KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Signature Duel Forum » Signature Tournament Round One... Digimark vs. TOH

Signature Tournament Round One... Digimark vs. TOH
Started by: Honda_Tadakatsu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Paola
and OMG it's about Lara!!! eek!

I thought you were rooting for me ...

no expression

Anyway, nice sig TOH...I'll get mine up soon, since I just finished it recently.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 01:34 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Honda_Tadakatsu
Second Coming of Jesus...

Hmm.... I was wondering the entire time I studied it, "That isn't a 360 game, is it?"

Then I went and read OXM... and yes, I guess there is a new TR 360 game...

Congrats, not something I would've chosen, but congrats nonetheless..

DIGI!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 01:42 AM
Honda_Tadakatsu is currently offline Click here to Send Honda_Tadakatsu a Private Message Find more posts by Honda_Tadakatsu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The game I chose is Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It's coming out in a month or so for the 360. I wasn't sure if Xbox needed to be mentioned or not, so the logo is inconspicuously chillin' in the top left corner, though I changed the color scheme of it. It's somewhere around 48/49 KB.

Nice duel TOH, regardless of how it turns out....

Attachment: oblivion4.jpg
This has been downloaded 67 time(s).

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 01:53 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

thumb up That's awesome. The Text is really nice.

Did you render those yourself?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 02:02 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

Originally posted by DigiMark007
The game I chose is Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It's coming out in a month or so for the 360. I wasn't sure if Xbox needed to be mentioned or not, so the logo is inconspicuously chillin' in the top left corner, though I changed the color scheme of it. It's somewhere around 48/49 KB.

Nice duel TOH, regardless of how it turns out....

Whoa..What a amazing evolution...

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 02:04 AM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by DarkWizard
thumb up That's awesome. The Text is really nice.

Did you render those yourself?

Thanks. And yes, thanks for the helps with the font stuff....as you can see, it helped quite a bit.

{Edit} Yeah I rendered them myself...I wasn't sure but Lana confirmed it for me below this. The teeth on the dinosaur thing were murder to get right though.

Last edited by Digi on Feb 11th, 2006 at 02:14 AM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 02:05 AM
Peach
mordrem

Yeah, that would be rendering it yourself.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 02:06 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

^^ Gotcha. Then yes. smile

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 02:07 AM
Honda_Tadakatsu
Second Coming of Jesus...

AAAA!!!

ITS OBLIVION! MY FAVORITE 360 GAME! *Foreshadowing*

TOH:
+ I like the way its set up.
+ THeme was daring.
+ Colors were okay

- Colors were totally off for the game, and the system
- The outline of the transparent spots has a white 'halo' effect, that doesn't look good on the darker backgrounds (IE: My background)
- Not a common theme behind a 360 game, but...

Digi:
+ My fav. game.. ever.
+ The Colors look good
+ For the Self Rendering :-P
+ The inclusion of the secluded 360, that's colored well
+ Text is awesome

- Lack of differentiate of colors
- Kinda left me feeling like there shoulda been some fire somewhere...

Winner:

DIGI

Sorry, TOH, yours was good... but not exactly... well....

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 02:17 AM
Honda_Tadakatsu is currently offline Click here to Send Honda_Tadakatsu a Private Message Find more posts by Honda_Tadakatsu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

i dont think the reason " My fav. game.. ever." counts no expression
I'd probably would have Judged that a bit different too

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 02:23 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Wow. I'm stunned.

Nice duel TOH...

...concerning what Baka said above me, I hope that I won for the right reasons....and I also hope that other stuff is just added bonuses and nothing more. I'd like to think that's the case. smile

But in any case, I'll just consider myself charmed for the moment and work on getting better for the next round...since I still have a lot I can work on.

-DM smile

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 03:48 AM
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

with what i said i dont mean to critacise cause many of the other reasons are valid enough.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 03:53 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

^^ Gotcha...and I understand what you were saying. smile

Originally posted by Honda_Tadakatsu
- Kinda left me feeling like there shoulda been some fire somewhere...

...yeah, I thought of that too when I was making it. I gotta learn to do convincing fire. I'll go tutorial shopping for it tomorrow. wink

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 04:03 AM
Dusty

Baka Means, Your sig was awesome, Digi.

But Honda Judged it for the wrong reasons. wink

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 04:03 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

Baka Means, Your sig was awesome, Digi.

But Honda Judged it for the wrong reasons. wink

no thats his judging.
his opinion is his own
i don't exactly agree with them but the judges words are final.
It's just my views and concept of design are different from his and i see it all from a different light.

Last edited by BakaXero on Feb 11th, 2006 at 04:16 AM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 04:13 AM
Peach
mordrem

Well, that's one thing about this all being judged by a single person - people might not always agree with their judging. Not really much can be done about that, though.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 04:15 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to have a variety of judges...I was worried that if I judged too many myself for the tourney there might be a backlash that it was too slanted toward my tastes in sigs. As it is, I'm trying to judge as little as possible myself (lana's next and I have a PM in to TheLaw about later in round 2).

If it becomes too much of a problem, future tourneys can probably do something like 2 judges, then a "popular vote" (random people posting in the thread) is the tie-breaker if the judges are split. But for now, hopefully the random controversy stays to a minimum, though there's bound to be differences of opinion about close matches (like with many of the regular duels).

Last edited by Digi on Feb 11th, 2006 at 04:23 AM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 04:20 AM
Dusty

Maybe we should have "poll matches", where the voters vote, and it closes in 48 hours or so. *hmmm*

But..... Biased votes might occur.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 04:20 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Maybe we should have "poll matches", where the voters vote, and it closes in 48 hours or so. *hmmm*

But..... Biased votes might occur.

That can turn into a problem where people start campaigning for votes....like me going into the comic forum and telling people to vote for me....I would never do that, but that's just an example. We ran into similar problems in past comic tourneys.

See my idea above your post, it's a decent compromise between the two methods.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 04:22 AM
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

There are some points I want to comment about this duel:

1) I want to congrat Digi as I stated before, he is doing a great job takin in account that he is using GIMP and believe me, I'm not saying it for sportsmanship. That is the most important thing here..., right? confused

2) When I read "My fav. Game ever" as a pro I had to laugh... laughing out loud And I'm not going into the another comments about my entry because is a waste of time, and I don't want to hijack this thread with my complains. However, Alana is right when she said is part of the game.

And thanks for the posts!

I will ask a rematch in future Digi, but for now, good luck with the tournament wink

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Feb 11th, 2006 04:25 AM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote