KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Iori Yagami vs Terry Bogard

Who wins
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Iori Yagami 13 32.50%
Terry Bogard 27 67.50%
Total: 40 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Iori Yagami vs Terry Bogard
Started by: brainchild81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shin_remy
OMG

WHahhahahah sorry but terry and ken are rivals. good rivals!!

hehe.. you're falling to the japan syndrome... they only matched them both up cuz they're from america.. has nothing to do with their fighting prowess.. can you tell me what ken and terrys power levels were in the card games? smile

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 15th, 2006 10:45 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Actually in regards to terry being wounded you said "i think".. which shows a slight doubt.. had to be confirmed by another poster
So? That's because I wasn't sure because I hadn't read it in a while. @ least I tried to give the whole story and not leaving parts out to make Terry seem weak. What about you?

and think about the writing.. vega.. who's supposed to be one of the upper tier of bisons cronies, is suddenly going to decide that saving terry is the right thing to do?... gimme a break... in this case it has nothing to do with assumption..
It has everything to do with assumption. You assume Vega just saved him and again you're wrong. Bison told him to save him if I remember right. Bison wanted him so he could test out O.Iori. That right there proves that you lack enough knowledge of the material to make a sound judgment. Thanks for proving me right.

. when you see crappy contents.. its safe to say the overall subject material is crap.. it doesnt take marines to judge good story writing.. so including that tidbit was a bit of a marine "f**kup" as well...
No it wasn't. You obviously didn't get the message because you assumed Vega just decided to be nice and you were totally wrong. Again. Please @least skim over the book @ your local comic shop if it's possible. You don't even have to buy it. Read it in the store. Then your comments will have some validity and they won't just be incorrect assumptions. I could see if you were "batting 1000" with these assumptions, but you're not. Why not just stop making them? There does seem to be problems with the translations in the book though.

terry is the ryu of his series.. which makes andy the ken of said series.. ryu beats bison.. terry beats geese.. they resemble eachother more than you'd like to think..
Terry used to be the Ryu of his series. Not anymore.

I havent, nor will I ever make assumptions about people.. books and things created by people are are a different story..and are subject to much typicality.. which is something that becomes monotonous and very difficult to enjoy over time..
But you haven't been right with these assumptions. You assumed I made the thread for Terry to lose. I didn't. That's an assumption about a person. An incorrect one.

its nice that you say you respect peoples opinions.. but your actions arent really showing it.. no
Yes I am. I can't help it if you're making your opinions based on false assumptions. Lets just get on with the debate dude.
hehe.. you're falling to the japan syndrome... they only matched them both up cuz they're from america.. has nothing to do with their fighting prowess...
Is that another assumption? Why didn't they just match him w/Guile?

Last edited by I-Drop on Feb 16th, 2006 at 04:08 AM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 04:05 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by brainchild81
So? That's because I wasn't sure because I hadn't read it in a while. @ least I tried to give the whole story and not leaving parts out to make Terry seem weak. What about you?

It has everything to do with assumption. You assume Vega just saved him and again you're wrong. Bison told him to save him if I remember right. Bison wanted him so he could test out O.Iori. That right there proves that you lack enough knowledge of the material to make a sound judgment. Thanks for proving me right.

No it wasn't. You obviously didn't get the message because you assumed Vega just decided to be nice and you were totally wrong. Again. Please @least skim over the book @ your local comic shop if it's possible. You don't even have to buy it. Read it in the store. Then your comments will have some validity and they won't just be incorrect assumptions. I could see if you were "batting 1000" with these assumptions, but you're not. Why not just stop making them? There does seem to be problems with the translations in the book though.

Terry used to be the Ryu of his series. Not anymore.

But you haven't been right with these assumptions. You assumed I made the thread for Terry to lose. I didn't. That's an assumption about a person. An incorrect one.

Yes I am. I can't help it if you're making your opinions based on false assumptions. Lets just get on with the debate dude.Is that another assumption? Why didn't they just match him w/Guile?

lol hows Ken vs Terry matchup an assumption.. they paired up ryu and kyo because they're japanese.. when I know ryu could pound kyo into dust if he felt like it.. a "lazy" highschool student vs some dude who's been kickin people around in tournaments his whole life? c'mon..

also.. how is a hong kong comic book (the land where license means absolutely nothing) going to provide cannon for any of these characters?.. I'd rather more official documentation be presented

assumed about you?.. you voted for iori , in the iori vs kyo.. my 'assumptions' are quite correct.. as you've voted for him here also.. just putting 2 and 2 together..

as for vega saving him.. you said vega saved him after he fell out the window.. then.. in the post above you gave the fill in.. I'm supposed to work with nothing? lol.. its still silly..... so you mean to tell me that this particular comic book is about stealing fighters dna yet again?.. -_-;

I'm basing my knowledge off of the games.. and from that knowledge.. blood riot iori was really vicious.. regular iori was ok..

Last edited by SaTsuJiN on Feb 16th, 2006 at 06:16 AM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 06:06 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

lol hows Ken vs Terry matchup an assumption.. they paired up ryu and kyo because they're japanese.. when I know ryu could pound kyo into dust if he felt like it.. a "lazy" highschool student vs some dude who's been kickin people around in tournaments his whole life? c'mon..
Do you know this Ryu & Kyo thing? Are you sure they didn't just pair them up 'cause they are the stars or are you making yet another assumption?

also.. how is a hong kong comic book (the land where license means absolutely nothing) going to provide cannon for any of these characters?.. I'd rather more official documentation be presented
I didn't bring up the comic & the 1st place. Somebody else did and then you chimed in w/lame wrong assumptions

assumed about you?.. you voted for iori , in the iori vs kyo.. my assumptions are quite correct.. as you've voted for him here also.. thats not assuming.. thats just putting 2 and 2 together..
No that's assuming. What does that have to do with this thread? Does that mean this was created for Terry to lose? You're actually getting worse.

as for vega saving him.. you said vega saved him after he fell out the window.. then.. in the post above you gave the fill in.. I'm supposed to work with nothing?
No. You're supposed to do what any logical person would've done and not spoke on it until you knew enough about it or ask a question to get more info. You made a comment on something you knew next to nothing about. The problem is that YOU keep trying to work with nothing. If it went like this,

SaT:Why did Vega save Terry?(That's what you should've done son)
B81:Vega decided it was the right thing to do.(If I would've said that)
SaT:That's crappy(This wouldv'e been true)
you wouldn't have been putting your foot in your mouth.

You made yourself look foolish. You're so determined to undermine this book you just pop of @ the mouth without having any valid points or knowing what you're talking about. You can be better than that. Why Vega saved him really didn't seem like necessary information because I wasn't expecting someone totally ignorant of the reason for the situation to call the situation silly.

lol.. its still silly...
How is it silly? Why are you still judging something you know nothing about?

.. so you mean to tell me that this particular comic book is about stealing fighters dna yet again?.. -_-;
Nope. Is that why you thought it was silly? Because you ASSumed it was about DNA theft? laughing We've been going on about this for far too long. Please just admit you don't know enough about it to determine it's crap-factor and just move on.

I'm basing my knowledge off of the games.. and from that knowledge.. blood riot iori was really vicious.. regular iori was ok..
I've kicked a$$ with both.

Last edited by I-Drop on Feb 16th, 2006 at 06:42 AM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 06:35 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Bison told him to save him if I remember right. Bison wanted him so he could test out O.Iori.

Oh.. so I'd imagine he just wanted to look at how beautiful iori was hmm?... nothing to do with DNA or something of that sort?.. all these fighting game stories are the same which is why I'm sick of them.. I havent played a single KoF since 97 because of this.. in 98 the crapfactor began with the Kyo Clone army (rofl!).. ugh.. just bury it already..

unless you're going to start giving some info about the abilities of terry and iori then dont even bother.. those unofficial comics are stuff you find in the gutter on a rainy day

if you find these 'stories' as good material then thats you.. I prefer something like soul calibur that hasnt turned its characters stories into nonsense about DNA and running fake tournaments for getting test results... or trying to evoke 1 characters true power blah blah blah.. I've been here and done that which is why I say its crap.. thats my opinion on the matter.. now .. on with the terry and iori info.. or do you only provide iori info since you are such the fighting game expert.. seeing how you consider my knowledge worthless because I dont read unofficial material

Last edited by SaTsuJiN on Feb 16th, 2006 at 07:02 AM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 06:58 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Bison told him to save him if I remember right. Bison wanted him so he could test out O.Iori.

Oh.. so I'd imagine he just wanted to look at how beautiful iori was hmm?... nothing to do with DNA or something of that sort?.. all these fighting game stories are the same which is why I'm sick of them.. I havent played a single KoF since 97 because of this.. in 98 the crapfactor began with the Kyo Clone army (rofl!).. ugh.. just bury it already..

unless you're going to start giving some info about the abilities of terry and iori then dont even bother.. those unofficial comics are stuff you find in the gutter on a rainy day
Again, I didn't bring 'em up. Someone on Terry's side of the debate did.

if you find these 'stories' as good material then thats you.. I prefer something like soul calibur that hasnt turned its characters stories into nonsense about DNA and running fake tournaments for getting test results... or trying to evoke 1 characters true power blah blah blah.. I've been here and done that which is why I say its crap.. thats my opinion on the matter.. now .. on with the terry and iori info.. or do you only provide iori info since you are such the fighting game expert.. seeing how you consider my knowledge worthless because I dont read unofficial material
It's honestly more like Marvel's Secret Wars than anything you described. It is licensed. What makes something official? Does it depend on whether you like it or not? I consider your opinions on said material worthless because you lack knowledge of said material. That's all. I've got nothing against you. You've turned this fine debate into your own personal vendetta against HK comics. What's weird is that you are now asking questions about it. Are you becoming interested? You really should give it a look(even if it's just for the artsmile). If you hate Iori like P.Geyser does you'd probably love pt.2.

P.S. I'd kick your a$$ in Soul Caliber with Kiliksmile

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 07:27 AM
shin_remy

hehe.. you're falling to the japan syndrome... they only matched them both up cuz they're from america.. has nothing to do with their fighting prowess.. can you tell me what ken and terrys power levels were in the card games? smile

card games messed that is so old

like brainchild said.
terry was the ryu in the series not anymore and indeed why didn't they match him with guile ??

and terry is happy to have ken as rival and ken has the same back. better terry then iori his rival since terry will kicks iori's ass

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 08:17 AM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

the reason why card games are good is that the developers are forced to label the fighters with an exact numerical value for their fighting ability.. which makes it much easier to fish out the apprentices and the masters

the only way I'd wind up reading the comics is if they were an E-comic.. comic store by me is a ripoff, and he doesnt let you read them in the store

terry was never the ryu in KoF (which has been going on since 94).. he's still the ryu in Garou though

lol @ ken being happy with terry and vice versa.. that has to be the most pointless info to date..

and lol.. I use kilik in soul calibur messed

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 09:05 AM
shin_remy

dissapotning ??

why you hate ken

ken rocks !!! terry and ken has much in common. ask p guyser if he hates it that ken is the rival of terry. probally not. since ken and ryu beats a lot of people.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 10:53 AM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

the reason why card games are good is that the developers are forced to label the fighters with an exact numerical value for their fighting ability.. which makes it much easier to fish out the apprentices and the masters

the only way I'd wind up reading the comics is if they were an E-comic.. comic store by me is a ripoff, and he doesnt let you read them in the store
Ah well. Maybe somebody will scan 'em. I really don't pay attention to the card games. How many have there been and when did they come out? How come they didn't match Terry w/Guile?

terry was never the ryu in KoF (which has been going on since 94).. he's still the ryu in Garou though
Nah. He passed the torch to Rock Howard. Mr. Howard was the hero of Garou-MOTW.

lol @ ken being happy with terry and vice versa.. that has to be the most pointless info to date..
Around the same level as you saying you were pretty sure Ryu's beaten Ken on numerous occasions.smile Ken & Terry do look happy to fight in CVS2 though

and lol.. I use kilik in soul calibur messed
Copycat! mad
dissapotning ??

why you hate ken

ken rocks !!! terry and ken has much in common. ask p guyser if he hates it that ken is the rival of terry. probally not. since ken and ryu beats a lot of people.
I've been noticing alot of Ken hate also. I really don't know why. I've heard that Ken beat up Gill

Last edited by I-Drop on Feb 16th, 2006 at 05:01 PM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 04:51 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I dont hate him.. I use him in Sf3: 3rd strike over ryu... due to his rapid fire kick super (Shinryuken).. I just dont care for his other incarnations

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 06:33 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

Did he kick Gill's @ss?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 06:41 PM
shin_remy

well

to tell you the truth brainchild!!!!!!!!!! Not many people know this believe me!!

in america it was alex who won the tournament and ryu who won from gill and stayed barely alive!!!

BUT....... not according japan. they claimed that it was Ken who beat Gill, and Ryu, they wanted to let Ken win the last tournament since ryu won the first and second.

there is a rare japanese comic where you can see Ken kicks Gill ass and you see Ryu losing from akuma, and survive the shun Goku Satsu cause the the Shun Goku Satsu ends with a final punch and Akuma mist it. Ryu has a scar, challanged by Ken and lost from him. and will be trained by Oro and wants to challange him again.

Ryu and Akuma fight again!!!

and they are both nowhere to be seen. Ken and Alex found the red headband of Ryu that Ken once gave to him!! years later. Alex goes to Ryu's grave with the red headband. then he sees a shadow of a person who stands behind him!!

IS IT RYU???

in other words there are 2 story's. the story about ryu and alex is believed that that is the cannon. they never bother to fix it.

Last edited by shin_remy on Feb 16th, 2006 at 10:16 PM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 10:14 PM
Gouki
Master of Ansatsuken

Eh..not goin' there again.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2006 11:21 PM
Gouki is currently offline Click here to Send Gouki a Private Message Find more posts by Gouki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

well

to tell you the truth brainchild!!!!!!!!!! Not many people know this believe me!!

in america it was alex who won the tournament and ryu who won from gill and stayed barely alive!!!

BUT....... not according japan. they claimed that it was Ken who beat Gill, and Ryu, they wanted to let Ken win the last tournament since ryu won the first and second.

there is a rare japanese comic where you can see Ken kicks Gill ass and you see Ryu losing from akuma, and survive the shun Goku Satsu cause the the Shun Goku Satsu ends with a final punch and Akuma mist it. Ryu has a scar, challanged by Ken and lost from him. and will be trained by Oro and wants to challange him again.

Ryu and Akuma fight again!!!

and they are both nowhere to be seen. Ken and Alex found the red headband of Ryu that Ken once gave to him!! years later. Alex goes to Ryu's grave with the red headband. then he sees a shadow of a person who stands behind him!!

IS IT RYU???

in other words there are 2 story's. the story about ryu and alex is believed that that is the cannon. they never bother to fix it.
thumb up Daaaaaamn, Remy! You're like a library. Good stuff. Any links to this info? Have you seen the SVC comic?

Last edited by I-Drop on Feb 17th, 2006 at 02:36 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:31 AM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

dissapotning ??

why you hate ken

Well in honesty I have to agree with Satsujin. Terry and Fatal Fury was created to go head on with Ryu and Street Fighter. There are two reasons why I personally think Ryu and Kyo got to be paired. The first is I do believe it has to do with the nationality's of both being Japenese.

Secondly KOF is Playmore's cash cow and Kyo was lucky enough to be the main star of KOF so I also believe thats why he got to Rival Ryu. Now about the Terry and Ken rivalry....I dont hate it, it's just that I feel Terry and Ryu have more in common as of terms learning, self deticated plus I see Terry rivaling Ryu is a much better pairing than Ryu vs Kyo.

I dont mind that Terry was paired with Ken but the problem I see, is that alot of folks think that Ken is below Ryu and that Ryu is no 1 which could be true. Though in my heart I believe Terry is nowhere below Kyo...if you can understand what I am getting at.

It actually seemed though that Iori was Ken's rival which was an outrage to me because of the Kyo vs Iori fued and Ryu is rivaling Ken. It looked like though they had Terry rivaling with Guile(which was dissapointing)seeing how The Lone Wolf helped make KOF and SNK what it is(along with AOF and IK and PS also) to just be sidlined by these two guys who get way too much hype.

Bottom line is I am cool with Terry and Ken paired up, but I think Terry going against Ryu is a better rivalry. Also even though you guys dont care, The Card fighters game did have Ryu and Terry paired up, plus if you look at the action figures I showed it had Terry going against Ryu and also a cover of the japenese cover I scanned It had Ryu and Terry so there is something that says that Terry would be a good rival for Ryu.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 03:38 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Terry and Ryu also apearred together on the cover of Capcom versus SNK pro.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 05:18 AM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by P-Geyser
Well in honesty I have to agree with Satsujin. Terry and Fatal Fury was created to go head on with Ryu and Street Fighter. There are two reasons why I personally think Ryu and Kyo got to be paired. The first is I do believe it has to do with the nationality's of both being Japenese.

Secondly KOF is Playmore's cash cow and Kyo was lucky enough to be the main star of KOF so I also believe thats why he got to Rival Ryu. Now about the Terry and Ken rivalry....I dont hate it, it's just that I feel Terry and Ryu have more in common as of terms learning, self deticated plus I see Terry rivaling Ryu is a much better pairing than Ryu vs Kyo.

I dont mind that Terry was paired with Ken but the problem I see, is that alot of folks think that Ken is below Ryu and that Ryu is no 1 which could be true. Though in my heart I believe Terry is nowhere below Kyo...if you can understand what I am getting at.

It actually seemed though that Iori was Ken's rival which was an outrage to me because of the Kyo vs Iori fued and Ryu is rivaling Ken. It looked like though they had Terry rivaling with Guile(which was dissapointing)seeing how The Lone Wolf helped make KOF and SNK what it is(along with AOF and IK and PS also) to just be sidlined by these two guys who get way too much hype.

Bottom line is I am cool with Terry and Ken paired up, but I think Terry going against Ryu is a better rivalry. Also even though you guys dont care, The Card fighters game did have Ryu and Terry paired up, plus if you look at the action figures I showed it had Terry going against Ryu and also a cover of the japenese cover I scanned It had Ryu and Terry so there is something that says that Terry would be a good rival for Ryu.
Have you seen the pics of the set w/Ken, Ryu, Iori & Kyo? My action figure

The whole set

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 05:23 AM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Originally posted by brainchild81
Have you seen the pics of the set w/Ken, Ryu, Iori & Kyo? My action figure

The whole set

Yeah......I actually saw the Iori in person at a comic shop where I am at. It's funny though how Iori is a mainstay while Terry and Kyo come and go.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 05:39 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shin_remy

i know where your heading at

there are enough covers with

Ryu vs Kyo
Kyo vs Terry

Ken vs Iori
Ken vs Terry

thats why i hate snk sometimes. cool characters but capcom is clear about who is stronger. they are always replacing populair characters by new ones.

Terry was the rival of Ryu back in the days. He has much in common with Ryu. But he has alos a lot in common with Ken. You see that in the vs games.

some poeple are happy with the things how it are today. ryu vs kyo
and some believe it is better ryu vs terry

same as with ken

some think it is better Ken vs Iori and some believe it is better Ken vs Terry

Better Terry to Ken then Terry to Guile. Or Ken to Iori!!!

People believe now that Kyo and Iori are stronger then Terry
and Snk does not give any info about that.

stupid snk messed

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 12:09 PM