KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Vader (ROTJ) vs Darth Malak.

Darth Vader (ROTJ) vs Darth Malak.
Started by: Hello Friend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fishy

In every fight he is in, he doesn't move fast. We have all seen the way he fights thats how he fights and fighting like that won't make you stand a chance against Malak.

and Dooku was allowed to kill Anakin? In LOE palps ordered Dooku to take care of Obi Wan and then turn him. We see Dooku his fighting style change after Obi Wan is down.

Dooku also has several chances to take down Aankin but instead he talks about the Dark Side and how Anakin should give in to his anger... And for some reason he doesn't use the force to destroy Anakin either..

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 04:38 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lightsnake
When does he ever have a reason to be fast in the movies?

Dooku may've not been fighting to kill, but he was fighting seriously, he realized he'd die if he didn't...and he was fully given license to finish Anakin by Palpatine.

Actually, Vader isn't wicked slow or anything, but he does sacrifice mobility, force potential, and speed for his amazing strength. I'm not saying he's bad, cuz I really don't think that's the case... But I DO think he is a shadow of a Sith Lord, and not a match at all for someone as deadly as Malak.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 04:41 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

I wouldn't call him a shadow per se, poor guy's really been getting some bad publicity these days. Vader is exceptionally strong and resilient and his mobility is nothing to scoff at when he actually uses it. Hell, look at his Dark Woman fight.

Ok, this is STAR WARS, I think it's an unwritten rule the villain has to mock the hero to give into his anger and rage. Sith are always stupid that way. And it's also some kind of real that the force in a saber fight's a no no

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 04:46 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It is sad that the biggest movie villain of all time is being shoved aside for the video-game characters. But it's not without justification.

Going by the previous posts, and common-sense/logic, Vader does not possess the mobility, speed, power of the Force and overall skill to take out Malak, who, HAS mobility, speed, great power of the Force (compared to Vader anyway) and the skill with a lightsaber.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 10:18 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

quote:
Anyways, here are some of Vader's other kills.

1) Roan Shryne, Master - Killed - Lightsaber - EU, Dark Lord: TRODV.

2) Bol Chatak, Master - Killed - Lightsaber - EU, Dark Lord: TRODV.

3) The Dark Woman/An'ya Kuro, Master - Killed - Lightsaber (I believe) - EU, Unknown. (Not sure what happened here though)

4) Shadday Potkin, Master - Killed - Force Choke - EU, Purge.

5) Ma’kis’shaalas, Master - Killed - Lightsaber - EU, Purge.

6) Koffi Arana, Knight - Killed - Lightsaber - EU, Dark Lord: TRODV.

7) Siadem Forte, Knight - Killed - Lightsaber - EU, Dark Lord: TRODV.

8) Iwo Kulka, Knight - Killed - Lightsaber - EU, Dark Lord: TRODV.

9) Jambe Lu, unknown - Amputated leg - Lightsaber - EU, Dark Lord: TRODV.

10) Nam Poorf, unknown - Amputated arm - Lightsaber - EU, Dark Lord: TRODV.

11) Klossi Anu, Padawan - Killed - Lightsaber - EU, Dark Lord: TRODV.

12) Obi-Wan Kenobi, Master - Killed - Lightsaber (Novelization specifically states that if Obi-Wan could have killed Vader, he would have, although he DID give up, he was AT LEAST equal with him) - A New Hope.

13) Olee Starstone, Padawan - Barely saved by Master Shryne - Lightsaber - Dark Lord: TRODV.

14) Burr Danid, Imp. Guard in training (the best) - Killed Lightsaber - EU, Crimson Empire.

15) Unknown number of wookiees - Lightsaber - EU, Dark Lord: TRODV.

16) Unknown Number of Jedi, Unknown Levels - Killed - Unknown. (Other EU Jedi who's ranks I and methods of death I can't remember at the moment) - EU.

Roan Shryne? Wookies? Unknown number of Jedi?

And Jango Fett killed Coleman Trebor. OMG, Jango must be > Vader!

This doesn't substantiate anything.

Meanwhile, you have Malak who beat council members, had hundreds/thousands of followers, had the force power to control the Star Forge when multiple masters couldn't, and was able to absorb their life force.

And you still didn't counter the point. One lightning and Vader is screwed.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 11:35 PM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

People are sometimes blind to the fact that Sith Lightning electrocutes machinery (Darth Vader in this thread). If this is lightsaber only match, then I give Malak the edge 7/10

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 11:38 PM
Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

I suppose Force Lightning would do the trick. As would Malak's superior mobility and speed. I guess Vader would only have the size advantage.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 02:50 AM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Height:
2.02 meters (in armor)

versus

Height:
2 meters

A very small difference, and one ultimately made up by the fact that Malak uses a great lightsaber (Of exceptionally long length) while Vader does not. Malak also has full motion range with his shoulders.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 02:53 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

Heh, Malak is very tall...

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 03:45 AM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Slightly taller than Dooku.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 03:22 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Malak, but Vader might have the edge in sabers.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 02:28 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Vader one-shots in the Force and stomps in sabers

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 03:03 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Vader steamrolls him

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 05:08 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
Vader one-shots in the Force and stomps in sabers

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 06:08 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Vader close Fight.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 10:27 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote