KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » RESPECT Captain America

RESPECT Captain America
Started by: willRules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mister Supreme

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Locard
Cap vs Daredevil

Em..I couldn't find the following scans in english, so im gonna make a quick translation spanish-english so everyone can read it, because it deserves to be posted here.

SCENARIO:
A cemetery. DD is beatin up someone to death, he's been sprayed with a special gas by the Deathstalker and is having allucinations. He kinda regained his sight but he's lookin everyone as if they were monsters.

Enters Cap

(please log in to view the image)
CAP: Sorry DD, you need to stop
CAP: i've never seen him like this, doesn't look like him
CAP: he looks..maddened

CAP: Why is he lookin at me like that? he doesn't seem to recognize me.
CAP: as if i was a....

DD: mONSTER!!
DD:yaaagh!

CAP: ouff

CAP: c'mon pal. whats happening?
CAP:No. Daredevil doesn't look mad.
DD: Shut up monster! shut up!!
CAP: Daredevil IS mad
DD: aargh!
CAP: I wish i could say this hurts me more than it hurts you. But it'd be a lie.

CAP: the madness doesn't make him less agile, fast...
CAP: dangerous

CAP: argh!
CAP: i ignore the pain. have a lot of questions in mind.
CAP: what happened? what have they done to him?
CAP: it must have been the Deathstalker! must have drugged him, or something like that.
CAP: what can i do?
CAP: wait a moment! i got it

CAP: bring it on Daredevil. let's finish this!

DD: aaaahhh!

DD: nnngh
DD: What?
DD:what's happening?
DD: blind! im blind again!
DD: was i really seeing? or only pretending to see?

DD: Cap! it's you!
CAP: who do you think i was?

DD: a monster..you looked like a monster. It must have been that gas! i have been allucinating. But, now it's over!

CAP: fine. the shock provoked by the adrenaline injection was enough to make you regain your senses. just as i hoped. Im glad i came here with a survival kit
CAP: survival...for him. he must not die.

DD: then, Cap explains me why. and everything makes sense. a logic..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we have feats of:

FIGHTING ABILITY:

Cap clearly dominates the fight. DD is going all out while Cap is not, and Cap states that DD is as fast, agile and dangerous as ever.
In the last frames Cap even lets DD to tackle him in order to get close, so he can inject DD and help him to overcome the madness.

DURABILITY:
He got hit in the back of the head by DD's billy club, and he doesn't fall or even retaliate, most people would have been unconsciouss after taking that hit.

INTELLIGENCE:
He figures out what's really happening with DD and how to help him on the spot.

Let's talk about all the fights that Daredevil had against Cap.
Matt has a great disadvantage fighting against Cap. He can't read his moves, due to the Super Soldier Serum, so he doesn't know when or where Cap is going to throw a punch until he throws it.

Not exactly. There was one instance when DD couldn't read Cap's heart. But DD has other ways to read an opponent. And unless I'm mistaken, DD was quite tired at the time. Though, it wasn't mentioned as the reason he had trouble reading Cap.

In another instance, DD could read Cap just fine.

The two have fought multiple times.

One was a nearly issue long classic fight in DD's fight. Cap was even using his shield while DD was unarmed and it was a stalemate.

The next fight was in DD's title again. DD turns off the lights at Avengers Mansion and engages the Avengers (Cap, Hercules, Beast, Black Widow). He casually defeats most of them including Cap. And that's while DD was weakened and delirious.

I don't think DD was weakened, his mind was not right though. Plus fighting them in the dark really helped DD since they did not know it was him and he DD can literally see in the dark with his Radar/hyper senses. Not regular circumstances for sure.

And there was another fight where Cap was off the deep end and became bad. DD engaged him in a warehouse and Cap seemed to get the better of DD. Though, it should be noted that Cap was basically "bad" so not holding back, while DD obviously was holding back.

