums

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 08:07 AM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ghetto Goblin
Elder Member

agreed

this may have been answered in the movie, but i forget, so talk about it...

Why did his webbing keep stopping while he was in mid air? (movie 2)

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 07:14 PM
Ghetto Goblin is currently offline Click here to Send Ghetto Goblin a Private Message Find more posts by Ghetto Goblin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

agreed

It was psychological. He didn't truly want to be Spider-Man, so his mind was sub-consciously turning off his powers.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 07:55 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ghetto Goblin
Elder Member

OK, that has alot to do with the fact that i didn't like that movie until months later. it was to "childhood problems" wrought.

It was too dramatic and he had to many mental things happening, always depressed and trying to figure crap out.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 08:00 PM
doctorstrongbad

The movies are good, but you have to separate from the comics.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 10:36 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ghetto Goblin
Elder Member

Ya, you can tell they're pretty different in where they're going.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 11:28 PM
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

agreed

Yeah, basicly what Hotsauce said.... He was so upset that him and MJ couldn't be together cause he was Spidey and that she was getting married to some one else... at first he didn't want it to happen then he changed his mind, hence his costume ending up in the trash.... then after realizing the city (and MJ) needed him everything changed.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2006 04:28 AM
Arahan
Silver Guy

Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Yeah, basicly what Hotsauce said.... He was so upset that him and MJ couldn't be together cause he was Spidey and that she was getting married to some one else... at first he didn't want it to happen then he changed his mind, hence his costume ending up in the trash.... then after realizing the city (and MJ) needed him everything changed.

He had never such problems in the comics otherwise
he would lose his powers every week big grin

PS: thanks SS for your pm love

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 02:51 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

Hey, did any of you check out Spiderman's stats at the marveldatabase? Well check this out. You might have yourself a good guffaw big grin.

PostScript. Pay close attention to his speed.

http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/...arker%29#Powers

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 12:09 AM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Originally posted by Arahan
He had never such problems in the comics otherwise
he would lose his powers every week big grin

PS: thanks SS for your pm love

Yes he did. Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1, Pete is still grieving over Uncle Ben's death and his powers go into submission. Not exactly the same thing since it didn't involve MJ, and he had to fight the Sinister Six, but it was virtually the same everywhere else.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 12:57 PM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

In the Sinister 6 arc he lost his powers because he was mutating not because of emotional stress brought on by his dual identity.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 11:40 AM
Sparkz

Originally posted by Spideys Sister
In the Sinister 6 arc he lost his powers because he was mutating not because of emotional stress brought on by his dual identity.

Your thinking of the 90's cartoon in the comics it was due to stress and greiving.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 12:38 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Originally posted by Sparkz
Your thinking of the 90's cartoon in the comics it was due to stress and greiving.

Yup. I know it's minor, but it's a pet peeve of mine when people put the cartoon canon in the comic's canon. No offense or anything, but it bothers me.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 06:06 PM
Sparkz

Originally posted by Dan-El
Yup. I know it's minor, but it's a pet peeve of mine when people put the cartoon canon in the comic's canon. No offense or anything, but it bothers me.

Lol thats the same with me, its even worse when i start to think the cartoons version was better, not in this case but in a few.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 06:42 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spideys Sister
Official Spidey Fangirl

Originally posted by Sparkz
I thought both sinister 6 runs had that basic line. I know the New Marvel Adventures Spidey didn't exactly have that problem. (Acctually there was no explination for why he lost his powers but still...) But Dan is right is has to be completely severe stress to make his body do that to him.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2006 12:14 PM