KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Punisher Respect Thread

Punisher Respect Thread
Started by: Hit and Run

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jrodslam

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jgiant
people...bats...dd...cap...spidey..ect...got sh!t on frank...

Only because this is a Punisher respect thread, i wont respond to that statement. Youre allowed to have your own opinion. Punisher is badass though. He gets my respect. big grin

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2006 09:47 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Sweet i finally have a home...

Old Post Feb 7th, 2006 10:19 PM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Originally posted by jrodslam
Only because this is a Punisher respect thread, i wont respond to that statement. Youre allowed to have your own opinion. Punisher is badass though. He gets my respect. big grin
Nice

Old Post Feb 7th, 2006 10:38 PM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

But really how are they any better than frank at cleaning the streets

Old Post Feb 7th, 2006 11:00 PM
jrodslam

But really how are they any better than frank at cleaning the streets

Who says they are better than Pun? Who says Pun is better? Punisher kills they dont. Thats why hes not really a hero, but a anti-hero.

If Spidey, Daredevil, Batman etc decided to kill, they be just as effective. Thats what Punisher does, He kills. Thats what makes him different(besides the guns).

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2006 11:20 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

For all the criminals Spider Man, Daredevil and Batman fight (without killing), crime still exists on the streets. Better or not?
For all the criminals the Punisher blows away, more criminals keep coming. Every crime boss he guns down, he finds a worse one waiting to take their place. Better or not?
Who is more effective? At least there is less damage following the others.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 02:47 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Originally posted by roughrider
For all the criminals Spider Man, Daredevil and Batman fight (without killing), crime still exists on the streets. Better or not?
For all the criminals the Punisher blows away, more criminals keep coming. Every crime boss he guns down, he finds a worse one waiting to take their place. Better or not?
Who is more effective? At least there is less damage following the others.
at least there are less scum on the streets...decrease the surplus population

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 03:02 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

People like jrodslam are giving props to you because this is a Respect Thread. But, I've read pages of you pissing all around in the Daredevil Respect Thread. Once was something, but you just kept going. Classy.

miffed

Funny. That guy who put together the long list of scans at the beginning, says of Frank's conflicts with Daredevil - "DD usually takes the win, and by all rights should." smile
You could return the favour, instead of bulls**t statements like how he's nothing compared to Frank.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 05:51 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

^yes

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 06:03 AM
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

People like jrodslam are giving props to you because this is a Respect Thread. But, I've read pages of you pissing all around in the Daredevil Respect Thread. Once was something, but you just kept going. Classy.

miffed

Funny. That guy who put together the long list of scans at the beginning, says of Frank's conflicts with Daredevil - "DD usually takes the win, and by all rights should." smile
You could return the favour, instead of bulls**t statements like how he's nothing compared to Frank.
I don't give a flyin fuk what you do here...i will be here to defend frank thats all...and you guys can defend whoever i diss...no fuss no muss...and ofcourse dd wins most of the time has superpowers...in a h2h fight dd should win...that doesn't mean frank cant hang with him h2h or even win a few times...did ya see that fight scan from the recent dd vs. punisher...frank and dd were just about even in h2h frank was even kickin his ass for a while...thanx for expressing your opinion roughrider...but don't cry about me dissin other characters...if you can't take it than you shouldn't be here...guys make fun of my man frank all the time...i really don't care...its all in fun and games...p.s. no one cleans the streets like punisher does...that includes that so called kingpin dd....

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 04:29 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I don't give a flyin fuk what you do here...i will be here to defend frank thats all...and you guys can defend whoever i diss...no fuss no muss...and ofcourse dd wins most of the time has superpowers...in a h2h fight dd should win...that doesn't mean frank cant hang with him h2h or even win a few times...did ya see that fight scan from the recent dd vs. punisher...frank and dd were just about even in h2h frank was even kickin his ass for a while...thanx for expressing your opinion roughrider...but don't cry about me dissin other characters...if you can't take it than you shouldn't be here...guys make fun of my man frank all the time...i really don't care...its all in fun and games...p.s. no one cleans the streets like punisher does...that includes that so called kingpin dd....

In DD vs Punisher, DD mopped the floor with Frank in most of their fights. yes

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 04:59 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

You don't have to like Daredevil, or any other character you don't want to. Just don't make like a bull in a china shop in other respects threads, crapping all around about how this guy is s**t compared to the Punisher.
It's called having class. Get a f**king clue already.
But perhaps you just don't give a f**k about anything, jgiant. mad

Editiorial order.
Let's go back to posting stories and feats about Frank. And remebering what the word respect means.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 06:10 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

An extensive bio here; covers a lot of ground.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Punisher

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 07:23 PM
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Originally posted by willRules
In DD vs Punisher, DD mopped the floor with Frank in most of their fights. yes
pun always put up a fight he never gave up...
You don't have to like Daredevil, or any other character you don't want to. Just don't make like a bull in a china shop in other respects threads, crapping all around about how this guy is s**t compared to the Punisher.
It's called having class. Get a f**king clue already.
But perhaps you just don't give a f**k about anything, jgiant. mad

Editiorial order.
Let's go back to posting stories and feats about Frank. And remebering what the word respect means.
Very interesting...really makes me think about life and this forum in general...well to be honest not really...you need to calm down dude...i already left the dd respect thread now that i have a home...lets just let this end...are we "classy" enough to do this...

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 07:27 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Yes, we are I hope. Good.

So apparently very strong DVD sales and TV sales are driving the Punisher sequel to be made. I still haven't seen the 2004 film; I was looking forward to it, but some of the highly-mixed reviews put me off. And the marketing wasn't strong; John Travolta was more prominent on the poster than Thomas Jane. If you don't have confidence in Jane as your star, what're doing?

That brutal fight with Pittsey - around what issue was that, if anyone can tell me.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 08:38 PM
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

YEah i can't wait for that sequal...you should see the first one...the first half is a little bad...but the second half and the end fight scene is sweet...the second one is gunna have frank go to NYC and there is gunna be a big fight scene in a Walmart...he goes on a mass killin spree basically in the begining and then jigsaw comes into the picture...don't know what issue that fight was in...it was definately recent and by ennis...

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 09:42 PM
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

you gotta admit that fight scene with dd in the recent mini series proved that frank can hang with him...

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 09:47 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

you gotta admit that fight scene with dd in the recent mini series proved that frank can hang with him...

Yes, he can hang with him. Sometimes, I think anger and hate clouds both their minds, affects how they fight. Their stances of what to do with criminals is pretty rigid, makes them hate the other's code. Frank has worked alongside Spider Man and Moon Knight in the past; they are more flexible. With DD, he has never fought anyone so much he's trying to just maim or cripple, not kill. It's not his most normal tactic. But he does lose his temper late in the mini, and starts shooting out of frustration.
Above bio is good for saying what martial arts he favours.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 10:39 PM
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Yeah...i really like the dicotomy between the two of them...they are like polar opposites and possibly each others greatest eniemy...

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 11:02 PM
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Hell punisher gave dd a serious beating and almost one...the fight wasn't even over...dd seemed to have a very slight advantage at the end but for a while frank was stomping a mud hole in his ass...punisher is pretty close to dd's level in fighting ability and strength...what makes frank a really hardcore fighter is that he could take an enormous amount of punishment...he could be close to death and still kick ass...

Last edited by jgiant on Feb 9th, 2006 at 02:23 PM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2006 02:20 PM