KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Ludo Kressh versus Darth Maul

Ludo Kressh versus Darth Maul
Started by: Dark Aristokrat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Hm. I'd forgotten about the statues. Ludo is pretty uber.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 11:22 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

In fairness, Ludo was....just pissed beyond belief there....I really wish they didn't totally demean poor Ludo with his horrible death...and that chin, dear lord that chin

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 11:27 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

They all had those chins. Pharoah'esque.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 11:37 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Naga had a normal chin, and even by Sith standards, look at that thing Ludo had....I was never too impressed by the ancients personally. KJA's biggest problem is he tries to advance other characters by making others morons

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I can't say I totally share that view, but Sadow DOES have that chin. It's just covered with a beard.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 11:42 PM
Lightsnake

It doesn't stick out like a violin, though...

Seriously, the Sith shouldn't be TRICKED into going to war....Naga only comes across as competent because everyone else is so stupid, Exar is only portrayed as falling because everyone's a moron!...the Dragons, honestly...

Arca: You're a moron, go away
Exar: I'm getting help from Freedon Nadd, dammit!
Arca: You do that.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 11:48 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Well, the comics didn't allow for a whole lot of plot build up either. Your average TOTJ comic is what? 40 pages if that? I'd like to see them put into book form.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 11:56 PM
Lightsnake

I point you to John Ostrander....he has 32 pages to work with and manages to make you feel for a character who existed for maybe five panels....

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 11:59 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Well, some of the old Marvel comics in the early nineties had incredible character development and dynamics, with believeable problems and personas. So yeah, KJA might not have done a lot with what he had, but it's better than nothing. I personally think that timeframe needs to be elaborated upon though.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 12:04 AM
Lightsnake

OF course it does, but give it to sean Stewart, Stover or someone who had do it instead of KJA who somehow thinks 4 star destroyers are enough to threaten the galaxy

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 12:08 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I'm all in favor of Sean Stewart or Barnes. Luceno would be excellent. Stover I don't care for.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 12:19 AM
Lightsnake

Luceno's only good when he's following someone else's work...at least we're getting a Bane novel soon

Nice to talk to you out of a debate btw....I don't take personalities there to how you'd be in an amicable conversation

And I actually really like that sig, very funny, but terrorist Dooku was better

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 12:21 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I thought the sig was appropriate, especially since every time I went into the thread to post a reply, there were three other ones from other people covering everything I had wanted to say. That doesn't often happen, so I'd just add "QED".

And I was loathe to get rid of the Terrorist Dooku sig, but I'll make another one eventually.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 12:23 AM
Lightsnake

Shame, shame...

Basically, on this Bane novel, btw: We learn about bane from his childhood to his Sith Lordship.

Like I said: I really don't dislike you guys at all. You're a very nice, cool gorup so long as we're not in heated debates

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 12:25 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Debates are warzones. It's like the Eastern Front, 1943. There are no sacred targets.

Anyways, I like the idea of a Bane novel, but what I'd really appreciate would be some more cohesion from the EU canon policy. Leland Chee says that scripts and novelisations are a step above EU in canon, but he neglects to mention that they oftentimes contradict the movies themselves (Which are the highest form of canon). In particular, I have the ROTS script and it's vastly different from the movie in a lot of ways.

And then there's the issue of "Does the canon policy neccessarily favor movies over the EU?" And the answer to that is certainly yes. How does that effect us here? It makes this hard to agree upon. EU itself isn't properly policed. GL himself admits he has nothing to do with it (Which makes even his words have little effect on EU as a whole. Unless GL comes out and says that no one can be stronger than Anakin in EU, people are invariably stronger than Anakin. He does not create nor police anything there, hence his words have no meaning when applied to the EU beyond the movies.) But I'm getting off track.

The EU policy needs reworking. Things need to specifically be put into order, and some things need to be laid to rest (Such as, does person A stack up against Person B? There are significant gaps missing not in history, but in characters and their powers.)

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 12:33 AM
Lightsnake

Leland's view there seems to be things that DON'T contradict the movies are in, so character motivations, histories and the like're in.

And that the EU isn't policed wreaks havoc....we see character and power mutilation, everyone's portrayed them different, it's madness.

But on the Bane novel, it should shed light on the Brotherhood of Darkness, which is great

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 12:34 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

And that period of time, which is sounding pretty interesting. They've beat the PT/OT era to death.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 12:36 AM
Lightsnake

Yeah...we may see how Kaan lost his mind, too. Personally I want to see more on Kopecz, he was damned interesting

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 12:37 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Well, I think Luceno will do a good job. Just look at The Cloak Of Deception.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 12:40 AM
Lightsnake

Yeah, but Luceno does seem to be good when picking up for someone...when he tries to interject his own idea, he can succeed or fall flat on his face.

...wow, are we having a real conversation?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 12:41 AM