KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Iori Yagami vs Terry Bogard

Who wins
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Iori Yagami 13 32.50%
Terry Bogard 27 67.50%
Total: 40 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Iori Yagami vs Terry Bogard
Started by: brainchild81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shin_remy

soo it is

Ryu vs Kyo
Ryu vs Terry

Ken vs Iori
Ken vs Terry

or else it is Guile vs Terry messed

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 12:12 PM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carrotgl4z3

People believe now that Kyo and Iori are stronger then Terry
and Snk does not give any info about that.

Not all People think about that... I think Terry is more Famous here in our country... They Believe that the Lone Wolf Still the Strongest in SNK. For me Terry still more powerful IMO

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 04:43 PM
carrotgl4z3 is currently offline Click here to Send carrotgl4z3 a Private Message Find more posts by carrotgl4z3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lol.. terry earned his fighting ability through years of extensive training since his childhood.. when faced with 'super power' based iori, my personal verdict is terry

Iori is the ken of KoF

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 05:31 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Iori is SNK's Ken. Kyo is SNK's Ryu. They should fued. For those who rely on card games for who beats who, what is Iori's level and what is Terry's?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 07:48 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol.. terry earned his fighting ability through years of extensive training since his childhood.. when faced with 'super power' based iori, my personal verdict is terry

Iori is the ken of KoF

I agree, well said.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2006 06:46 AM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Originally posted by shin_remy
i know where your heading at

there are enough covers with

Ryu vs Kyo
Kyo vs Terry

Ken vs Iori
Ken vs Terry

thats why i hate snk sometimes. cool characters but capcom is clear about who is stronger. they are always replacing populair characters by new ones.

Terry was the rival of Ryu back in the days. He has much in common with Ryu. But he has alos a lot in common with Ken. You see that in the vs games.

some poeple are happy with the things how it are today. ryu vs kyo
and some believe it is better ryu vs terry

same as with ken

some think it is better Ken vs Iori and some believe it is better Ken vs Terry

Better Terry to Ken then Terry to Guile. Or Ken to Iori!!!

People believe now that Kyo and Iori are stronger then Terry
and Snk does not give any info about that.

stupid snk messed

You know I have to agree with you in alot of what you stated. Terry and Ryu do have those simularity's. Also Terry and Ken are simular as well since Ken seems laid back like Terry. Though you are right some people are happy about the way things have turned out, but unfortunatley I am not one of them. At least Capcom does not forget about the hero's who brought them to the dance.

As for Ryu and Kyo I see no simularity's between the two other than Kyo is the main guy in KOF, and Ryu is the main man in Street Fighter...that's it. Ryu busted his ass(like Terry)learning his techniques and travleing the world searching for strong opponents. Kyo is the heir of the Kusanagi and even though he does Martial Arts, he did not bust his ass with rigourous training. Also people will throw that crap that Kyo and Iori are stronger than Terry and etc because they beat people like Orochi and they possess flames which in fact we know that only the Flames of Kusanagi and Yagami can hurt Orochi.

On the subject of Guile correct me if I am wrong but wasn't he the main character of street fighter in the begining? I am just asking because I have heard that from a few share of people. I dont really like Terry rivaling with Guile(not that I have anything against Guile mind you)though it does look that way in some of the SvC titles while Iori gets to rival Ken embarrasment

Bottom line is I am kind of angry with playmore....I dont call them SNK anymore just playmore. Cause all they seem to do is pump KOF after KOF and the new main guy Ash is a horrible faggoty design thanks to Falcoon. Even Brainchild would agree that it would be nice to at least have a MOTW'S 2...but I have know Idea why the hell are they stalling with that. All Playmore is about these days are KOF, Metal Slug and somehow Samurai Shodown seemed to survive and that's it.

As for Kyo is the Ryu of SNK and Iori is the Ken SNK.....people who understand the characters and are vets of FF,AOF,SS dont think so ME INCLUDED. Yeah you are right Playmore is stupid for that.

I second what Satsujin said.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2006 08:09 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by P-Geyser
You know I have to agree with you in alot of what you stated. Terry and Ryu do have those simularity's. Also Terry and Ken are simular as well since Ken seems laid back like Terry. Though you are right some people are happy about the way things have turned out, but unfortunatley I am not one of them. At least Capcom does not forget about the hero's who brought them to the dance.

As for Ryu and Kyo I see no simularity's between the two other than Kyo is the main guy in KOF, and Ryu is the main man in Street Fighter...that's it. Ryu busted his ass(like Terry)learning his techniques and travleing the world searching for strong opponents. Kyo is the heir of the Kusanagi and even though he does Martial Arts, he did not bust his ass with rigourous training. Also people will throw that crap that Kyo and Iori are stronger than Terry and etc because they beat people like Orochi and they possess flames which in fact we know that only the Flames of Kusanagi and Yagami can hurt Orochi.

On the subject of Guile correct me if I am wrong but wasn't he the main character of street fighter in the begining? I am just asking because I have heard that from a few share of people. I dont really like Terry rivaling with Guile(not that I have anything against Guile mind you)though it does look that way in some of the SvC titles while Iori gets to rival Ken embarrasment

Bottom line is I am kind of angry with playmore....I dont call them SNK anymore just playmore. Cause all they seem to do is pump KOF after KOF and the new main guy Ash is a horrible faggoty design thanks to Falcoon. Even Brainchild would agree that it would be nice to at least have a MOTW'S 2...but I have know Idea why the hell are they stalling with that. All Playmore is about these days are KOF, Metal Slug and somehow Samurai Shodown seemed to survive and that's it.

As for Kyo is the Ryu of SNK and Iori is the Ken SNK.....people who understand the characters and are vets of FF,AOF,SS dont think so ME INCLUDED. Yeah you are right Playmore is stupid for that.

I second what Satsujin said.
When I said
Originally posted by brainchild81
Iori is SNK's Ken. Kyo is SNK's Ryu.
I said that because Ryu is Capcom's main guy. SATS said that Terry was still the Garou hero. I disagree(Rock is. & It would be nice for SNK to realizer that KOF is not their only franchise. It was cool to see him fight in KOF: Another Day though.), but even if he were correct. Kyo is the SNK main guy. Why? Because the crossover games are where almost all the big time SNK guys are featured including Mr. Bogard & Kyo is the main guy. 9 times outta 10, when you see Terry & Kyo in the same game, Kyo is a more central figure. Like it or not, that's how it is. I like Rock more than Kyo, but Kyo is SNK's main man. Guile's only been the main SF character in that horrible live action movie and in the USA network cartoon show(Show was pretty lousy. Didn't start getting good until it was too late. Ken was , however, the strongest character on the show when all was said and done.). Game wise, Guile didn't even appear until Street Fighter 2.

For those who rely on card games for who beats who, what is Terry's power level in those games? Iori's is 1000 according to the link. & Yes, Ash is too gay for words to describe.

Last edited by I-Drop on Feb 20th, 2006 at 04:11 AM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 04:00 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

japanese companies dont want american characters as their trademark.. obvious nationalism.. I dont blame them or anything, as it does seem silly.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 07:06 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

What's Terry's power level in the card games?

Last edited by I-Drop on Feb 20th, 2006 at 07:15 AM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 07:13 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Somebody answer.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2006 06:39 PM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Okay I disagree and agree on some of things you have stated. For one thing even though MOTW'S is part of the FF storyline, it's different and yes Rock is the main character of the game. I still would not call Kyo Mr. SNK because the fact is even though you do not like the card game, Kyo is not the main man running for SNK, plus in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, Kyo again was not the main person rather it was someone else. As well in the newer KOF installment even though he is somewhat important the focus is now centered around that fagotty Ash.

Though what I do agree on and it does piss me off is the fact that when Terry and Kyo are paired up, Kyo usually looks like the man on top. The reason what Satsujin and I have explained being "The Ethnic factor" plus KOF being the cash cow for playmore. I honestly feel Kyo got by at the expense of the characters from Fatal Fury, AOF, Ikari Warriors and Pyscho Soldier.

