KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Top 10 players in NBA History

Top 10 players in NBA History
Started by: tanjot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tanjot

no more comments or opinions on top 10 all time??

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 09:30 PM
tanjot is currently offline Click here to Send tanjot a Private Message Find more posts by tanjot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tanjot

i would also like to know who you think is the best player in todays game..and i dont mean just stats, like kobe gets by constantly hogging. i mean as a player, someone that gets stats and at the same time does or makes a strong effort to make their teammates better.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 09:33 PM
tanjot is currently offline Click here to Send tanjot a Private Message Find more posts by tanjot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tanjot
i would also like to know who you think is the best player in todays game..and i dont mean just stats, like kobe gets by constantly hogging. i mean as a player, someone that gets stats and at the same time does or makes a strong effort to make their teammates better.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f71/t366980.html roll eyes (sarcastic)

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Mar 19th, 2006 09:58 PM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tanjot

Originally posted by koolruningz
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f71/t366980.html roll eyes (sarcastic)

i dont know wtf you were trying to say there or if you were trying to act smart by showing me the first page of this thread...but i asked who you think the best player is in particular...so answer the question if you want to because what you just posted did not make any sense.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 12:15 AM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

It was actually a link to another thread where we have discussed who the best current NBA players are, why would i post a link to this thread? Maybe it would have made sense if you'd taken the time to read it properly.
The reason i posted the link was to save repeating the same stuff again in this thread. Does that make sense to you or would you like me to draw you a diagram?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 01:16 AM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tanjot

Originally posted by koolruningz
It was actually a link to another thread where we have discussed who the best current NBA players are, why would i post a link to this thread? Maybe it would have made sense if you'd taken the time to read it properly.
The reason i posted the link was to save repeating the same stuff again in this thread. Does that make sense to you or would you like me to draw you a diagram?

omg. lol. u crack me up...like i was forced to repeat, i said the best player in the nba today, not the top 10 players..i wanted opinions on who and why...not a list of players that are many times in random order.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 10:43 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Its really not that different to the top 10 current players is it? Why not ask the question in that thread instead of the one about legends of yesteryear?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 11:19 PM
tanjot

since you want to make it so complicated...fine. happy?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 01:55 AM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

smile

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 03:11 AM
tanjot

lets continue.........???

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 11:35 PM
RecSpecs110
Link Saves the Day

Originally posted by tanjot

under your standards, 2 time mvp steve nash by far.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 02:56 PM
RecSpecs110 is currently offline Click here to Send RecSpecs110 a Private Message Find more posts by RecSpecs110 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Just goes to show that those standards are extremely flawed.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 10:55 PM
RecSpecs110
Link Saves the Day

no expression

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 08:39 PM
RecSpecs110 is currently offline Click here to Send RecSpecs110 a Private Message Find more posts by RecSpecs110 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Nash is not the best player in the league, that was my point.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 09:30 PM
RecSpecs110
Link Saves the Day

oh, then who you think is? huh

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 11:21 PM
Blax XXX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vince Carter or Jason Kidd.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 11:26 PM
Blax XXX is currently offline Click here to Send Blax XXX a Private Message Find more posts by Blax XXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RecSpecs110
Link Saves the Day

are you here just to fool around and mess this up? because if you are, go to the NFL thread, because you're not funny.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 11:31 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Originally posted by RecSpecs110
oh, then who you think is? huh

I'll admit that im a bit biased being a Laker fan but Kobe proved to me anyway that he is the best player in the game last season.
The only player to be on the all NBA 1st team offense and defense, plus the other huge milestones he achieved (81pts, 63 in 3 quarters, 35ppg etc). That coupled with the way he involved his teammates in the playoffs sealed it for me.

Before last season i would have said KG was the most complete.

Nash won the MVP and is a great player but his lack of any defensive qualities mean he cant be called the best player imo.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2006 11:47 PM
RecSpecs110
Link Saves the Day

even though nash isnt such a great defender, and even though i think many previous awards were given to undeserving players, i think this was a good pick. steve nash virtually metamorphed the suns. think about it, when marbury led the suns, you would say "pheonix suns, who are they? i think they're a basketball team in the nba, but im not sure. i better check." but now, with the addition of only nash, ok boris diaw too, but the reason he improved so much is because of... you guessed it, nash. AND ALSO, even with the loss of AMARE STOUDAMIRE, nash carries the suns to the conference finals. AND if they didnt run out of gas at the end against a bigger and stronger mavs squad with a little better BENCH production, i think they could have made it to the finals. So, without a doubt, nash made all his teammates better. (as for stephon, he makes all his teams worse) eek!

im not a suns fan, im a nets fan, but steve nash, hands down is the well deserved mvp. im sorry, but kobe, yeah he scored 81 and yeah i agree that he is an amazing spirited talent, but then again, all his teammates got worse that year, and think about it, he broke up the lakers by being a tad bit on the selfish side.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 12:06 AM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

I've had the "Kobe broke up the Lakers" argument too many times to go over it again, so i'll just say you should listen to other sources then BSPN.

As for the rest of your post, you basically summed up why Nash won the MVP. That doesnt mean he is the best player in the NBA, just the most valuable on the winning team.

In terms of ability i would put Kobe, KG, Bron, Wade, Duncan, T-Mac, Artest (when he's taken his medication), Carter, Brand and Arenas ahead of Nash. Im not denying Nash's contributions to the Suns and no doubt he carried them far but any pass first PG would flourish in that offense.

Anyway im not knocking your opinion, i just dont agree.

edit: By the way, Smush Parker - career year, Chris Mihm - career year, Brian Cook - career year, Luke Walton - career year. What do they all have in common? They all played with Kobe Bryant last season.

Last edited by koolruningz on Aug 18th, 2006 at 01:45 AM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 01:41 AM