KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Sliverspider/Dizzle's Team Tournament: Round 1, Fight 1- long pig vs. Blair Wind

Sliverspider/Dizzle's Team Tournament: Round 1, Fight 1- long pig vs. Blair Wind
Started by: Dizzle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

two Powerhouses? bah you said the world energy, as stated Powerhouse can absorb energy plus his own bio stats he can be ok in radiation, and to what Khan said, neither would HIS team....

also Duplicate Boy was shown to take ANY power he wanted if I had scans I would get them, but I will try in the time being get the scans when he fought Collossal Boy using Mon Els powers and Element Lads powers. Also Powerhouse would still have a gravity field taking place, so even if he tried this move you characters would still be slowed down considerably.

DB has anyones powers period, if he wanted he could take RM's powers and use them agains the team, but that would just negate him, allowing the rest of the teams to fight.

Another factor would be the fact that Duplicate Boy has already taken the powers of almost all legion memebers and used them effectivly, he can learn how to use a power easier than most, but not instantly. Gravity Fields give me time to move my Wendigos around your characters, making Speedfreak slower and Radiation man would be harming everyone in the feild if my Wendigos and your Animal Men are fighting with Speed Freak in the middle too.

Crytal can still create an earthquake, or tornado mixed with the lightposts and water, create water to make a typhoon, or create a duststorm, making visibility worse in your direction

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 01:50 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig

I KNOW he doesn't know what the Red is, but now, due to his comments, I'm wondering if he knows what Gravity is.

gravity is the attraction we have to the earth, making objects fall at a speed of 9.8, yes? Im just strengthing that attraction from you and earth....makes things really heavy.

this is what the red is:

A morphogenetic field (a subset of morphic field) is a hypothetical biological (and potentially social) field that contains the information necessary to shape the exact form of a living thing, as part of its epigenetics, and may also shape its behaviour and coordination with other beings.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 01:56 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

I believe Iron Man 2020 has a force field. It would be possible for LP's team to take refuge inside of it while Radioactive Man floods the field with radiation. And in comics I think that radiation is slightly different than the generic "energy" attack. Chatacters react differently to them.

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 01:58 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

still states in the bio that he can take radiation....and even if he has a forcfield why couldnt I attack inside of it with tornados and fire storms? in fact a firestorm would deplete all the oxygen in that forcefield.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 02:00 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Potentially, Animal Man disposes of the universe's primal forces. On rare occasions, he has been able to tap into the raw power of the Red, draw pure energy from it and emit it as blasts of force. His abilities once even allowed him to create an entire universe, in cooperation with fellow animal masters Vixen and Tristess. If he were to use the full extent of his powers, Animal Man could very well be one of the mightiest beings on Earth.

That is what the red can do if used and it should not be used roll eyes (sarcastic) I dont know what it is pfffttt, also a drawback of Animal Man's powers is that he is not always able to control the inputs from the Red. Sometimes, he has absorbed unwanted animal behaviour, such as instinctive rage or rut. The longer he stays in contact with the Red, the less man and more animal he seems to become. He has frequently felt alienated to the human race, something which once made him declare war against our destructive civilization.

with all those powers you might not be able to stay in control.

Last edited by Blair Wind on Jan 16th, 2006 at 02:15 AM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 02:09 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Potentially, Animal Man disposes of the universe's primal forces. On rare occasions, he has been able to tap into the raw power of the Red, draw pure energy from it and emit it as blasts of force. His abilities once even allowed him to create an entire universe, in cooperation with fellow animal masters Vixen and Tristess. If he were to use the full extent of his powers, Animal Man could very well be one of the mightiest beings on Earth.

That is what the red can do if used and it should not be used roll eyes (sarcastic) I dont know what it is pfffttt, also a drawback of Animal Man's powers is that he is not always able to control the inputs from the Red. Sometimes, he has absorbed unwanted animal behaviour, such as instinctive rage or rut. The longer he stays in contact with the Red, the less man and more animal he seems to become. He has frequently felt alienated to the human race, something which once made him declare war against our destructive civilization.

LP, I think TOAA will be paying your team a visit...

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 02:25 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

I told you Animal Man was too much....

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 02:34 AM
Evolve
KMC Herald

I wasnt aware AM could stack powers.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 03:08 AM
Evolve is currently offline Click here to Send Evolve a Private Message Find more posts by Evolve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Neither was I, considering I was under the impression that he could not "power stack" but whatever.

My Duplicate Boy and Powerhouse working together should still be able to hold back at least speedfreak and Ironman while Crytal and Wendigo take them out, DB can go in fast at Mach 1-2 with a high gravity punch absorb the radiation and release it as an energy bomb, RM's forcfields can be brought down. While this is going one they have to be dodging Animal Men (and weighing them down slightly), until Crystal can come and help with creating several firestorms (all animals are afraid of fire) and Powerhouse and DB can fly faster then them, and hit them with high speed gravity punches.

Unless he of course remakes the universe without my team in it roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 03:54 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have every single issue of Animal Man. Don't quote friggin' bios you lifted from the net at me.

He didn't have control at first because his powers are a skill that takes years to learn to harness.

And no, Animal Man isn't too powerful. He has never once showed above 100ton strength, above mach10 speed, above Thing durability and not even ONCE showed any energy output that rivals Ironman. That ONE time he shot blasts from his hands that were from the Red weren't anything compared to IronMan.

Your lack of knowledge of the comic is starting to annoy me.

He's powerful because of his duplication powers which he's used a good many times, but that's legal eh Blair? big grin

Animal Man didn't save the universe, the aliens used his connection to the Red to do it through him since he was the best way to connect.

And no, there will be no blowing up oxygen within Ironman's air tight, force field covered suit...WITH a power negation field around it. C'mon.

You're outnumbered, outpowered, outskilled and outsmarted.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 06:32 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Neither was I, considering I was under the impression that he could not "power stack" but whatever.

My Duplicate Boy and Powerhouse working together should still be able to hold back at least speedfreak and Ironman while Crytal and Wendigo take them out, DB can go in fast at Mach 1-2 with a high gravity punch absorb the radiation and release it as an energy bomb, RM's forcfields can be brought down. While this is going one they have to be dodging Animal Men (and weighing them down slightly), until Crystal can come and help with creating several firestorms (all animals are afraid of fire) and Powerhouse and DB can fly faster then them, and hit them with high speed gravity punches.

Unless he of course remakes the universe without my team in it roll eyes (sarcastic)

So, you honestly think your characters can super gravity punch 1001 superpowered, superfast, super strong, sonic boom having Animal Men one at a time while dodging a flying adamantium speedser and a Ironman equal and make it out alive? You admit the Wendigos will run, so it's 1001 vs 3.............What the f**k?

The first 20 seconds are taking the flyers out, the last 10 seconds are blowing the wendigos to hell and back.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Jan 16th, 2006 at 06:40 AM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 06:36 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

power negation field
Umm... isn't that against some sort of restriction?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 06:43 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by xmarksthespot

No, it stops incoming energy from effecting him(lazers are dissapated, stuff like that), it's a more effective and less powerhungry form of a force field.
It doesn't Aquarianize 'em, just nuetralizes incoming energy attacks against himself.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 06:47 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Yes, it is. LP was the one that argued for the ban as well...

Aquarian reaches out from the grave to smite thee!

Energy negating forcefields get the gasface. thumb down

I hope TOAA is paying attention.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 06:52 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ill fears the longpig. evil face

Oh, if you weren't so busy watching BET, you'd have read the post above yours and realized exactly how painfully wrong you are.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Jan 16th, 2006 at 06:58 AM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 06:55 AM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

No, it stops incoming energy from effecting him(lazers are dissapated, stuff like that), it's a more effective and less powerhungry form of a force field.
It doesn't Aquarianize 'em, just nuetralizes incoming energy attacks against himself.
Seems a bit Deus ex Machina..

He's punched.... the field negates this?
Sonic scream used against him... the field negates this?
Light-based attack... the field negates this?
Magnetic attack... the field negates this?
Electrical attack... the field negates this?

Are there limitations to the type and amount of energy it can take?

Does Scoobless' regular Iron Man have this ability too?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 07:42 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seems a bit Deus ex Machina..

He's punched.... the field negates this?
Sonic scream used against him... the field negates this?
Light-based attack... the field negates this?
Magnetic attack... the field negates this?
Electrical attack... the field negates this?

Are there limitations to the type and amount of energy it can take?

Does Scoobless' regular Iron Man have this ability too?

Just energy attacks have been negated by it from his appearances. His normal force field deflects the other stuff.

He can only hold it up as long as he has energy to use, like a battery. But, he can use energy from attacks like electricity to supercharge his suit.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 07:47 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

(sigh, again)

None of you may have known Animal Man could use more than one power at a time... But I did... And I OKed him, knowing that. I don't see ANY powers he's using that wouldn't illegalize a couple other characters who are overall less powerful than he is. His individual bodies are within the strength cap, speed cap, durability cap, and don't posess anything that has been banned.

"Power stacking" as it was discussed in the draft threads, meant taking one power and using it to supplement another power. Like taking the weight of an elephant, and using the 500x body weight lifting of a rhino beetle at the same time, effectively making his strength into the thousands of tons. Animal Man has never done that, and cannot here, and so is within the caps. And freaking hell, he never remade the universe. How many Earth based animals have EVER done that?

Iron Man's field is "power negating" meaning that it stops energy attacks, not that it disables super powers. Both teams are entirely within the rules, unless someone brings in comic evidence to disqualify a character. And unless LP is lying about having all of Animal Man's appearances, it probably isn't happening.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 07:52 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dizzle
(sigh, again)

None of you may have known Animal Man could use more than one power at a time... But I did... And I OKed him, knowing that. I don't see ANY powers he's using that wouldn't illegalize a couple other characters who are overall less powerful than he is. His individual bodies are within the strength cap, speed cap, durability cap, and don't posess anything that has been banned.

"Power stacking" as it was discussed in the draft threads, meant taking one power and using it to supplement another power. Like taking the weight of an elephant, and using the 500x body weight lifting of a rhino beetle at the same time, effectively making his strength into the thousands of tons. Animal Man has never done that, and cannot here, and so is within the caps. And freaking hell, he never remade the universe. How many Earth based animals have EVER done that?

Iron Man's field is "power negating" meaning that it stops energy attacks, not that it disables super powers. Both teams are entirely within the rules, unless someone brings in comic evidence to disqualify a character. And unless LP is lying about having all of Animal Man's appearances, it probably isn't happening.

I'm lying!evil face

Nah, ask leo, he's seen my animal man collection on dc++. I got 'em all.

Some of the missinformation is partly my fault, I was under the impression he COULD duplicate mass and stack his powers thusly making him the strongest character on earth, but I hadn't fully read his comics then.

He is powerful, but not what I thought 8 months ago.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on Jan 16th, 2006 at 08:01 AM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 07:58 AM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by Dizzle
Iron Man's field is "power negating" meaning that it stops energy attacks, not that it disables super powers.
If that - the field is limited to dissipating (classical) energy attacks (e.g. lasers) - being the case, I don't see how it would prevent Crystal from causing combustion of oxygen molecules within the suit - it not being an energy attack. confused

Old Post Jan 16th, 2006 08:08 AM