And there's the Streets of Poison fight where Cap (mentally unstable, agressive, not holding back, but not in top shape) beats down DD (who was seriously weakened and just went through hell, literally).

Also, DD defeated Infomorph, a being who had absorbed DD's and Cap's skills, possibly among others. Though, that's not representative at all IMHO. But if he could beat Infomorph he would be able to beat Captain America.

This is why I can't say Cap beats Daredevil, it's 5/10 for each when they are not holding back in a fair fight, really.
I just can't see this fight going any other way.
What about you.
So, tell me where did Cap beat Daredevil in a fair fight with no mind controlling or anything like this?

Basically, Cap, Daredevil, Black Panther would fight 5/10 for each this is how I always since there has never been a true victor in a fair fight.

In the scan youz show, Daredevil was drugged so he lost his clear view and agility.

Dare Devil has the speed and Reflex’s to avoid anything Cap throw’s at him, he douse not need the strength, this is a guy who has defeated the like’s of Spiderman in combat a being with greater athleticism speed strength and on par reflexs, however his attuned seance served to help him defeat spidey, and we all know spidey is alot faster and stronger than Captain America is.

These are my favorite 2 battle’s between Spidey and DD because we all know Symbiotic Spidey is even more powerful than regular Spidey however DD can still go toe 2 toe with him showing he has more than enough to go toe to toe with Cap.

Here we have a brutal and cold Spidey who hold’s nothing back against DD, yet DD uses tactic’s to anger Spidey into a frenzy to defeat him.
http://lounge.moviecodec.com/vs-for...-elektra-75936/
posted by Vice Amura...

Like Cap, Daredevil has also defeated many metahumans, however Cap does it with his shield, so it's much easier for Cap.
It would be 5/10 for each in a fair, non-holding back fight.
I like both Cap and Daredevil very, very much, but to be honest Cap has yet to beat Daredevil in a fair fight and vice-versa.
Any other fight between Daredevil and Captain America that has happened recently?

Cheers.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 07:04 PM
Mister Supreme is currently offline Click here to Send Mister Supreme a Private Message Find more posts by Mister Supreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mister Supreme

Originally posted by King KAM
it was stated on panel that he was moving like only the reall DD could. He just got his bell rung and started to panic...Cap whooped DD that time, and will always kick his ass, the only time DD got a win is when he made his first appearance and they were hyping him...shame really

"Now talk. How come you have all of DD's powers, but your strategy is like an amateur's compared to his. who in blazes are you anyway?
I remember now. IT WAS THE RADIUM---IT AFFECTED ME---MADE ME TEMPORARILY GO BERSERK! BUT THE EFFECT FINALLY WORN OFF!" meaning his head was screwed because of radium, so he wasn't in top condition.

Cap beat Black Panther:
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ecq300/cap1.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ecq300/cap2.jpg

Cap defeated Panther in contest of champions.

Just look at Cap's words: "That's enough of that. Over 3 hours. Fury said you were good. But I'm better."

He's fought with Captain America four different times. The first time DD was under the mind control of some radioactive isotope and it was a fight that took most of the issue and was a through and through bare knuckled brawl which ended in a stalemate. The next time they met, Cap was under mind control and DD fought him to a stalemate until he could figure a way to end said mind control. Then they met again when DareDevil singlehandedly INFILTRATED the Avengers mansion. In rapid succession DD defeated Beast and Hercules in the dark and then took out Captain America in two moves. The latest time they met however, both of them were far from prime condition and Captain America won after a prolonged brawl although DD landed far more hits and DD stated that he was holding back.

Cheers.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2011 11:09 AM
Mister Supreme is currently offline Click here to Send Mister Supreme a Private Message Find more posts by Mister Supreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

What do Ultimate Cap and Ultimate BP have to do with this?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2011 07:49 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mister Supreme

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What do Ultimate Cap and Ultimate BP have to do with this?

