KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Everworld

Everworld
Started by: Pope Mobile GXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SkinWalker

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 03:17 AM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Some_Black_Guy

Re: Everworld

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pope Mobile GXX
I've read the whole everworld series and I have to say it is awsome. The book came from K.A. Applegate the creator of animorfs(personally I don't like those books at all), the story is about a group of teenagers who somehow get sent to a world where all of the gods of myth have went in refuge. This world was crerated by the gods to their liking so that they didn't have to deal with the rules of the real world. their are all types of gods i control of different teritories(greek aztek[very bloody god], egyption, norse, and so on). What the group have to figure out is how to make it back home without dying while dealing with the truoble of a alchohol adicting guy and a guy who has fallen for a spell by a witch that came with them from the real world. It may sound a little bit stupid but it is one of the best series I've ever read(the series is mad up of an amazing 14 books). The books are small but I think you would all enjoy it

It is rated TEEN for some sexuel related themes, alchohol, and blood/gore (makes it even mre interesting)

You should read it, any local library should have it

I've read the series and I love it. It's like April explained, Everworld is like a quilt and each God has sewn their own ideas into Everworld. Kind of like how immigrants do when they come to the U.S. There's Little Haiti, Little Italy, Little China, etc. The books have a great deal of cultural and mythological information and K.A. Applegate puts a really great twist to the plots which I won't spoil for those of you who haven't read the series. Just read the books!

Until the stars are all alight
Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall... fade.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 10:04 AM
Some_Black_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Some_Black_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Some_Black_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

ive read it and for a while i devoutly searched for all the books and made sure they were in order, i also bought a set that came with a cd that had music on it and i liked the music embarrasment .

but then i got to the last book, and i could not find it ANYWHERE! to this day i am still searching....

does this work?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 01:59 AM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

Ive Stopped readinga t 7 ive got kinda bored and need something else but ill eventually start again

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 03:04 AM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diascap

i just re-read the Everworld series from start to finish. I was again amazed by applegates ability to start from scratch a world that hasn't been written about before and her development of rather blase characters into heart wrenching interpretations of the human condition. anyone who is looking for a short but action packed series will be more than pleased with it. And maybe I'm just weird but i was not confused at all by the dream reality/vs awake reality thing. Anyways, keeping this one for when i have kids someday.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 12:05 AM
diascap is currently offline Click here to Send diascap a Private Message Find more posts by diascap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote