KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Iori Yagami vs Terry Bogard

Who wins
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Iori Yagami 13 34.21%
Terry Bogard 25 65.79%
Total: 38 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Iori Yagami vs Terry Bogard
Started by: brainchild81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
I-Drop
Privateer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol.. ken beating up geese.. that must be a sloppy comic.. erm
Nah. Buy it and see for yourself. The book says Ken's @ least as good as Ryu & Gouken(their master). Ryu'd beat Geese up if Terry(Geese must've been coked up that day) did it, and so would Ken. Also, Bison comments that Geese is much improved. Ken hadn't won yet, but he was winning until Mars People showed up. It was great though. 2 of the greatest & coolest fighting each other.

Last edited by I-Drop on Feb 14th, 2006 at 09:49 PM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 09:34 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Originally posted by brainchild81
Nah. Buy it and see for yourself. The book says Ken's @ least as good as Ryu & Gouken(their master). Ryu'd beat Geese up if Terry(Geese must've been coked up that day) did it, and so would Ken. Also, Bison comments that Geese is much improved. Ken hadn't won yet, but he was winning until Mars People showed up. It was great though. 2 of the greatest & coolest fighting each other.

Uh... no Terry deafeated Geese fair and square. I bet the SvC comic is better than the KOF one's.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 12:46 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I'm pretty sure ken has lost to ryu on numerous occasions.. which just means he's a wreckless fighter... ryu and terry are more closely matched than ken and ryu.. terry defeated geese fairly.. its the typical 'boss' character to underestimate their enemies.. just makes them easier to beat.. but geese has the power of resurrection anyway.. and I love how "he was just about to win when the fight got interrupted".. thats soooo typical.. sick I cant believe you support that story line.. the artwork must be really good... confused

but back to the terry v iori thing... in that animated short "KoF Another day"... Iori had a bit of a struggle dealing with Soiree or whatever that dudes name is that does capoiera (and no it wasnt yashiro.. was one of those new "2k" kof characters)

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 01:25 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm pretty sure ken has lost to ryu on numerous occasions.. which just means he's a wreckless fighter... ryu and terry are more closely matched than ken and ryu.. terry defeated geese fairly.. its the typical 'boss' character to underestimate their enemies.. just makes them easier to beat.. but geese has the power of resurrection anyway.. and I love how "he was just about to win when the fight got interrupted".. thats soooo typical.. sick I cant believe you support that story line.. the artwork must be really good... confused

but back to the terry v iori thing... in that animated short "KoF Another day"... Iori had a bit of a struggle dealing with Soiree or whatever that dudes name is that does capoiera (and no it wasnt yashiro.. was one of those new "2k" kof characters)

Yeah you see Iori lost his flames, in the storyline thus he had a hard time with Soiree. The thing is with Kyo and Iori, they are like superheros (ther powers are gifts), they can lose thier powers. People like Terry and Ryo would never lose thier powers becuase they earned thier powers, so if Iori lost his flames like he did in KOF another day, Terry would busterwolf Iori's ass to the moon.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 02:24 AM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

I'm pretty sure ken has lost to ryu on numerous occasions..
Well if you're pretty sure it's got to be trueroll eyes (sarcastic)
which just means he's a wreckless fighter.. ryu and terry are more closely matched than ken and ryu
Not really. If Ken was to get serious with the training or go all out, he'd likely beat Ryu. Terry on the other hand can only hope to give Ryu or Ken a hard time no matter how much he trains.
... terry defeated geese fairly.. its the typical 'boss' character to underestimate their enemies.. just makes them easier to beat.. but geese has the power of resurrection anyway.. and I love how "he was just about to win when the fight got interrupted".. thats soooo typical.. sick I cant believe you support that story line..
What you believe is really important to me tooroll eyes (sarcastic) When you think about it, there aren't that many possibilities for the outcome of a fight. I'm guessing they'll settle it later. I love how you're making a judgment on the storyline without knowing much about it. Makes you feel witty doesn't it?
the artwork must be really good... confused
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Yeah you see Iori lost his flames, in the storyline thus he had a hard time with Soiree.
Thanks for giving the whole story, unlike some people. laughing
The thing is with Kyo and Iori, they are like superheros (ther powers are gifts), they can lose thier powers. People like Terry and Ryo would never lose thier powers becuase they earned thier powers, so if Iori lost his flames like he did in KOF another day, Terry would busterwolf Iori's ass to the moon.
smileToo bad Iori's got his powers here. With 'em he turns Terry into some o' them "French fried potaters". It cracks me up how people want to lose the flames so Terry can have a chance. Where might one find KOF Another Day?
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Uh... no Terry deafeated Geese fair and square. I bet the SvC comic is better than the KOF one's.
You'd love Part 2.

