KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » NHL discussion thread

NHL discussion thread
Started by: Anth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

im so dissapointed sad

Kings went from rank 6 in the entire league to rank 12 sad

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 04:39 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Talking_Owl
Jesus

Hey, at least it's not as bad as being a Penguins and Bruins fan right now.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 11:08 PM
Talking_Owl is currently offline Click here to Send Talking_Owl a Private Message Find more posts by Talking_Owl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep.
Or the leafs.

So whats people predictionfs for the Olmpique?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 05:30 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silvarus
Mile High Member

Alright, check it out...
The Czechs are about to drop the bomb ... on hockey...
Their roster is unbe****ingleivable...

Also big surprise is Slovakia...their team is disgusting.

I think blowouts are going to be U.S.A and Finland...they've got weak rosters...no depth...can't make it very far.

Canada is once again boasting talent out of their ass...if they can click then I think they'll be able to do something. BTW...Gretzky is the biggest idiot i've seen in a while...how the hell does he go and pick Smyth, Doan, and Draper ... over all other Canadian players....you have to be out of your fking mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So let me get this straight...he picked them...over guys like Spezza, Staal, Kariya!!!

The man is psychotic...and wouldn't know talent if it came up and smacked him in the face. God I hate Draper...what a shitty player.

Moving on... Mother Russia is playing a decent team. I think it all hinges on how the Wall and Naby play. If he starts playing like he did in Tampa...or how Naby played last NHL season...then they might go far. Plus, I think any team with Ovechkin, Kovlachuk, and Datsyuk can skate circles around everyone.

Can you imagine those 3 guys on 1 line??? ... can you hear people crying... cuz I sure as hell can!

Sweden...how could I forget, is feilding a solid team.... and when I say solid... I mean ... everything hinges on Lundquivst. That man has a lot ryding on him... Salo is gone from the team... but the man didnt have much game anyway. The Swedes have an all-star cast but we're talking about the same guys that lost to Belarus in the Olympics... known as something like the biggest upset EVER!

So their team hasn't changed any ... accept for a new goalie... and he may be the key to winning Gold.

All things said ... I think out of the mega powers ... Finland and USA (find a goalie bitches) in last place ... then vying for the top will be Czech Republic and Canada ... (Russia will be there if their goalies hold up to an onslaught...cuz their D sucks so bad every single tourny)

Comments...???

PS: Team USA deserves the cock for not taking Roenick...instead they take some shit players who never even dreamed of competing cuz they suck so much.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 05:52 PM
Silvarus is currently offline Click here to Send Silvarus a Private Message Find more posts by Silvarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

I'm surprised Canada didn't pick Patrick Marleau, quality forward.

Love the Joe Thornton trade. San Jose finally has a true franchise player.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 02:57 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silvarus
Alright, check it out...

I think blowouts are going to be U.S.A and Finland...they've got weak rosters...no depth...can't make it very far.

Canada is once again boasting talent out of their ass...if they can click then I think they'll be able to do something. BTW...Gretzky is the biggest idiot i've seen in a while...how the hell does he go and pick Smyth, Doan, and Draper ... over all other Canadian players....you have to be out of your fking mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So let me get this straight...he picked them...over guys like Spezza, Staal, Kariya!!!

The man is psychotic...and wouldn't know talent if it came up and smacked him in the face. God I hate Draper...what a shitty player.

Moving on... Mother Russia is playing a decent team. I think it all hinges on how the Wall and Naby play. If he starts playing like he did in Tampa...or how Naby played last NHL season...then they might go far. Plus, I think any team with Ovechkin, Kovlachuk, and Datsyuk can skate circles around everyone.

Can you imagine those 3 guys on 1 line??? ... can you hear people crying... cuz I sure as hell can!

Sweden...how could I forget, is feilding a solid team.... and when I say solid... I mean ... everything hinges on Lundquivst. That man has a lot ryding on him... Salo is gone from the team... but the man didnt have much game anyway. The Swedes have an all-star cast but we're talking about the same guys that lost to Belarus in the Olympics... known as something like the biggest upset EVER!

So their team hasn't changed any ... accept for a new goalie... and he may be the key to winning Gold.

All things said ... I think out of the mega powers ... Finland and USA (find a goalie bitches) in last place ... then vying for the top will be Czech Republic and Canada ... (Russia will be there if their goalies hold up to an onslaught...cuz their D sucks so bad every single tourny)

Comments...???

PS: Team USA deserves the cock for not taking Roenick...instead they take some shit players who never even dreamed of competing cuz they suck so much.

It seems to me that Gretzky chose the 2002 Men's Team and the World Cup team. So, he knows somewhat he's doing. Draper is a player you need on a team like this, somebody to play defense as a forward and block shots during an critical game. Smyth is also similiar. Doan, Im not too sure about, so that was one bad decision I think.
But Spezza? Awesome passer and playmaker, but they already have all of that in the first 3 lines.
If you know anything about hockey, you know you cant have just the whole team about offense and scoring without some players to actually go back and backcheck. That's part of the game.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 04:43 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Talking_Owl
Jesus

As a Penguins fan, I must keep reminding myself it could be worse. I could be a Blues fan.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 06:03 PM
Talking_Owl is currently offline Click here to Send Talking_Owl a Private Message Find more posts by Talking_Owl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moosey
Gone

Originally posted by Talking_Owl
As a Penguins fan, I must keep reminding myself it could be worse. I could be a Blues fan.

*nods* It could be worse, but man, given the TALENT on that team, they should be SO much better.

Granted, Lemieux is a shell of his former self, and Crosby can't play every shift...but still, Palffy, Leclair, Recchi, GONCHAR (who has been a complete bust) it should be better!

956,000: Moosey

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 04:17 PM
Moosey is currently offline Click here to Send Moosey a Private Message Find more posts by Moosey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moosey
Gone

Originally posted by Silvarus
Alright, check it out...

Comments...???

Dude, chill on the Gretzky bashing.

First off, I agree about Draper, even though I'm a diehard Wings fan. However, when you pick a team like this, you don't just throw the top 20 scorers in and hope for the best. It's a mix.
And as for Gretzky not knowing talent, remind me again what the LAST team he put together for the Olympics did, not to mention the World Cup of hockey? Oh, that's right, they won.
Kariya is a piece of shit, and Spezza will get his chance, but they can't have all playmakers any more than they can have all defensive centres on the team. Staal is also young and will be there for years to come.

The point is, Canada could put an A team and a B team out there and meet in the finals - THAT is how much talent we have here.

956,000: Moosey

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 05:45 PM
Moosey is currently offline Click here to Send Moosey a Private Message Find more posts by Moosey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

quote:
Gretzky is the biggest idiot i've seen in a while...how the hell does he go and pick Smyth, Doan, and Draper ... over all other Canadian players....you have to be out of your fking mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, the greatest hockey player that has ever lived and a person who has proven time and time again that he can not only lead a team, but pick a team that can win championships is really deserving of the above comment. (only if that comment is made by an idiot themselves).

Gretzky has proven that not only could he play the game, but that he has a knowledge of how to play the game and what it takes to build a team to play the game. Not only that, but he is a decent guy who puts hockey before himself. He also puts others ahead of himself...constantly.

Try and slag someone who deserves it ya mook.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 06:57 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Bruins VS Ottawa - Last Night

Boston 2 3 0 Final: 5
Ottawa 0 0 0 Final: 0

Bruins, my Fav NHL Team, Smacked Leading Team Ottawa in The face Last night. raver .

I only note this because, Ottawa has been doing so good and now Bruins come back for a third win over them big grin

Old Post Feb 1st, 2006 07:49 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tanjot

hockey is one of the most boring sports to watch on tv. does it irritate any canadians that look forward to watching nba highlights but never get to watch them because of so many hockey highlights?? example: after 12 straight hockey game highlights u c highlights from the raptors game and the interviews after the game, then u c 4 or 5 hockey game highlights, and then, u finally get to c basketball highlights from all of the nights game but all u c is 2 games out of the 12 on that night. u eventually give up and turn the channel.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2006 02:27 PM
tanjot is currently offline Click here to Send tanjot a Private Message Find more posts by tanjot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krat0s

looks like my habs will make the playoffs after all. good win tonight. big grin

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 03:10 AM
krat0s is currently offline Click here to Send krat0s a Private Message Find more posts by krat0s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

this threads dying...

anyway, Kings are not going to make the playoffs erm

very dissapointing since we have such great players no

i don't blame Garon though.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 12:37 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by -hh-
this threads dying...

anyway, Kings are not going to make the playoffs erm

very dissapointing since we have such great players no

i don't blame Garon though.

Pretty telling of the NHL eh?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 04:33 AM

every payer has bad time

http://www.freewebs.com/sliminfo/

Do you WANT dating, FRIENDSHIP AND sex IN YOUR AREA ?
http://www.freewebs.com/freedatingandsex/

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 07:47 PM
332209 is currently offline Click here to Send 332209 a Private Message Find more posts by 332209 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolver1ne
Logan

Damn, my fav team the Vancouver Canucks won't make the playoffs! And they're at ninth place in the western conference!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 06:31 AM
Wolver1ne is currently offline Click here to Send Wolver1ne a Private Message Find more posts by Wolver1ne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Man that Joe Thorton trade was awesome. Joe had made Cheechoo waaaaaaaay better than I would've imagined. I knew Cheechoo would be great when I first saw him as rookie, but I didn't think he would be challenging Jagr for the leading goal scorer.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Apr 15th, 2006 07:21 PM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That's because he has Thornton.
Take him away, bye bye half of Cheecoo's goals.
But he is a good player.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 01:16 AM
Phat J

whos everyones favourite player?

mine has to be ovechkin (not sure if tahts how his names spelled), hes crazy and its just his rookie year. its too bad the kings didnt make it to the playoffs.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2006 02:46 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote