KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Edward Furlong

Edward Furlong
Started by: Vladimir

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Or at least someone more tough minded.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 05:06 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
o kiMMii o
= MJ 2o06 =

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JohnnyDo3
T3 sucks "John Connor" the great leader of mankind is a badass but Nick Stahl aint cutting it he was acting like a WUSS man Edward Furlong would do better because he's a badass

lmao a junkie badass

(please log in to view the image)

Hey he looks pretty cool here in T2-3D, if only he took care of himself alot more, hey they would of easily got him in shape for T3 mad

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 07:25 AM
o kiMMii o is currently offline Click here to Send o kiMMii o a Private Message Find more posts by o kiMMii o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Man T3 would've been ten times better with him on board ^

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 09:15 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Personally, I would not have gone with Edward or Nick for T3. Although with the script written for the film, Connor would have turned out badly done either way.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 09:06 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
o kiMMii o
= MJ 2o06 =

vvvrulz - yeah i was pretty pissed they didnt use him.

TheFilmProphet - The reason why i would ive gone with Edward is because i would have liked them to use all the original characters and hold on to it. Its like what if they didnt use Arnold? wouldnt be the same wouldnt it?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 10:36 PM
o kiMMii o is currently offline Click here to Send o kiMMii o a Private Message Find more posts by o kiMMii o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Originally posted by o kiMMii o
vvvrulz - yeah i was pretty pissed they didnt use him.

TheFilmProphet - The reason why i would ive gone with Edward is because i would have liked them to use all the original characters and hold on to it. Its like what if they didnt use Arnold? wouldnt be the same wouldnt it?

I've believed that very concept for years....but given Edward's state during the years and especially during T3 it would not be very logical. Perhaps an unknown actor with the necessary attributes and characteristics would have been best.

Additionally, Arnold's role in the series is significantly different than that of Edward; Arnold was set to play the Terminator himself throughout the series, but based on T2 it can possibly be argued that his role was to merely bring to life the pre-teen or teen Conner to life. Connor must eventually become a credible warrior and leader....and frankly in my opinion there are other actors out there who can translate such character basis better than Nick or Edward.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 10:53 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Actually like TFP said earlier, the script for John Conner sucks.

With those lines, its no wonder Nick was so 'wimped out'.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 04:26 AM
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

Stahl looked like a monkey. That's all I can say. John Connor certainly changed a lot during puberty too (but it's a movie, so anything is possible).

smile

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 07:07 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
o kiMMii o
= MJ 2o06 =

Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
I've believed that very concept for years....but given Edward's state during the years and especially during T3 it would not be very logical. Perhaps an unknown actor with the necessary attributes and characteristics would have been best.

Additionally, Arnold's role in the series is significantly different than that of Edward; Arnold was set to play the Terminator himself throughout the series, but based on T2 it can possibly be argued that his role was to merely bring to life the pre-teen or teen Conner to life. Connor must eventually become a credible warrior and leader....and frankly in my opinion there are other actors out there who can translate such character basis better than Nick or Edward.

True i guess, i would of liked to see an unknown actor with similar characteristics.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 01:41 PM
Depprived

The John Connor of T3 was nondescript and dull. I could not buy him as the future leader of The Resistance. At least Furlong's Connor had some energy and drive.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 02:59 AM
Depprived is currently offline Click here to Send Depprived a Private Message Find more posts by Depprived Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote