KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect: Cyclops...

Respect: Cyclops...
Started by: Black Adam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dyajeep

* I've been reading the "Origins of the Marvel Universe" graphic novel… and this is what Steve Rogers had to say to:

Cyclops

Rarely have I seen such a transformation from a wayward teenager into an accomplished general (Bucky and Nova come to mind), and rarely have I been so concerned. I first met Scott Summers when he was a teenager and part of Charles Xavier's X-men. I've heard of his struggles with the loss of two wives both tragically killed, and he has witnessed mass death and intense suffering amongst his fellow mutants. Now that the mutant race has become an endangered species, Cyclops has become a man that I can barely understand, moving his followers to an isolated island, sanctioning the deathes of their enemies, and seemingly willing to sacrifice even the most trusted allies for a "greater cause". But I can't deny his effectiveness as a leader, and for that, I arranged his awarding of the presidential medal of freedom. I hope to have a close working relationship with him in the future.

Pros: Powerful leader, optic blasts, has spent entire life focused on team dynamics, strategic and tactical genius.

Cons: Willing to condone murder, sacrifice allies, and put the needs of mutants over the rest of the population.

Cyclops

It's hard to believe the intense, take-charge leader Scott Summers once was the skinny, timid, soft-spoken boy that used to quietly obey Charles Xavier's orders without question. But I've watched his development with my own eyes (I've interacted with Cyclops periodically since his teens), and clearly see how he's become what he is. Scott's carried more than his fair share of the burden for protecting mutants his whole life, and as one of the leaders of the X-men, he's been forced into some horrible situations and had to make some very tough choices. No less so than now, with mutantkind in a most precarious position, Scott's got the survival of an entire race to consider. I suspect he's had to make some questionable decisions to ensure that survival, and I have a feeling that those choices have caused him no little agony. I don't envy the situation he's in but I hope he's got the proper people surrounding him that will support and strengthen him until mutants can come through these dark times. I pray they do.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 07:55 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 05:47 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 11:35 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

whats that from?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 11:37 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* sins of the father... xavier went to make a secret meeting with scott... scott proceeded to tell xavier how angry he was by removing vulcan from his mind... and scott came prepared, emma mindraped xavier... in the end, xavier passes the torch (x-men) to scott, saying he knows the team is in good hands...

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 12:22 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

oh i remember it now.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 08:59 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* sorry for the bad resolution, gotta buy a new cellphone, haha... smile funny thing about this, was scott firing a "split blast", clearing up the grounds with xavier in the middle --- unharmed... how in the blue hell did he do that? laughing out loud his eyeballs went sideways? laughing

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 12:46 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by peejayd
* sorry for the bad resolution, gotta buy a new cellphone, haha... smile funny thing about this, was scott firing a "split blast", clearing up the grounds with xavier in the middle --- unharmed... how in the blue hell did he do that? laughing out loud his eyeballs went sideways? laughing

No idea, but he's done it before.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 12:58 PM
dyajeep

* i've been currently playing Marvel: Avengers Alliance on Facebook... here's Cyclops' bio:

Professor X's first student, Scott Summers is one of the X-men's leaders. Able to discharge devastating energy bolts from his eyes via a breach between universes, Cyclops is one of the most powerful mutants to graduate the School of Gifted Youngsters.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 12:32 AM
dyajeep

Originally posted by -Pr-
in fairness, he was only rejected because of his unwillingness to kill and his association with emma...

and he is more of a team player than the likes of wolverine...

* after Schism, maybe Nick Fury will reverse his opinion about Scott... oh, X-Force is still on covert ops, right? sad

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 06:43 AM
dyajeep

* in Marvel Heroes --- a free-to-play MMO Action RPG created by David Brevik, the visionary behind Diablo...

Cyclops' bio

Professor Charles Xavier rescued young Scott Summers from a life as a homeless young orphan, recruiting him to be the first member of his new team: the X-Men. Xavier trained Summers to use his mutant optic blast, as well as to lead the other X-Men in the field.

Scott has endured great hardships during his years with the X-Men, from an ongoing rivalry with the savage Wolverine to the seeming death of his girlfriend Jean Grey. Through it all, however, he has endured as a shining example of heroism and leadership among mutantkind.

http://www.marvelheroes.com/heroes/cyclops

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 12:18 AM
dyajeep

* one of my favorite panels in AvX...

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 06:39 AM
dyajeep

* the current Cyclops as one of the 'Phoenix Five"... i don't know what to say anymore...

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 02:22 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

So about Cyclops' family charged gold beam from X-Factor 68, It does tie into Apocalypse saying in Further Adventures that he couldn't take his optic blasts for long. I mean that shot reduced him to a hibernating punching bag relying on hoodwinking Wolverine to do his dirty work until 1996. My question is whether Scott ever pulled off a blast that powerful again (pulverizing the probably cloned Sinister at the end of Inferno doesn't count)?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2012 08:12 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Cyclops doesn't have many "uber" blasts. Master Mold, The infamous GOML blast in Astonishing, and the later one that cleaved a monster in two would be the most obvious examples.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 01:24 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Which Mastermold was that. I'm in the midst of reading Claremont's X-Men and Simonson's X-Factor. Is this when Scott fought the Lang Master Mold in Alaska? (IMO the coolest and creepiest Master Mold)?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 06:11 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Which Mastermold was that. I'm in the midst of reading Claremont's X-Men and Simonson's X-Factor. Is this when Scott fought the Lang Master Mold in Alaska? (IMO the coolest and creepiest Master Mold)?

iirc, yes.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 06:17 AM
dyajeep

Old Post Aug 4th, 2012 05:23 PM
dyajeep

Old Post Aug 4th, 2012 05:51 PM
dyajeep

* Cyclops --- h2h:

Old Post Nov 12th, 2012 08:26 PM