KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » The Battle Royale Thread

The Battle Royale Thread
Started by: Undertaker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Undertaker
Battle Royale Champion

The Battle Royale Thread

This has to be one the best movies made....EVER, What a cult classic, Being from Australia where pretty much most Cult Classics are made, I was so impressed by Battle Royale.

My Favorite in the movie has to be Mistuko Soma, Good looks and as mad as a Cut Snake.

Any Thoughts?

Die, Ugly.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 09:01 PM
Undertaker is currently offline Click here to Send Undertaker a Private Message Find more posts by Undertaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 12:06 AM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Undertaker
Battle Royale Champion

Thats Not Well.

Die, Ugly.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 04:22 AM
Undertaker is currently offline Click here to Send Undertaker a Private Message Find more posts by Undertaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkman87
Captain of Gondor Boromir

It was great I watched both Battle Royale movies. Better than hollywood? absolutely.

Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives... You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side now here in this country of ours... you, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land. They have become our sons as well

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 09:52 AM
Darkman87 is currently offline Click here to Send Darkman87 a Private Message Find more posts by Darkman87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jeffer_wrote
my preciousssssssss

Re: The Battle Royale Thread

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Undertaker

My Favorite in the movie has to be Mistuko Soma, Good looks and as mad as a Cut Snake.

Any Thoughts?

One of my fave films, too.

Aside from Nanahara Shuya, Mitsuko is also my fave character. The actress that plays her, Shibasaki Kuo is currently my favorite Japanese actress. Villain or lead role, she nails it. She looks so cold and mean at times, but when she smiles, everything just lights up!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 12:23 AM
jeffer_wrote is currently offline Click here to Send jeffer_wrote a Private Message Find more posts by jeffer_wrote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

A real good flick. This is lord of the flies but asian style. Nice flick

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 07:50 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
akema

I agree, really good movies.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 10:15 PM
akema is currently offline Click here to Send akema a Private Message Find more posts by akema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Great film. Loved Chiaki Kuriyama's scenes.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 07:32 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Kazuo Kiriyama pwns all there is to pwn.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 05:31 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jason_Krueger
I play with dead things.

this movie was one of the most twisted, dirty, and amazing movies ever!

lets just hope that talks of an American remake is just rumors because it would destroy the essence of the film and most likely be released as a crappy PG-13 movie

When theres no more room in hell, Jason Voorhees will walk the Earth

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 07:11 PM
Jason_Krueger is currently offline Click here to Send Jason_Krueger a Private Message Find more posts by Jason_Krueger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolf_Pack_Mama

Those are made from the books, right? Or is this something way different?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 02:37 PM
Wolf_Pack_Mama is currently offline Click here to Send Wolf_Pack_Mama a Private Message Find more posts by Wolf_Pack_Mama Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wolf_Pack_Mama
Those are made from the books, right? Or is this something way different?

I think they're made from Manga, or the manga was based off the movie. The manga was a lot worse though, a lot more brutal and so. The teacher was different than Kitano and far worse. He had sex with one of the dead girls' corpse after he had shot half her face off. Pretty brutal.

Personally I love the BR movies, the first one was the best of course. But that's implied smile

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 07:25 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heaven's Sword
"Life is a game"

I don't recall the necrophilia part...he raped Shuya's caretaker...but not a student.

Anyway, the movie was based off of a book, as was the manga.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2007 02:07 AM
Heaven's Sword is currently offline Click here to Send Heaven's Sword a Private Message Find more posts by Heaven's Sword Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SoylentBlue
*narrows eyes*

Hiroki Sugimura wasn't a martial artist, didn't kick Mitsuko and Oda's asses and didn't fight and nearly kill Kazuo Kiriyama. Bollocks.

Ah, well. Still a good movie.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 07:39 AM
SoylentBlue is currently offline Click here to Send SoylentBlue a Private Message Find more posts by SoylentBlue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote