KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect: Cyclops...

Respect: Cyclops...
Started by: Black Adam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dyajeep

quote: (post)
Originally posted by R3d33m3r
not true AT ALL.

* wow, i never expected you to say that... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Who wrote that issue?

Originally posted by -Pr-
A genius.

thumb up laughing

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 03:10 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Yeah recently in Namors Annual took of his visor and everything.

And the Marvel ruining of my favourite characters continues. No wonder I only read DC anymore...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 04:48 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I said a genius, not an idiot.

I can't believe Claremont did that to me sad

And the Marvel ruining of my favourite characters continues. No wonder I only read DC anymore...

With all due respect, but you were about the only one who believed Cyclops can be a serious threat to established Class 100 characters

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 05:38 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I can't believe Claremont did that to me sad

With all due respect, but you were about the only one who believed Cyclops can be a serious threat to established Class 100 characters

I don't think it was Claremont, unless I'm remembering wrong.

I really don't see why he wouldn't be. Most of the "main" X-Men are threats to people on that level in some form of another, and the evidence (as little as it is) does suggest that Cyclops is capable of at least knocking down people on that level.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 03:29 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I don't think it was Claremont, unless I'm remembering wrong.

I really don't see why he wouldn't be. Most of the "main" X-Men are threats to people on that level in some form of another, and the evidence (as little as it is) does suggest that Cyclops is capable of at least knocking down people on that level.

I need to read that whole series, now Marvel is doing some graphic revamp, so it's a perfect time.

Namor kinda reeled back from that blast. Next panel we see is him coming at Scott and doing a ground pound, iirc. What evidence are you talking about? I hope it's not Ord.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 01:42 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I need to read that whole series, now Marvel is doing some graphic revamp, so it's a perfect time.

Namor kinda reeled back from that blast. Next panel we see is him coming at Scott and doing a ground pound, iirc. What evidence are you talking about? I hope it's not Ord.

Not just Ord, but out of curiosity, why would that not count?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 04:31 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Not just Ord, but out of curiosity, why would that not count?

He simply ain't Class 100.

Wolverine staggered him with a kick, Colossus stomped him and Cyke only bought some time with those optic blasts, iirc... didn't Ord come back and kill Aghanne? I may need to re-read it, maybe I missed a panel showing him knocked out.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 04:48 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He simply ain't Class 100.

Wolverine staggered him with a kick, Colossus stomped him and Cyke only bought some time with those optic blasts, iirc... didn't Ord come back and kill Aghanne? I may need to re-read it, maybe I missed a panel showing him knocked out.

Using Wolverine against any sort of brick is about as quantifiable as using Batman. stick out tongue

I don't know if he's class 100, but I wouldn't put him far off. Colossus stomping him was Colossus cutting loose imo, and I wouldn't take that away from Pete, personally.

And yeah, I don't really remember the later issues of that arc too well either.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 31st, 2011 07:45 AM
dyajeep

* http://marvel.wikia.com/Ord_%28SWORD%29_%28Earth-616%29 listed Ord's strength level as 4 in the power grid... smile

Old Post Jul 31st, 2011 11:12 PM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Using Wolverine against any sort of brick is about as quantifiable as using Batman. stick out tongue

I don't know if he's class 100, but I wouldn't put him far off. Colossus stomping him was Colossus cutting loose imo, and I wouldn't take that away from Pete, personally.

And yeah, I don't really remember the later issues of that arc too well either.

Fair enough laughing out loud

It's their skill that makes Breakworlders so dangerous, as shown in the Uncanny. Ord was strong, sure, but he had no feats putting him near Class 100. Maybe aside from that punch that hurt Piotr, but skilled MAs without brick lv strength have similar feats, tbh.

Originally posted by peejayd
* http://marvel.wikia.com/Ord_%28SWORD%29_%28Earth-616%29 listed Ord's strength level as 4 in the power grid... smile

So he's in the 800 Ibs - 25 ton range? Sounds accurate to me.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 06:36 PM
dyajeep

* Cyclops goes to the Savage Land, to get a work out away from the world, and is found by Steve Rogers. Steve tells Scott that it is time for the X-Men to come into the spotlight and be recognized for the heroes that they are. This includes having Cyclops receive a presidential medal for all he has accomplished as leader of the X-Men. After receiving the medal Cyclops finds Hope sitting by the ocean and begins trying to work through her issues with him. He tosses his medal into the ocean, telling her that he received the medal for saving lives.

(please log in to view the image)

* after taking full responsibility for X-Force's actions and the deaths of every X-Man since the start of the Messiah Complex and ordering X-Force's disbanding, Scott was forgiven, by most, and Steve Rogers stated that after saving all of the human and mutant lives in the dome, it was time for the X-Men to step into the light. Scott was awarded a medal from the President and 5 new mutant births were detected by Cerebra.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 09:49 AM
dyajeep

* Magneto kneels before Cyclops

* Magneto arrives on Utopia, claiming he is very grateful for all that Cyclops has done for mutant kind, and that he wished to join with the X-Men. Cyclops accepts Magneto, despite Xavier's advice to the contrary. Magneto soon joined the ranks of X-Men, stating, humbly, that Scott "succeeded where Charles and I failed" in uniting the mutant race.

* i just wanted to know the context of this... why Magneto somehow refers Scott as "Caesar"...

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 09:54 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

It a turn of phrase. It means nothings, it simply a saying.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2011 11:01 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fair enough laughing out loud

It's their skill that makes Breakworlders so dangerous, as shown in the Uncanny. Ord was strong, sure, but he had no feats putting him near Class 100. Maybe aside from that punch that hurt Piotr, but skilled MAs without brick lv strength have similar feats, tbh.

So he's in the 800 Ibs - 25 ton range? Sounds accurate to me.

That's a bit of a jump, imo. No offence.

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan

How does it have no meaning?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 7th, 2011 08:03 PM
dyajeep

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan

* Erik literally kneeled before Scott, and addressing him as "Caesar"... i don't think it means nothing, i just wanna know what's within the context, i haven't read this yet...

Old Post Aug 9th, 2011 01:28 AM
dyajeep

Old Post Aug 9th, 2011 06:37 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by peejayd
* Erik literally kneeled before Scott, and addressing him as "Caesar"... i don't think it means nothing, i just wanna know what's within the context, i haven't read this yet...

he calling him the leader, beyond that it has no meaning. But if that was what u were looking for then yes, it magneto refferring to cyclopes as the leader of mutants.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2011 08:02 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

How does it have no meaning?

it does not have meaning beyond magneto admitting cyclopes is the leader of mutants I ment.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2011 08:03 AM
dyajeep

* Scott Summers as Captain America...

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 12:35 PM
dyajeep

* Cyke can be agile if he wants to... smile

Old Post Oct 27th, 2011 05:00 AM