Last edited by I-Drop on Feb 15th, 2006 at 04:55 AM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 04:49 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Nevermind. Found it @ youtube.com

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 05:37 AM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

No no and no again... you keep underestamting the true power of Terry Bogard. To say Terry can HOPE to give Ryu and Ken a hard time is very laughable. Terry would give Ryu and Ken a better match than Kyo, Iori or K.

I never said that I wanted Kyo and Iori to lose their flames, so Terry can have a chance as you so like to put it. Even with them flames the Lone Wolf aint losing to them. I dont know if I would call them superhero's...well come to think of it as I said DBZ characters but only this happens in the Kof comics.

"Thanks for giving the whole story, unlike some people."

Is this suppose to be another shot or what? I told you I DO NOT HAVE THE COMICS is that hard to understand? If I did I would gladly scan them.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 06:36 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

You are mistaken. That was a lil' jab @ satsujin, not you. Now you've hurt my feelingssad Just kidding. I was talking to 2D about losing the flames. You're a real hotheadlaughing Relax dude.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 06:44 AM
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not really. If Ken was to get serious with the training or go all out, he'd likely beat Ryu. Terry on the other hand can only hope to give Ryu or Ken a hard time no matter how much he trains.
What you believe is really important to me tooroll eyes (sarcastic) When you think about it, there aren't that many possibilities for the outcome of a fight. I'm guessing they'll settle it later. I love how you're making a judgment on the storyline without knowing much about it. Makes you feel witty doesn't it? Thanks for giving the whole story, unlike some people. laughing
smileToo bad Iori's got his powers here. With 'em he turns Terry into some o' them "French fried potaters". It cracks me up how people want to lose the flames so Terry can have a chance. Where might one find KOF Another Day?You'd love Part 2.

Too bad all of that is YOUR OPINION. Capcom seems to think differently Terry actually rivals with Ken, according to the cross over games (special intros and dialouge proves this). Capcom wouldnt make Ken go against a pushover, just because YOU THINK Terry isnt on Ken or Ryu tier doesnt mean Capcom or Snk doesnt.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 06:49 AM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

You are mistaken. That was a lil' jab @ satsujin, not you. Now you've hurt my feelingssad Just kidding. I was talking to 2D about losing the flames. You're a real hotheadlaughing Relax dude.

My fault... sorry dude.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 06:51 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

it's cool
Too bad all of that is YOUR OPINION. Capcom seems to think differently Terry actually rivals with Ken, according to the cross over games (special intros and dialouge proves this). Capcom wouldnt make Ken go against a pushover, just because YOU THINK Terry isnt on Ken or Ryu tier doesnt mean Capcom or Snk doesnt.
I didn't say he wasn't in their tier, I was just saying I don't think he can beat them. Ken also has a special intro w/Ryu. The action figures made for CVS2 are Ryu, Ken, Iori, & Kyo though. I don't think Terry got one. Iori got an intro w/Bison, but I don't really see them as rivals. I've just finished watching KOF Another day 1-3. It's good so far. Iori's still badass w/out the flames. See him throw Soiree thru the car window? I hope he kicks Ash's ass for stealing his powers.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 07:08 AM
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

it's cool I didn't say he wasn't in their tier, I was just saying I don't think he can beat them. Ken also has a special intro w/Ryu. The action figures made for CVS2 are Ryu, Ken, Iori, & Kyo though. I don't think Terry got one. Iori got an intro w/Bison, but I don't really see them as rivals. I've just finished watching KOF Another day 1-3. It's good so far. Iori's still badass w/out the flames. See him throw Soiree thru the car window? I hope he kicks Ash's ass for stealing his powers.

