KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter and the War among Wizards

How do you like it?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Great 1 25.00%
Good 2 50.00%
Bad 0 0%
Umbridge 1 25.00%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harry Potter and the War among Wizards
Started by: HpNpNy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HpNpNy

Harry Potter and the War among Wizards

So my friend was writing his own version of the seventh book (you can check it out it is Harry Potter and the Final Duel by Garbo) and he kind of got me wanting to write my own. So here it goes and disregard any grammatical, spelling, or other errors relating in to the book. Positive feedback is always nice too. o yea it is called Harry Potter and the War among Wizards.

Chapter 1- The coming of age
Harry Potter, a tall skinny boy with messy black hair, green eyes, and a scar the shape of a lightning bolt across his forehead, awoke with a start the morning of July 31. He had been dreaming for what seemed like the thousandth time about the night he lost his favorite professor and the world’s greatest wizard Albus Dumbledore.

However, as Harry put on his glasses he realized he should be the happiest wizard in the world. Not because of the large pile of gifts (that must have arrived during the night) lying on the end of his bed, but he was now seventeen years old. Unlike muggles who become of age at eighteen, wizards become an adult at seventeen. Harry would now be able to do magic freely without any offense. Best of all this would be Harry’s last morning in his aunt and uncle’s house.

The Dursley’s were the family who raised Harry after his parents were killed sixteen years ago by the darkest of wizards, Lord Voldemort. His Aunt Petunia had a neck like a giraffe and always seemed to be spying on the neighbors. On the other hand Harry’s Uncle Vernon and cousin Dudley were two of the biggest non-giants Harry had ever met. They each took up an entire side of the kitchen table each.

Harry got dressed and jumped the entire flight of stairs to prepare for his last meal with the Dursley’s. “Good Morning, Dursley’s” Harry said in a cheerful voice as he entered the kitchen.

“Why are you so happy, boy?” sneered Uncle Vernon

“Well I am pleased to inform you that today will be my last day in this retched house of yours. It is in fact my birthday today, which you have seemed to miss for the seventeenth time, and I am of age now. Meaning I no longer need to live with you” said Harry.

The Dursley’s were not a particular intelligent group and it took them a few minutes to comprehend what Harry had said. In this time Harry quickly took the muffin sitting on Dudley’s plate and headed back up stairs to collect his things. He stuffed his books, robes, parchment, quills, ink, and his new gifts, which included Bertie Bott’s Every Flavored Beans from his best friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger and rock cakes from Hagrid, into his trunk. Harry magically lifted his trunk, grabbed his broom and his owl Hedwig, and ended down stairs.

Since Harry did not have an apparating license and did not own any floo powder, he would have to fly to the Burrow. Harry headed out the front door, slamming it behind him. Has he prepared to mount his broom he saw that his aunt, uncle, and cousin were all dancing, more of a wobble for Uncle Vernon and Dudley, at the fact that he was leaving them. It has at that moment that Harry remembered all the times Aunt Petunia made him do chores, all the times that Uncle Vernon locked him under the stairs, all the times Dudley and his gang used his at as a punching bag, and he realized that he was not going to miss it one bit. Harry kicked off the ground and sent sparks out the end of his wand, burning a spot in the grass. As he flew away, Harry wished he could see Uncle Vernon’s face when he found a brown spot in his perfect lawn.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 12:54 AM
HpNpNy is currently offline Click here to Send HpNpNy a Private Message Find more posts by HpNpNy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HpNpNy

Chapter 2 Family Reunited
Harry enjoyed his flight to the Burrow immensely. The warm July air and the freedom of flying made his journey very relaxing. As he flew over the England country side the Burrow finally came into sight. The Burrow was his best friend Ron Weasley’s house, which seemed more like several houses stacked on top of each other than just one.

As Harry landed, he could already smell whatever Mrs. Weasley was making. Mrs. Weasley was Harry’s favorite cook in the world and could not wait to see what she had prepared for lunch.

“Hi everybody” Harry said as he entered the kitchen. Sitting at the long table was Ron, Hermione, Ron’s brothers Fred, George, and Charlie, Ron’s sister Ginny, Remus Lupin, and Ron’s brother Bill’s soon to be wife Fleur Delacour.

“Harry, we weren’t expecting you until tonight,” said Mrs. Weasley as she ran over to huge him.

“Mum, thought you might want spend some time with Dursley’s before you left,” laughed Ron.

“Yeah right. Where are Mr. Weasley and Bill?” asked Harry

“Arthur has been working around the clock ever since… you know when and Bill has been spending a few days at St. Mungo’s,” said Mrs. Weasley.

“Why, is he alright?” asked Harry.

“He is fine, but last night was a full moon, and they are still not sure how is going to be effected by that bite,” said Mrs. Weasley.

“Oh, Molly that reminds me. The ministry found Mr. Ollivander in a small shack up in the Nordic. They are keeping him at St. Mungo’s, the poor fellow, can still remember everyone he sold too, but can’t remember anything from the last year. They must of had him under the imperious curse or something,” explained Lupin.

“He still remembers everyone he sold too?” asked Hermione.

“Yup,” said Lupin.

With that, a huge smile grew on Hermione’s face. Harry had only seen this smile a few times before and only when Hermione was about to discover something big.
“Maybe we can visit him tomorrow when we go to see Bill,” said Charlie.

“I doubt it,” said Mrs. Weasley has she placed a large tray of sandwiches in front of them. Immediately the ten of them dug in and began to stuff there faces. Harry was back where he belonged and with the people he loved. His true family.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 12:57 AM
HpNpNy is currently offline Click here to Send HpNpNy a Private Message Find more posts by HpNpNy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HpNpNy

Chapter 3 Werewolves and Wandmakers
The next morning Harry awoke from his first dreamless sleep since he had left Hogwarts. He turned over and saw that Ron was still fast asleep with a puddle of drool on his pillow. For the next few minutes Harry just laid there thinking about the long journey he had in front of him until he heard someone coming up the steps.

“Harry, Ron time to get up we are going to see Bill,” Ginny said as she and Hermione entered there room. Ron awoke with a start and quickly pulled his covers over him since he was not wearing any pants.

“Don’t you girls ever knock,” yelled Ron, now bright red.

“You better hurry up, mum is making already making breakfast” said Ginny. With that, Ginny and Hermione left the room. Ron and Harry quickly got dressed and headed down to breakfast.

To Harry’s surprise there was several more people than last night. “Alastor, Tonks, and Kingsley will be joining us today,” said Mrs. Weasley “Unfortunately Arthur has to work again today.”

“Watcher, Harry,” said Tonks while holding Lupin’s hand.

“Seems like things are working out between you two,” said Harry.

“I tried to talk her out of it but she kept get more and more depressed each time I did, so finally I gave in,” said Lupin.

“Hello there Kingsley, where have you been?” asked Harry.

“I was assigned to the muggle Prime Minister, but I finally couldn’t take it anymore and they got someone else on him. Harry I don’t know how you didn’t it for so long, the muggle world is so boring,” said Kingsley.

“Well that’s enough chit-chat, we need to be on our way in ten minutes so eat up,” said Mrs. Weasley. So the now group of twelve each grabbed some toast and sausage and eat as much as they could before they had to leave.

Before Harry knew it he was experiencing the now familiar feeling of traveling by floo powder. Even though the floo network was being watched very closely these days and by who nobody knows, Mrs. Weasley and the Aurors decided that would be the quickest and easiest way to travel. Soon they were all in the crowded lobby of the wizarding hospital, St. Mungos. Lupin thought it would be best if they did not draw too much attention to themselves so they decided to travel in two groups. The Weasley’s and Kingsley in one and Harry, Hermione, Lupin, Tonks, and Fleur in the other.

As they headed to see Bill, Harry noticed that Fleur had been a lot quieter than usual since he had arrived. “Are you alright,” he asked her.

“O yes ‘Arry I am fine, but I am worried for Bill,” she said. “He is not been the same since eet ‘appened.”

“Do you still plan on marring him,” asked Harry.

“I will not leave ‘im,” said Fleur.

The group had now arrived at Bill’s room, but they decided to remain outside to allow the Weasley’s some time alone with him. As they waited outside Harry, Hermione, and Fleur talked about there summer’s and the plans for the wedding until Ron came out and told them they could come in.

Entering the room Harry did not know what to expect. When he first saw Bill he wasn’t even sure it was him. Harry was used to Bill long hair but never this much hair. Bill now had a full grown beard and very hairy arms. Also he looked a lot skinnier since Harry had last saw him.

“Don’t worry Harry,” said Bill “I am not a werewolf. Greyback’s bite gave me some characteristics of a werewolf, but I still have complete control over my and body and never fully go through the transformation.”

After talking with Bill Harry soon adjusted and saw that it was still the same old Bill, just a little different. Then Hermione asked him if he would like to go get some tea and allow the Weasley’s and Fleur some more time to be with Bill alone. Harry accepted and they started to head back to the elevator.

“Where are you two going,” asked Lupin

“Just to get some tea, would anyone like some?” answered Hermione.

“Not alone, you are not. I am coming with you,” said Lupin.

So together the three of them entered the elevator and to Harry’s surprise Hermione pushed level four instead of level five. “Hermione, the tearoom is on the fifth floor, it even says on the sign.” The sign indeed said Fifth Floor- Visitors’ Tearoom and Hospital Shop.

