KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » NHL discussion thread

NHL discussion thread
Started by: Anth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -hh-
i have the exact same mentality. i hate Pronger. i've hated him since i was 10 years old.

Same here dude, that guy is so dirty. And then he bitches when he gets caught doing something dirty, what a scumbag. Yzerman totally owned hima few years ago though, it was so awesome.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 12:18 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Pronger is on Ducks...

i heard he HAD to leave Oilers cuz he wasn't getting along with them. is that true?

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 02:56 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Dunno, I wouldn't doubt it, he doesn't seem like a very likeable guy.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 04:52 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Pronger is on Ducks...

i heard he HAD to leave Oilers cuz he wasn't getting along with them. is that true?

Something about his wife not liking Edmonton.

Whatever, he got them to the Stanely Cup Finals..what more could you ask from a player.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 04:56 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

To not play dirty and act like a baby?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 09:05 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by BackFire
To not play dirty and act like a baby?
stick out tongue

i remember he once said in an interview he was a 2nd grade teacher...

no expression

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 06:13 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

ovechkin got 2 goals tonight boys, next wayne gretzky in the making. yes

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 06:22 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah, but how about that rookie on the kings, Kopitar, already's got 5 points in 2 games.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 08:32 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Yeah, but how about that rookie on the kings, Kopitar, already's got 5 points in 2 games.
ya i was gonna mention that. Frolov & Kopitar are gonna lead the kings.

kinda scary, Kopitar is my age and he's a monster! he's like 6'3 200 lbs.

im 5'11 155 laughing

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 05:39 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Phat J
ovechkin got 2 goals tonight boys, next wayne gretzky in the making. yes
maybe, but kovalchuk sounds like the next gretzky or maybe even frolov.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 05:40 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm going to say niether is the next Wayne Gretzky.

But I think Ovechkin will be a much better player than Kovalchuck, and an even better player than Frolov will ever be.

If I have to say who is going to be next Gretzky, I would Crosby is more inline to be one.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 06:32 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

yea Crosby is great, but from what i hear, he's a complete jackass, and his teammates dislike him.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 10:55 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I wouldnt know.

I know that people think he is a spoiled brat, but I think people forget his was only 18 last year which is a tad different than somebody who is over 25.

I dont think he is a jackass, just got everything he wanted in terms of hockey.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 01:32 AM
BackFire

Let's be honest, there will never be "another Gretzky", just as there will never be another Jordan or Babe Ruth. However, out of all the young players in the league, it seems that Kovalchuck and Ovechkin are going to be the next real big, great players, with Crosby trailing just by a tad. Those 3 will probably be the next Jagr/ Forsberg/Thornton.

Also, about Frolov? Why are people even putting him in the same sentance as the above players? I mean, he seems like a very skilled player, but not on the level of the players mentioned above.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 02:09 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Let's be honest, there will never be "another Gretzky", just as there will never be another Jordan or Babe Ruth. However, out of all the young players in the league, it seems that Kovalchuck and Ovechkin are going to be the next real big, great players, with Crosby trailing just by a tad. Those 3 will probably be the next Jagr/ Forsberg/Thornton.

Also, about Frolov? Why are people even putting him in the same sentance as the above players? I mean, he seems like a very skilled player, but not on the level of the players mentioned above.
i mention Frolov because he has potential to being one of the best. i just dont think he had much chemistry with his line on the ice.

hmmmm

whatever happened to Josef Stumpel?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 03:29 AM
Phat J

yeah, it was more wishful thinking than anything. thats what hockeys been missing since gretzky left, a superstar. its just fun to watch.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 04:18 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I would put in Malkin with those guys.

Kovalchuck is a great scorer but I think Ovechkin, Crosby and Malkin will be alot better than he is.

Considering both Crosby and Ovechkin both had more points than Kovalchuck in thier rookie season (and that Crosby was only 18), and Kovalchuck has played 4 seasons (plus 3 professional Russian league seasons), I think those two guys are better.

Malkin on the otherhand, time will tell if he will be the same.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 05:56 AM
BackFire

i mention Frolov because he has potential to being one of the best. i just dont think he had much chemistry with his line on the ice.

hmmmm

whatever happened to Josef Stumpel?

Stumpel still play, he's on the Panthers with other former King, Oli Jokenin.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 09:25 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

http://www.hockeydb.com/

Hockey DB is your friend. Wicked site to find out stats and players all around the world. The best is that it shows different teams like minor league teams. Interesting to see how many all stars were on a team and such.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 03:45 PM
BackFire

That site's awesome, man.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 01:10 AM