Well i can respect that, it just seems like you think that Terry is a total bum. Anyways, Ken and Iori did not get a special intro in CVS2. And I wasnt just talking about CVS2 I was also talkign about the SVC dialouge between Terry and Ken, as well as the fact that Ken and Terry's story lines intertwine in Match of the Milenium.
As for KOF anohter day, I do hope that Iori kicks Ash's ass too, much like he did with Soriee. I also wish that Guile would randomly jump in and help Iori (not that he needs it) kill that sod, for stealing Guiles moves.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 07:18 AM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

it's cool I didn't say he wasn't in their tier, I was just saying I don't think he can beat them. Ken also has a special intro w/Ryu. The action figures made for CVS2 are Ryu, Ken, Iori, & Kyo though. I don't think Terry got one. Iori got an intro w/Bison, but I don't really see them as rivals. I've just finished watching KOF Another day 1-3. It's good so far. Iori's still badass w/out the flames. See him throw Soiree thru the car window? I hope he kicks Ash's ass for stealing his powers.

There is one thing I can agree on with you. Ash has got to BE THE WORST DESIGN playmore can come up with...ugh jesus and why the hell does he make it in MI 2 is beyond me.

You also stated that if Ken was serious he would beat Ryu....I wonder what would "Hoshi" and the Ryu fans think on that.

Yeah there was a figure lineup and there was a Terry figure...I know cause I have it...here is the pic of the figure.

http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/toys/12_03/terry.jpg
http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/t...back%20side.jpg
http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/toys/12_03/ryu.jpg
http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/toys/12_03/iron3.jpg
http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/toys/12_03/ken2.jpg
http://411images.com/figures/other/CvsS20012.jpg
http://411images.com/figures/other/CvsS21008.jpg
http://411images.com/figures/other/CvsS20007.jpg

These figures are from the Capcom vs SNK 2 line imported from Japan. Only Terry,Iori,Ryu and Ken were made(NO KYO) and notice how they have Terry and Ryu pitted against each other.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 07:29 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Now I'm confused as Hell. I've got Ken, but mine isn't that skinny. Mine would beat the hell out of him. Must have been 2 sets made by 2 different companies.My action figure

The whole set

Last edited by I-Drop on Feb 15th, 2006 at 09:22 AM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 09:11 AM
carrotgl4z3

I HAVE A QUESTIONS GUYS??? IS KOF ANOTHER DAY RELATED TO KOF MI???

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 02:49 PM
carrotgl4z3 is currently offline Click here to Send carrotgl4z3 a Private Message Find more posts by carrotgl4z3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carrotgl4z3

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 02:57 PM
carrotgl4z3 is currently offline Click here to Send carrotgl4z3 a Private Message Find more posts by carrotgl4z3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

What you believe is really important to me tooroll eyes (sarcastic) When you think about it, there aren't that many possibilities for the outcome of a fight. I'm guessing they'll settle it later. I love how you're making a judgment on the storyline without knowing much about it. Makes you feel witty doesn't it? Thanks for giving the whole story, unlike some people. laughing
smileToo bad Iori's got his powers here. With 'em he turns Terry into some o' them "French fried potaters". It cracks me up how people want to lose the flames so Terry can have a chance. Where might one find KOF Another Day?You'd love Part 2.

lets see... opinion , opinion, opinion and ... opinion?.. gee.. these 'facts' of yours are truely astounding... actually I feel more witty for your having read that crap laughing out loud I would only touch it to see the artwork

lol.. if you 'think' iori would beat up terry thats a whole different story.. just like I find dbz-esque comic writing a pile of garbage.. (i.e. one person suddenly doing what he wasnt even close to be capable of doing a few episodes before, but just for plot's sake...)

however its quite obvious you made this thread with intent to have terry lose...

