KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » NHL discussion thread

NHL discussion thread
Started by: Anth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

4-game win streak for the Flames! Woo!

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 12:41 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silvarus
Mile High Member

How bout' them Flyers ... omfg... what a comeback win against Boston. Also winning like 6-7 in a row. DAMMMMMN!

On the downside, #30 in NHL on penalty kill. What the hell is Hitchcok doing ????????

I really wanna know, because he's supposed to be the most defensive minded coach....what the hell gives...?

That sack of crap slips to last place in penalty kill...with the likes of Rathje, Hatcher, Pitkanen, and Johnsson...while teams like Columbus, Pittsburg, and Atlanta with shit defense and goaltending are able to post a better %!!!

Somone...please...put him out of his misery...how much does the average hitman cost???

~Dima

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 07:10 PM
Silvarus is currently offline Click here to Send Silvarus a Private Message Find more posts by Silvarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

does anyone know where Valeri Bure is???? i thought he was gonna play for the Kings...

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2005 08:04 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Flyers= Beasts!!! Gagne leading in goals, and Forsberg is Points!!!

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 04:03 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silvarus
How bout' them Flyers ... omfg... what a comeback win against Boston. Also winning like 6-7 in a row. DAMMMMMN!

On the downside, #30 in NHL on penalty kill. What the hell is Hitchcok doing ????????

I really wanna know, because he's supposed to be the most defensive minded coach....what the hell gives...?

That sack of crap slips to last place in penalty kill...with the likes of Rathje, Hatcher, Pitkanen, and Johnsson...while teams like Columbus, Pittsburg, and Atlanta with shit defense and goaltending are able to post a better %!!!

Somone...please...put him out of his misery...how much does the average hitman cost???

~Dima

Welcome to the new NHL. That's all I have to say.
Things I dont like in the new NHL.
Shootout - a crock of shit, if it stays, have 5 players shootout instead of 3
Scheduling - I hate watching the same ****ing teams play each other. Sure, I like riverlies, but it loses it lustre when the team plays each other 8 ****ing times. You cant judge who is the best team, when a team plays the same ****ing division over and over and over.
Penalties - I love the crack down on holding, but this is getting ridiculous, everything is being called, even when the player didnt even do anything, I also hate everything being called in the front of the night, its bad, if ST LOuis can get goals from the front of the night, its getting bad, there is no fighting for position anymore, i hate it.
Lastly, some of these guys who are leading the league or close to it, arnt the best hockey players, they're just guys who flourish from the new rules. I dont think Alfreddson and Spezza are the best players in the league. Theyre good, but not best.
Another thing, guys who play a two way game arnt (off and def), are obselete. If spezza, who is horrible defensively can be labelled as the best player in the league, then the NHL is ****ed.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 06:54 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Smasandian
Scheduling - I hate watching the same ****ing teams play each other. Sure, I like riverlies, but it loses it lustre when the team plays each other 8 ****ing times. You cant judge who is the best team, when a team plays the same ****ing division over and over and over.
Penalties - I love the crack down on holding, but this is getting ridiculous, everything is being called, even when the player didnt even do anything, I also hate everything being called in the front of the night, its bad, if ST LOuis can get goals from the front of the night, its getting bad, there is no fighting for position anymore, i hate it.
Lastly, some of these guys who are leading the league or close to it, arnt the best hockey players, they're just guys who flourish from the new rules. I dont think Alfreddson and Spezza are the best players in the league. Theyre good, but not best.
Another thing, guys who play a two way game (off and def), are obselete. If spezza, who is horrible defensively can be labelled as the best player in the league, then the NHL is ****ed.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2005 06:55 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Flyers win again!!! Knuble with 3.2 seconds left!! That was crazy. GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 02:26 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Another thing, guys who play a two way game arnt (off and def), are obselete. If spezza, who is horrible defensively can be labelled as the best player in the league, then the NHL is ****ed.

Question Smas: Do you like the this new NHL or the old NHL better?

I personally like the new NHL better although it still needs a lot of tinkering.

I personally don't have a problem with the shootout. Yes, it is kinda of a crap way to decide valuable points but I've seen two so far and both were very exiting. I also hate ties, which shouldn't be in sports other than exhibitions IMO.

I completely agree with you on the penalties. Right now it's a penalty game. I love power plays, but it is getting way out of hand considering the Sharks get like 6 to 8 power plays per game.

Certainly physicality needs to be brought back to the NHL but no too much. That's the main problem I had with the old rules is it was really wrestling much more than hockey. The league now at least have guys skate and show skill.

Also the rule that if a player slaps a puck into the crowd will result in a penalty is stupid.

I think they're heading in the right direction but defense needs to not be so secluded.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 02:45 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i agree with everything stated, except for the shootout. i think it's better.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 02:55 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I love the new NHL, but you guys stated it needs alot of tinkering, especially the penalties.
I hate the shootout, but if it continues, I rather have 5 skaters do the shootout because 3 doesnt really show who the real winner is.
And your right strangelove, there's no physical play except for some few games.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2005 06:05 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

what a game!!!!

8-2 kings molested the blue jackets on ice.

hat trick for both Frolov and Conroy thumb up thumb up thumb up

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 05:15 AM
Silvarus
Mile High Member

Ok...where shall I begin...
I wholeheartedly support the shootout...because
1. It's exciting
2. Assures someone goes home with 2points
3. Allows teams with individually skilled players to flourish
4. Smasandian is probably going to crap all over my reason #3 so let me say in advance that if a team has a solid all-around build, then they should have won it in overtime so the fact that 2 teams have gone into shootout means that they are fairly equally matched in that particular contest...then it's up to individual skill to decide the match.. that way players like Ovechkin or Jagr arn't frustrated when their shitty team goes into extra time because of bad D or goaltending and now they can actually contribute to the win with their own skill.

Also, I agree with you completely about the scheduling nonsense...this if fkin rediculous... I hated all these crappy rivalries to begin with...and now there's more of them... WTF mate!
This means that shit azz teams like Detroit, who happen to be in the weakest division in the NHL, get to face Columbus 8 times... then I gotta walk down the street and hear pompous Wings fans brag about a 12-2 record... and I have to tell them...shut the fk up... don't brag about beating Columbus, Chicago, and St. Louis!!! It also sucks that the West plays the East less...that I very much dislike...because there's not enough variety in the games.

I also completely agree with you on the penalty nonsense. The free flowing, fast moving game is great but not when guys can take dives and get penalties. I just saw Jiri Fischer deliver a solid hip chekck on Bertuzzi and he got a tripping call because Bertuzzi went flying... the refs have been converted into bitches who won't let you play a decent hitting game... but I do think you're wrong about guys like Spezza and Alfredsson. They've always been top notch but now just have gotten better... plus you also see the power forwards get the same high volume of points... Thornton, Bertuzzi, Lindros ... these guys are still good... and the new rules arn't benefiting 1 player over another... they help everyone! I'm tired of hockey announcers saying, "You know Jim, I really think that Bob Smith is going to benefit from the rule changes." Well no shit you crackpot, how about you tell me a player that won't benefit...I can't belive these guys get money for opening their mouths... In parting I'd just like to say, Flyers 2006!

~Dima

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 06:16 AM
Silvarus is currently offline Click here to Send Silvarus a Private Message Find more posts by Silvarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I understand why they're is a shootout. I just think they should have 5 shooters instead of 3. Whoever starts first has the upperhand with only 3 shooters.
But I still think hockey is a team sport and should not be decided with individual players.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 06:40 PM
crazylozer
n00b boy

IMO i think it'd be better if there were maybe two or three overtimes before the shootout. that way, other factors could come into play: endurance and grit. oh, and the players who don't benefit from the new rules: d-men and goalies!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 04:34 AM
crazylozer is currently offline Click here to Send crazylozer a Private Message Find more posts by crazylozer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

With back to backs, that's impossible. Half of the NHL would be broken down from exhaustion before the All-Star break, if that happened.

Long overtimes should be left for the playoffs where it matters more.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 05:18 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by crazylozer
IMO i think it'd be better if there were maybe two or three overtimes before the shootout. that way, other factors could come into play: endurance and grit. oh, and the players who don't benefit from the new rules: d-men and goalies!

Thats just crazy talk. Near the end of the season who will have the whol entire AHL league playing NHL games.

I would rather have a 10 minute 4 on 4 OT, isntead of an shootout. If nonbody scores, that means nonbody was better, thus not the allowed to get the 2 points.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2005 07:14 AM
crazylozer
n00b boy

Definitely it'd be exhausting, but then depth in the teams would matter a little more, and killer lines couldn't just carry the team on their back.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2005 05:04 AM
crazylozer is currently offline Click here to Send crazylozer a Private Message Find more posts by crazylozer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
With back to backs, that's impossible. Half of the NHL would be broken down from exhaustion before the All-Star break, if that happened.

Long overtimes should be left for the playoffs where it matters more.

I personally think it shoujd just be a 10min overtime, rather than back to bac, and then a shootout.

Flames just won eight in a row.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Nov 17th, 2005 03:30 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silvarus
Mile High Member

OMFG bitches...Flyers are dyin'...but guess what...they're still flyin'
record is something like 14 wins out of last 17 games...its just sick.

I must say though...wtf is with the Rangers...they can't possibly be winning this much...at the beginning, it looked like a fluke...then it was just irritating...now, its just unbearable.

They're such a shit team, its staggering...how do they win...???
I mean their D is not that good...and Lundquivst...may just be a miracle for them.

Also, Kevin hasn't done shit in the past couple of years and now suddenly he's playing an A game every night...what's up with that...

Even worse is Carolina...WTF happened?????????
How did they break out of their shell...their roster is just as weak as it was last season...but suddenly they're scoring 4,5,6 goals a night...unbeleivable. I must say though ... Staal is a P.I.M.P

My hockey pool is absolutely dying because of NYR, Carolina, and Buffalo... and its absolutely rediculous... I'm betting dollars to doughnuts that next season they go back to being below 500 teams...

~Dima (crazy Russian)

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 08:04 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

True.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 03:33 AM