I forgot it was the alternate universe, my bad.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2011 04:54 PM
Bluddflagg

I hate to be the one to usually ask this (third time if memory serves *counts off Hulk, Wolverine and now Captain America) but are there plans for this thread to be remade? embarrasment

It did start off as someone plugging a link and I know I can't be the only one out there who dislikes having to scour an entire thread for the feats it holds.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2011 05:57 AM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You're not the only one. I would love to see this thread revamped.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2011 12:27 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

I might have to do it. I could add some super soldier in there as well.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2011 12:33 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

It would be great to have it done, if anyone choses to do so, let me know so I can help and ask for a couple of things I've seen around.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 7th, 2011 09:41 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Give the Man His costume and shield back!!!!

Old Post Feb 18th, 2011 07:44 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by joesha28
Give the Man His costume and shield back!!!!

Why do you want to demote Steve? Dude got a promotion, going back to being Captain America would be a step backwards in the progress of the character. sad

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 12:36 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Any Captain America vs Taskmaster here?
I need some of Cap's fights with Martial artists characters...

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 10:41 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Why do you want to demote Steve? Dude got a promotion, going back to being Captain America would be a step backwards in the progress of the character. sad

Well he can have his costume and shield back and be the director of SHIELD... His shield can be SHIELD's emblem.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 10:44 AM
Deadline

Originally posted by srankmissingnin

You lost srank? no expression

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 03:20 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Deadline
You lost srank? no expression

seeing how how this is steve rogers (captain America) respect thread and he talking about steve, I would assume no wink

Old Post Feb 25th, 2011 08:40 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Captain America knows Gymkata! Confirmed: Steve > Everyone.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 4th, 2011 11:32 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Spoiler alert!

From Astonishing Cap:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
1. http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6852/170628725.jpg
2. http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1126/180640230.jpg

Steve is awesome.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2011 11:27 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Captain America causally lifts a telephone over his shoulder. Hard to quantify how much weight it is since we don't see how long the telephone pole actual is. A 35 foot pole (which I think is the standard) can weigh between 1000 - 1500 lbs depending on the diameter, and 30 foot pole between 800 and 1200 lbs. Then the transformer, which a quick google search says weighs between 600 - 800 lbs once it is filled with oil.

Captain America lifting a 600-800lbs I-Beam, with no visible effort or strain.

Ultility pole weight is on page 3 of this PDF.
http://www.jea.com/about/pub/downlo.../OH-2-Poles.pdf

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 11:56 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Shows incredible accuracy with his shield.
http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/8340/cap1u.jpg

Deflects a rocket with his shield effortlessly.
http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/9343/rocket1.jpg
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9673/rocket2.jpg

Gets cornered by multiple gunmen, and disappears right before their eyes multiple feet into the air. Goes on to beat the shit out of them
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8362/dissappear1.jpg
http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/893/dissappear2.jpg
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3590/dissappear3.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7636/dissappear4.jpg
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7832/dissappear5.jpg
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9735/dissappear6.jpg

Someone should really do a Captain America respect thread. It'd be extremely hard but the guy has so many impressive showings that if they were placed in one thread and in an organized manner, there would be tears from some posters.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 01:10 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Captain America vs an enraged Namor. Hope intervenes before the conclusion but Namor has the clear advantage, still Steve managed to hold his own. Cap eats a full on uppercut like it is nothing, and Namor was tough as shit in that issue. He tanked a "Get off my lawn" visor-less blast from Cyclops like it was nothing, beat the crap out of Blastaar and almost killed Hope! The last two scans take place a good deal later than the first three, after Namor has fought Blastaar and Cyclops.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Yeah someone needs to make a proper Captain America respect thread. There would be brain matter of witless DC fanboys littered allover the forums if any of them had an inkling of what Captain America could do.

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Jun 28th, 2011 at 01:26 AM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 01:23 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

With Bucky bracing him Cap grabs onto the bumper of a speeding "two ton" sedan and a metal lamp post, and brings the car to a halt.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 07:06 AM