KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Top 10 players in NBA History

Top 10 players in NBA History
Started by: tanjot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tanjot

just go to this link, and i know no one else will argue as much as they r now...http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/ind....xml&coll=1

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:08 AM
tanjot is currently offline Click here to Send tanjot a Private Message Find more posts by tanjot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

You mistake arguing for having genuine concerns about match ups. If Vince starts i wish him well trying to keep Timmy off the offensive glass.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:19 AM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth_royke

i do suppose that allstar games... i dont think anyone does care about the match ups. it makes sense to have one of the wallaces starting or bosh... i think lebron versus duncan will be good, height versus speed. and carter versus macgrady is always fun to watch. but dammit.... i want bosh in it starting!!!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 02:27 AM
darth_royke is currently offline Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Since Flip wants to put all the Pistons at once (and not show favoritism by starting his own men), I say start Bosh or Howard. Then sub Vince in with the 4 Pistons having Vince fill in for Prince.

Its not that I don't think Vince is playing like an all-star starter, because he is, its all about match ups. Afterall, would Vince really complain about being the 5th Piston in a sense?

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2006 03:43 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tanjot

it is what it is....

Old Post Feb 18th, 2006 03:21 AM
tanjot is currently offline Click here to Send tanjot a Private Message Find more posts by tanjot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tanjot

so he did start afterall, although he had a very dissapointing performance, going in for two monster slams and hitting back rim on both...thats embaressing, but not nearly as embaressing as a regular season home game where kobe missed a wide open basic dunk with no teammates or opponents anywhere near em.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 09:47 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

I remember Jordan missing a breakaway dunk against the Lakers in 92, does that relate to Vince's missed dunks to?
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 10:38 PM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tanjot
so he did start afterall, although he had a very dissapointing performance, going in for two monster slams and hitting back rim on both...thats embaressing, but not nearly as embaressing as a regular season home game where kobe missed a wide open basic dunk with no teammates or opponents anywhere near em.

Actually more people watched the all-star game and Vince knows it, so it was probably more embarrassing in Vince's situation.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 11:00 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tanjot

if you are going to dunk on a breakaway or an open lane, make it a spectacular dunk..and thats what vince tried to do, his dunks were MUCH harder than the dunk kobe missed on a breakaway, and by harder i mean difficult and stronger, the first one he missed nearly hit the scoreboard...thats a lot of power incase u did not know, chris bosh could have made the dunk kobe missed, thats how basic it was.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 09:22 PM
tanjot

Originally posted by koolruningz
I remember Jordan missing a breakaway dunk against the Lakers in 92, does that relate to Vince's missed dunks to?
roll eyes (sarcastic)

i remember jordan missing a dunk on a breakaway in the all star game when he was with the wizards in 2002. he did not try to go for one in his final all star game when vince gave up his starting spot to him in the final minutes.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 09:25 PM
tanjot

by final minutes i mean the final minutes b4 the all star game began.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 09:25 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

if you are going to dunk on a breakaway or an open lane, make it a spectacular dunk..and thats what vince tried to do, his dunks were MUCH harder than the dunk kobe missed on a breakaway, and by harder i mean difficult and stronger, the first one he missed nearly hit the scoreboard...thats a lot of power incase u did not know, chris bosh could have made the dunk kobe missed, thats how basic it was.

laughing I think we are smart enough to understand what you meant be harder but thanks anyway.
A dunk is worth 2pts whether its a 360, through the legs, windmill off the glass or a basic throwdown. Same with a miss.
What do you have against Bosh now? Dude is a pure baller and an athletic freak.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 09:51 PM
tanjot

Originally posted by koolruningz
laughing I think we are smart enough to understand what you meant be harder but thanks anyway.
A dunk is worth 2pts whether its a 360, through the legs, windmill off the glass or a basic throwdown. Same with a miss.
What do you have against Bosh now? Dude is a pure baller and an athletic freak.

there you go again...changing the topic and overexaggerating the topic, when did i say i have anything against bosh?? i said "even" he could have made the dunk kobe missed because he is a PF, and PFs are not known for their hops. just trying to get him into the conversation.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 01:28 AM
darth_royke

kemp was a powerforward... and he dunked on every *****! in his prime anyways lol him and parton were a classic two punch

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 01:35 AM
darth_royke is currently offline Click here to Send darth_royke a Private Message Find more posts by darth_royke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

there you go again...changing the topic and overexaggerating the topic, when did i say i have anything against bosh?? i said "even" he could have made the dunk kobe missed because he is a PF, and PFs are not known for their hops. just trying to get him into the conversation.

Coming from the king of changing the topic i'll take that as a compliment. Thanks.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 03:25 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I don't know if that was a response to me, Kool, or just a general statement. But if it was a response to me, then you missed what I was saying.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 09:29 AM
tanjot

Originally posted by darth_royke
kemp was a powerforward... and he dunked on every *****! in his prime anyways lol him and parton were a classic two punch

i know there have been PFs that have been known for their hops, but there are not many in todays game...and bosh is not known for his hops.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 05:29 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

There are plenty of PF's that are known for their hops its just that they are so tall anyway dunking looks easy. Amare, Howard, KG, Bosh, Brand and J.O. to name a few are all great leapers at the PF position. Its only because they make dunking look so easy compared to the SG and PG that can dunk that you think they are "not known for their hops" (i have used quote marks so you cant accuse me of over exaggerating).

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 08:42 PM
darth_royke

you wont really know if a pf is good with hops unless they had to dunk on a 12ft rim... then you'd see they could. but why would they risk jumping higher with more chance to injure themselves?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 03:01 AM
tanjot

k. i c ur point. good point.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 06:07 PM