Originally posted by carrotgl4z3
I HAVE A QUESTIONS GUYS??? IS KOF ANOTHER DAY RELATED TO KOF MI???

soiree originated from MI series didnt he?.. mai and athena were also in it... it was so short that its nearly pointless to watch, save for the iori v soiree battle

Last edited by SaTsuJiN on Feb 15th, 2006 at 07:20 PM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 07:14 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

lets see... opinion , opinion, opinion and ... opinion?.. gee..
Last time I checked, this was a forum. You do realize people post opinions on forums right? embarrasment But I guess you think you've posted nothing but facts like the famous
I'm pretty sure ken has lost to ryu on numerous occasions..
Yeah that's awesome that you're pretty sure. So awesome. How about this one?
ryu and terry are more closely matched than ken and ryu..
That's so obviously a fact, just because you said itroll eyes (sarcastic)

Next we have you posting something that's obviously very important to the topic of Iori Vs Terry
in that animated short "KoF Another day"... Iori had a bit of a struggle dealing with Soiree or whatever that dudes name is that does capoiera (and no it wasnt yashiro.. was one of those new "2k" kof characters)
I guess I should've changed my vote right there.roll eyes (sarcastic) I mean, clearly, if an Iori who's been robbed of his powers(A fact that you either didn't know or flat out neglected to post) has the slightest bit of a struggle with Soiree, that proves 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt that Terry'd crush him, with or without the flames. You've done it man. You've changed my mind with that air-tight prooflaughing

these 'facts' of yours are truely astounding... actually I feel more witty for your having read that crap laughing out loud I would only touch it to see the artwork
Wow. Me having read it makes you feel more witty. That makes a lot of sense. I'm jealous of how you're able to determine it's crappiness without having ever read it. You rule man!!! Only an absolute genius would jump to conclusions like that. roll eyes (sarcastic) My 'facts' are just as good as yours. Actually they're better because I don't leave important facts(like Iori having been robbed of his powers) out like you do. I @least try to give the whole story and be objective. Notice how I didn't conveniently leave out that Terry was already hurt before fighting Iori? Wouldn't have been right. Wouldn't have been brainchild.smile I'm better than that.

lol.. if you 'think' iori would beat up terry thats a whole different story.. just like I find dbz-esque comic writing a pile of garbage.. (i.e. one person suddenly doing what he wasnt even close to be capable of doing a few episodes before, but just for plot's sake...)

however its quite obvious you made this thread with intent to have terry lose...
Wrong once again. I made this thread to hear opinions and I don't fault you for placing yours. It is lame that you make assumptions about people and books without knowing about them but I guess that's just you. It's honestly a bad habit you should try to get out of though. Marines call assumption "the mother of all F**kups". I'm just trying to help.

Last edited by I-Drop on Feb 15th, 2006 at 08:39 PM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 08:35 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Actually in regards to terry being wounded you said "i think".. which shows a slight doubt.. had to be confirmed by another poster

and think about the writing.. vega.. who's supposed to be one of the upper tier of bisons cronies, is suddenly going to decide that saving terry is the right thing to do?.. gimme a break... in this case it has nothing to do with assumption.. when you see crappy contents.. its safe to say the overall subject material is crap.. it doesnt take marines to judge good story writing.. so including that tidbit was a bit of a marine "f**kup" as well...

terry is the ryu of his series.. which makes andy the ken of said series.. ryu beats bison.. terry beats geese.. they resemble eachother more than you'd like to think..

I havent, nor will I ever make assumptions about people.. books and things created by people are are a different story..and are subject to much typicality.. which is something that becomes monotonous and very difficult to enjoy over time..

its nice that you say you respect peoples opinions.. but your actions arent really showing it.. no

Last edited by SaTsuJiN on Feb 15th, 2006 at 10:43 PM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 10:39 PM
shin_remy

terry is the ryu of his series.. which makes andy the ken of said series..

OMG

WHahhahahah sorry but terry and ken are rivals. good rivals!!

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 10:43 PM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote