KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Iori Yagami vs Terry Bogard

Who wins
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Iori Yagami 13 32.50%
Terry Bogard 27 67.50%
Total: 40 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Iori Yagami vs Terry Bogard
Started by: brainchild81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sixth_Winged

Personally, i'm going with Iori. He is cooler IMO.

what i logically should happen IMO is that this is a tossup. I mean the distinction from the powerlevel of Kyo, Terry and Iori in their prime isn't that significant. It's just they job to people when the story commands it. Now, it's the sacred treasures team, Iori just got pwned by that girlie-man Ash. Yuck, but it happened just like Terry losing to a greenhorned kyo.

Gameplaywise, both are monsters and both have been depowered a lot.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2006 01:57 PM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

I have to disagree somewhat. First is SNK never stated that Kyo beat Terry officially. Second I agree Iori is the most popular and yes overrated SNK character.....at the arcades people really whore him to death..worse then Ryu I might add. I do know for a fact Iori is most definatley admired by TONS of fangirls.

I think Iori will have his vengence against Ash(ugh)

Old Post Mar 11th, 2006 08:03 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carrotgl4z3

Kyo never beat Terry... I dont beleive relly happened... Y? Still Geeze Howard still Alive in the KOf Story line... Base on FF Line Geeze already died

Old Post Mar 12th, 2006 01:53 PM
carrotgl4z3 is currently offline Click here to Send carrotgl4z3 a Private Message Find more posts by carrotgl4z3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carrotgl4z3

Kyo never beat Terry... I dont believe KOF really happened... Y? Still Geeze Howard still Alive in the KOf Story line... Base on FF Line Geeze already died for a long time. Terry Has A MOTW out fit... FF line really happened

Old Post Mar 12th, 2006 01:56 PM
carrotgl4z3 is currently offline Click here to Send carrotgl4z3 a Private Message Find more posts by carrotgl4z3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Personally, i'm going with Iori. He is cooler IMO.

what i logically should happen IMO is that this is a tossup. I mean the distinction from the powerlevel of Kyo, Terry and Iori in their prime isn't that significant. It's just they job to people when the story commands it. Now, it's the sacred treasures team, Iori just got pwned by that girlie-man Ash. Yuck, but it happened just like Terry losing to a greenhorned kyo.

Gameplaywise, both are monsters and both have been depowered a lot.
I can see Terry losing to Kyo, but I'm not sure how Ash stole Iori's flames. In the anime, Iori seems ready and willing to fight Ash without them. Ash seems like he'd rather run.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 08:38 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Originally posted by carrotgl4z3
Kyo never beat Terry... I dont beleive relly happened... Y? Still Geeze Howard still Alive in the KOf Story line... Base on FF Line Geeze already died

Agreed. I dont see Terry losing to Kyo other than those writers who know nothing of the strengths of the characters.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 02:42 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

Originally posted by brainchild81
I can see Terry losing to Kyo, but I'm not sure how Ash stole Iori's flames. In the anime, Iori seems ready and willing to fight Ash without them. Ash seems like he'd rather run.

I like Ash better though in the video game! big grin

Made by DW

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 05:16 AM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

I've heard his moves are pretty cool. Horrible design though.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 06:14 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've heard his moves are pretty cool. Horrible design though.

his moves are all just a ripp-off of Guile's moves, but with green flames atttached. Seriously Ash is the worst SNK character ever, oh yeah they;re not SNK anymore, the worst design Gaymore ever made. The guy deos finfernail art as a hobby, wtf, and stole his moves from guile. Anyways, back to the topic, Terry would whomp on iori. Even by SVC chaos HK comics standards, becuase Terry lasted in a fight longer than iori, against orochi iori. Terry had a fight (he was woudned already), while iori got decapitated in one move.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 06:35 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

KOF XI Canon ending. Next KOF installment features him with both chizuru's power and iori's and going out for Kyo. And BTW, he did it while iori was on orochi mode.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 03:20 AM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
his moves are all just a ripp-off of Guile's moves, but with green flames atttached. Seriously Ash is the worst SNK character ever, oh yeah they;re not SNK anymore, the worst design Gaymore ever made. The guy deos finfernail art as a hobby, wtf, and stole his moves from guile. Anyways, back to the topic, Terry would whomp on iori. Even by SVC chaos HK comics standards, becuase Terry lasted in a fight longer than iori, against orochi iori. Terry had a fight (he was woudned already), while iori got decapitated in one move.
Iori was caught by surprise though. He thought he was looking at his reflection, then it attacked him. I doubt Terry would have lasted that long against Genjuro

Last edited by I-Drop on Mar 15th, 2006 at 12:17 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 12:08 PM
Sixth_Winged

SVC comics ain't canon though.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 04:53 AM
Gouki
Master of Ansatsuken

I'm not sure, why they even mention it.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 10:37 AM
Gouki is currently offline Click here to Send Gouki a Private Message Find more posts by Gouki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

'cause they're coolsmile
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
KOF XI Canon ending. Next KOF installment features him with both chizuru's power and iori's and going out for Kyo. And BTW, he did it while iori was on orochi mode.
He beat O.Iori's a$$?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 11:12 AM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Iori was caught by surprise though. He thought he was looking at his reflection, then it attacked him. I doubt Terry would have lasted that long against Genjuro

I think he would.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 12:30 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

I don't know man. Genjuro Kibagami is an absolute beast. That's the book I suggested you'd like though, your all time favorite character(Iorismile) gets murdered twice in the same book. He's only got one life left. Anbody know if pt. 3 is out yet?

Last edited by I-Drop on Mar 17th, 2006 at 09:03 PM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 08:58 PM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

I don't know man. Genjuro Kibagami is an absolute beast. That's the book I suggested you'd like though, your all time favorite character(Iorismile) gets murdered twice in the same book. He's only got one life left. Anbody know if pt. 3 is out yet?

All time fave..hehehe funny joke. Seriously I like Genjuro way more than Iori I can tell you that. Genjuro is a kickass rival to Haohmaru(might start a thread).

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 10:24 PM
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah i think SVC 3 is out, the comic store I go to has had it for a week. I just havent got around to going and looking at it yet. I bet that they're going to fawk it up though, thus far, I have no complaints, its pretty good, hope it says that way.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 12:10 AM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

'cause they're coolsmile He beat O.Iori's a$$?

yes. It was basically two parter. The one with the sacred treasures team ending featured Orochi Iori and kyo lying on ground KO'ed by him all while Shingo looks, then Ash arrives....que to Elizabeth/Benimaru/Shenwoo's ending, it appears Ash forcibly took his power and he is also lying there unconscious.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 06:31 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Damn Ash! I really don't like him now mad

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 04:35 PM