KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » NHL discussion thread

NHL discussion thread
Started by: Anth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

You're funny. I guess I don't know anything. I guess I'm just a bloody Canadian living in an igloo having sex with polar bears.
Pardon my French, but this is an discussion, not who knows more. I never said anything about you not knowing anything about hockey because you live in the States. You assumed I meant that based on the sole reason of me being Canadian. I've never said that you didnt know anything or have been rude if I think you're wrong. On the other hand, you insulted me and stereotyped me just because I have different opinions. And considering, you've been rude and offensive earlier in this thread, I dont think im far off.
But one thing is, you think you know everything, because you watch alot of hockey and probably read some articles or watch tv, but in the end, you dont know everything.
So, what do I NOT know about the NHL Lockout? Enlighting me o' mighty one.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 08:02 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

Narrow it down a bit. The CBA is a very broad topic. What would you like to know?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 01:14 AM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, whats going on?
Whats the problem?
Why cant they fix it?
Will there be hockey?
Will they disband teams?
What will happen if the salary cap is enforced and teams like TOR, DET, COL, and big market teams cant afford the extra salaries?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 06:02 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gramps93

Please fix the game

Most teams are owned by corperation or a group of individual who want to see some returns on their investment. Its not a sport to them, its business. Most business models requires getting the BEST persson (no matter the cost) and win. That what the Rangers and Red Winges do - I will also throw the Dallas Stars into the mix

Now, the piper is playing their swan song. They open their eyes and notice the madness has not stopped. Salaries are way to high, not return on their investment and the network contract is not helping.

Like most businesses, they start with salaries instead of better marketing plan. They have to get the players faces out there. And the player have to do more to help their sport also.

I don't care who's fault it is...fix it and fix it now. If not, disolve the league and start over in a year or so.

Peace

Old Post Jan 30th, 2005 12:46 PM
gramps93 is currently offline Click here to Send gramps93 a Private Message Find more posts by gramps93 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Did people hear that cares about hockey that some firms in the US propsed to the NHL, to buy the entire NHL league for something over 3 billion dollars.
Man, thats crazy talk.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 03:46 AM
Shadow_King
-

Done Deal!

And now for the words everyone has been waiting to hear: The deal is done!

The NHL and NHL Players' Association have finally reached an agreement (pending ratification) on a new six-year collective bargaining agreement that - if approved by the NHL board of governors and the rank and file membership of the NHLPA - will officially end the stalemate on Thursday, July 21. When that happens, the league will also hold its Draft Lottery, with 30 teams getting their shot at Sidney Crosby.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2005 08:11 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Oh yeah. Finally. From the looks of it, its a pretty sweet deal.

My guess is that Pittsburgh gets Crosby.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 05:53 AM
DaRk Lotus
king of the underworld

talk about it almost over smile Just start the F***ing season

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 03:13 PM
DaRk Lotus is currently offline Click here to Send DaRk Lotus a Private Message Find more posts by DaRk Lotus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well start the offseason you mean.
Hockey doesnt starting until October.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 04:50 PM
Shadow_King
-

i dont believe how they are doing this whole lottery draw for sydney crosby.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 08:40 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Its pretty crazy but its the only way to do it.
The original draft line up is not really far because it was like 2 years ago and considering the teams that are going to be doing well are probablly not the bigger teams due to the fact that half their team will be gone.

I dont understand why they're planning on doing it at the Westin Hotel in Ottawa instead of a arena or something and put it on tv considering its Crosby. I know alot of people would watch it.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2005 05:10 PM
Shadow_King
-

yep.. i would watch it... i predict crosby is going to an american team.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 02:00 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

well, ottawa and toronto only get 1 ball in the draft, while Edmonton, Montreal and Vancouver get two. ( i think) and Calgary.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 02:50 AM
Shadow_King
-

even if toronto got sydney crosby they wont win the stanley cup.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 09:56 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, no.

But it would probalby get them there, if Crosby turns out to be what people expect, aka, Lumieux winning two of them and the Great One, winning a ton of them also.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 02:45 AM
Shadow_King
-

approximately 19 hours left till the NHLPA Ratification Vote

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 02:28 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So, Sidney Crosby is going to the Pittsburgh Penguins. Out of all the teams out there, the Penguins are the ones that needed it the most.

Just think. Lemuiex, Crosby and Rechhi. With Malkin on the second line. With Fluery as goalie, thats a pretty nice couple of players. Not the best, but nice.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 06:33 AM
Shadow_King
-

it seems that penguins got a shot this year at the playoffs.... but its a pity that all that talent went too penguins instead of a canadian team... also i felt a bit sorry for florida.. they had three balls and still come out second last.... thats just bad luck.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 06:55 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It is.

True, but ah well.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 05:05 PM
Shadow_King
-

well Oct.5th is the date when the nhl season starts.... i think this thread should be rename now.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 05:32 AM