Believe me many feel that Terry would have been a better rival for Ryu than Kyo. I am sure you are familiar with Whipkedia Dictionary...check out Terry's profile and look at the trivia section.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Bogard

It compares Terry and Ryu in being common.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 06:29 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Now as to your answer since I see you left me a message. Terry's BP was 1000 while Ryu's was also a 1000 and yes Iori. Ryo's bp is 900 and Kyo's is 800.

Also a pic I found that many do think that Terry would have been a better rivalry for Ryu

http://www.castleofcollectibles.com...f/ngf-99-10.jpg

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 06:40 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by P-Geyser
Okay I disagree and agree on some of things you have stated. For one thing even though MOTW'S is part of the FF storyline, it's different and yes Rock is the main character of the game. I still would not call Kyo Mr. SNK because the fact is even though you do not like the card game, Kyo is not the main man running for SNK, plus in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, Kyo again was not the main person rather it was someone else. As well in the newer KOF installment even though he is somewhat important the focus is now centered around that fagotty Ash.

Though what I do agree on and it does piss me off is the fact that when Terry and Kyo are paired up, Kyo usually looks like the man on top. The reason what Satsujin and I have explained being "The Ethnic factor" plus KOF being the cash cow for playmore. I honestly feel Kyo got by at the expense of the characters from Fatal Fury, AOF, Ikari Warriors and Pyscho Soldier.

Believe me many feel that Terry would have been a better rival for Ryu than Kyo. I am sure you are familiar with Whipkedia Dictionary...check out Terry's profile and look at the trivia section.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Bogard

It compares Terry and Ryu in being common.
Must've been updated recently. The last time I checked it it said that Terry used to be SNK's mascot. Another thing for people to notice is this part.

quote:
Although the anime based on the Fatal Fury games is considered non-canonical
People can erase that whole Mars mess from memory.

I do agree though. Terry and Ryu have things in common, as do Terry & Ken. How many card fighting games have there been? If they don't put Ash on the shelf and keep him there, the should change the company name to "gaymore"

Last edited by I-Drop on Feb 21st, 2006 at 06:55 AM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 06:52 AM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Originally posted by brainchild81
Must've been updated recently. The last time I checked it it said that Terry used to be SNK's mascot. Another thing for people to notice is this part.

People can erase that whole Mars mess from memory.

I do agree though. Terry and Ryu have things in common, as do Terry & Ken. How many card fighting games have there been?

Though they never mentioned anything about Kyo being a good mascot. Actually there were two Card Fighters games I belive. Ofcourse there was the SvC Card fighters clash SNK deck and Capcom Deck The second game that came out was called SvC Expaned edition I beileve...I dont have the game though I only have the SNK deck of the first game.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 06:56 AM
carrotgl4z3

Wikipedia's has a Great Trivia for Terry Bogard.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 03:41 PM
carrotgl4z3 is currently offline Click here to Send carrotgl4z3 a Private Message Find more posts by carrotgl4z3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

The person being the main gun of SNK changes with the storylines. Terry was when the games focused more on him. Then Kyo. Then K for a short period of time.

I find it being more a tastes thing on who are the two "ken/Ryu" of snk. For me its Terry and Ryo. Theyr the best of southtown, and of the two initial storylines that paved away for KOF. And the ones where the first KOF tournments actually happened.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 12:59 AM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carrotgl4z3

Terry & Ryo in kof always A Rival Team...???

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2006 02:19 PM
carrotgl4z3

Ok This Topic Is Done... From a Vote & the Debate... Terry Wins...

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 12:56 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

Nah. Thread starter votes count for 20 regular votes evil face

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 04:33 AM
carrotgl4z3

u cant accept the fact... ehehehe... Iori 3 - terry 10... i dunno y terry always win in voting System.. IMO Terry & Ryu are more Popular...

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 03:19 PM