“I thought you were coming out here for more than just tea,” said Lupin.
“Well, I thought that we might go and see Ollivander. I asked one of the healers earlier and she said he was on the fourth floor and we could see him,” said Hermione.

“But why would we want to see him? You heard Lupin he doesn’t remember anything from the last year,” said Harry.

“Yes, but Lupin also said he remembers everyone he ever sold to. Harry don’t you see Ollivander might know who RAB is,” protested Hermione.

Harry froze. He had completely forgotten about the note he found inside the fake locket initialed RAB. It pained him to think of the night he and Dumbledore found it, but he knew it was time to move on and begin his quest to find the remaining Horcruxes.

“Harry, I know that you made a promise to Dumbledore before he died, but I think it would be wise of you to tell me what happened that night. I can help you,” said Lupin.

“Harry, Lupin is right. Maybe he will be able to help us,” said Hermione.

Harry thought for a moment and came to a decision. “All right, but just Lupin.”

At that moment the elevator doors opened, which for some odd reason took a very long time to go three floors, almost as it knew they were discussing something important. Harry, Hermione, and Lupin exited the elevator and found a corner where they knew nobody could here them. Harry proceeded upon telling Lupin everything about Voldemort’s Horcruxes and the night they went to find the locket. The images of the cave, the potion, Dumbledore suffering, and the bodies in the water were still fresh in Harry’s mind. Much to Harry’s liking Lupin was a easy person to talk to. He would not interrupt Harry like so many did when he tried to tell them something. When Harry finished Lupin sat there in silence for several moments digesting what Harry had told him.

“It does make perfect sense that You-know-who would do this. Harry I know this is a huge task put upon you and I want you to know you don’t have to do it alone. The entire Order including myself are in your service and will do anything you task of us,” said Lupin.

“Don’t worry I am not alone. I have Ron and Hermione,” smiled Harry. “Now lets go find Ollivander.”

So, the three of them wandered the halls for several minutes until they came upon a room labeled Lockhart and Ollivander. “Great he is roommates with Professor Lockhart,” said Harry.

As they entered the room, they were greeted with the same smile that haunted Hogwarts in Harry’s second year. “Hello there let me guess you have come for my autograph, “said Lockhart.

“No Professor we are here to see Mr. Ollivander,” said Hermione.

“Why would you want to see that old fart when you could visit with me?” asked Lockhart.

“I will deal with Lockhart you go talk to Ollivander,” whispered Lupin to Harry and Hermione.

“Mr. Lockhart would you like to join me in a walk around the floor. We could talk all about your travels and success,” asked Lupin.

“I would love to,” answered Lockhart and with that, Lupin and Lockhart exited the room.

“Did I here someone wanted to see me?” asked Ollivander.

“Yes Sir we were wondering if we could ask you a few questions,” said Hermione.

“Harry Potter! What a pleasant surprise. How’s the wand doing,” asked Ollivander.

“Great Sir. We wanted to know if you could identify a person for us,” said Harry.

“Sure I could. I remember everyone I sold to,” said Ollivander.

“Did you ever sell a wand to someone with the initials RAB?” asked Hermione.

Ollivander thought for a few seconds and responded “Several in fact. There was Rachael Butler, Regulus Black, Ryan Bl…”

“Did you say Regulus Black?” interrupted Harry.

“Yes, he didn’t turn out so well. Killed I long time ago when He-who-must-not-be named was first in power,” said Ollivander.

“Harry, that has to be it. Remember the locket we found when we were cleaning Sirius’ house!” shouted Hermione.

“O yea! Lets go tell Lupin. Thanks Mr. Ollivander,” said Harry. Harry and Hermione then ran into the hall and found Lockhart lecturing Lupin on how to deal with werewolves. Lupin seemed to be very amused.

“Lupin we got it. We know were the locket is,” said Harry.

“Great, now lets get Lockhart back to his room, so we can get back to the Burrow to think of a plan,” said Lupin.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 12:57 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Seems a bit fast-paced for the seventh book, but it's a lot better than some on here.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 01:02 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HpNpNy

this was supposed to be the end of chapter three but I forgot to write it so here it is.

On their way back to Bill’s room. Harry, Hermione, and Lupin ran into a familiar face sitting in the lounge chairs around the receptionist’s desk “Hey there Neville, how’s your summer going?” said Hermione just as a second classmate of theirs placed down a copy of The Quibbler. “Oh, Luna you are here too.”

“Yeah, Luna and I are spending the summer together and we were just up visiting my parents. Gran thinks it is nice I have someone to spend time with out of school and she really likes Luna’s stories,” said Neville.

“Are you going on anymore adventures anytime soon Harry,” asked Luna in her usual dreamy voice. Harry then remembered that in his last two years at Hogwarts Luna and Neville had been right by his side when he needed them most. They, just as much as Ron and Hermione, deserved to join him in his quest for the Horcruxes.

“Maybe,” Harry responded. “Do, you still have those coins we gave you? If you do check them every once and awhile. You never know what’s going to happen these days. Well, anyway we better be getting back, so see you later.”

“Alright, bye” they responded, “See you at Hogwarts.”

However, what Neville and Luna did not know was Harry did not plan to return to Hogwarts for his seventh year. He was going to hunt Voldemort and his Horcruxes until his task was complete, whenever that is. As Harry turned to wave good bye one last time he could have sworn that Neville had just pulled a gold coin out of his pocket. The entire elevator ride, which was much faster than before, Harry smiled at the fact that Neville and Luna were still loyal to him, no matter what they had been through.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 10:13 PM
sammii

omg that is so good & i like the fact it gets prety much straight to it most other storys just drown on 4eva

Old Post Jan 24th, 2006 10:30 PM
sammii is currently offline Click here to Send sammii a Private Message Find more posts by sammii Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Pretty fast, yeah. Probably around 4 pages in a real HP book. erm

Still, like Darkc said, better than some of the Crap around here.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 04:11 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HpNpNy

The whole thing coming up with Ginny and Harry here is really pretty corny but I thought I had it in there because I needed to have Ginny in it a bit more.

Chapter 4 Family Matters
For the next week Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Lupin formulated a plan on how they would go about destroying the remaining Horcruxes. They finally decided of forgoing Harry’s original plan of visiting his parent’s grave and instead beginning as fast as they could with the locket at 12 Grimmauld Place. From there they would move onto Hufflepuff’s cup and an object from either Ravenclaw or Gryffindor and finally ending with Nagini and Voldemort himself.

Before any of them knew it Bill and Fleur’s wedding day had arrived. That week witches and wizards from all over England and France had come to the Weasley’s house. Harry met all off Ron’s aunts, uncles, great-aunts, great-uncles, and his many cousins. Harry thought it was hard having just one cousin, but he soon realized he was quite lucky. Harry also had to deal with Fleur’s family. He had gotten used to Fleur being part veela, but sometimes Harry found himself staring at one of Fleur’s family members for several minutes at a time. In addition, half of Fleur’s family could not speak English and they were always fighting with the Weasley’s on all the wedding preparations and food.
Much to Mrs. Weasley’s pleasure and the rest of the families dislike the third eldest Weasley, Percy arrived that morning the morning of the wedding. After Mrs. Weasley stopped crying over the fact Percy had come for his brothers wedding Percy called over to Harry “Hello, Harry long time no see. How have you been?”

“Fine thanks, you,” Harry replied, but he knew already that something was up.

“Well works been murder the last few months. You know, I would love to see you around the Ministry sometime. I could show you what I do. I know some other people would love to see you there too,” Percy said in an unnaturally cheery voice.

Harry knew that the Minister of Magic and Percy’s boss had put Percy up to this. Several times the Minister, Rufus Scrimgeour, had attempted to get Harry to visit the Ministry every once in awhile in order to make it look like the Ministry was doing good things and to get the peoples hopes up. Like the year before Harry refused sharply and went to find Ron.

Harry finally found Ron in Fred and Georges room, where the three of them plus Charlie were preparing for the wedding. “There you are Harry, Bill needs five family members to be in the wedding, so hurry up and put these dress robes on,” said Ron.

“What? I am not family,” said Harry.

“Yes you are and better you than Percy,” answered Ron.

Just then the door opened and a loud shriek came from the girl standing behind it. “Arry! I could not wait to see you,” said the girl who Harry instantly recognized as Fleur’s younger sister Gabrielle. In Harry’s fourth year he saved Gabrielle during the second task of the Triwizard Tournament when Fleur was unable to reach her.

“Arrg,” shouted Ron, as once again he was caught with no pants on. “Don’t girls ever knock?”

“’m sorry” said Gabrielle as she ran over to and unexpectedly kissed Harry on the lips. She seemed to hold him there forever and when she finally released Harry looked up and his heart sunk. Ginny was standing there watching Harry kiss this 11-year-old girl and doing nothing to stop it.

“O, but she is good enough for ‘The Chosen One,’” said Ginny with tears in her eyes. She then turned and ran back down the hall, passing Hermione on her way.

“What happed? Why is Ginny crying,” asked Hermione.

“Harry just kissed Miss Veela over here and right in front of Ginny,” said George before Harry could respond.

“You did what?” shouted Hermione.

“I didn’t kiss her. She kissed me!” yelled Harry.

“Did I do something wrong?” asked Gabrielle in a somewhat concerned tone.

“No, it’s alright. I will try and calm Ginny down,” said Hermione as she turned to leave. “And Ron put your robes on.”

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 10:22 PM