KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Things not seen!

Things not seen!
Started by: Tails x 20

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Striding Cloud

Cool Things not seen!

This is a awesome book anyone else read it or want to?

One Missed Call!

Thnx Malk! big grin

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 06:26 PM
Striding Cloud is currently offline Click here to Send Striding Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Striding Cloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde
Xena: Warrior Princess

What is it about?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 04:11 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striding Cloud

Here.
first it seems like any other Tuesday. Throwing off his electric blanket, fifteen-year-old Bobby stumbles to the bathroom to shower, and it is not until he wipes the fog off the mirror to comb his hair that he notices something is missing—him. Bobby quickly finds out that the reality of being invisible is quite different from what is portrayed in movies and books. Only his mother and father can know—not school, not friends, no one. Not only is Bobby invisible, but he also is alone. His mother and father approach his new condition as they approach everything else in life. His physicist father attempts to dissect the problem as he would any other scientific anomaly, whereas Bobby's mother is likely to smother him with attention and orders. Luckily, it is winter so no one seems to notice when he escapes to the library covered by layers of clothing. Once there, he strips down and proceeds to stroll silently through the library until he meets Alicia, the one person who will not notice that he is invisible. She is blind. Through Alicia Bobby learns that there is something worse than being invisible, and that is being made to feel invisible. Together they help each other work through their situations to find friendship and a new strength that they did not realize they possessed. Written in a more serious tone than.

One Missed Call!

Thnx Malk! big grin

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 04:19 AM
Striding Cloud is currently offline Click here to Send Striding Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Striding Cloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striding Cloud

This is how the cover looks, just in case you get the wrong book.

Attachment: 2.jpg
This has been downloaded 46 time(s).

One Missed Call!

Thnx Malk! big grin

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 04:33 AM
Striding Cloud

Andrew Clements is also the author of frindle i read that also.

One Missed Call!

Thnx Malk! big grin

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 04:36 AM
Striding Cloud

Anyone else read it?

One Missed Call!

Thnx Malk! big grin

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 03:53 AM
HermWeasley
Know me?

that book is awesome-i would like to see it on screen(but 2 make it PG-13 they would have 2 block the part when he's naked)

i read that book 2 years ago.last year we did the play. i was his father(just because nobody else wanted to embarrasment )
and now my little bro is reading it in his six grade class. smile

Old Post Feb 24th, 2006 03:37 AM
HermWeasley is currently offline Click here to Send HermWeasley a Private Message Find more posts by HermWeasley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striding Cloud

Yea lol! laughing

One Missed Call!

Thnx Malk! big grin

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 03:34 AM
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

It's cool. I recommend it to teens.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 01:49 AM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striding Cloud

Yea!

One Missed Call!

Thnx Malk! big grin

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 05:01 AM