KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Signature 'Advice' Thread

Signature 'Advice' Thread
Started by: Dusty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (67): « First ... « 63 64 [65] 66 67 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
started trying to use c4ds, not really used to them

any suggestions ?

(please log in to view the image)

Suggestion: Don't use C4D's, they suck.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 02:11 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

how so ?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 02:13 AM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

how so ?

They don't look right at all.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 02:26 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Some ****ed up shit, If I look at my image with a direct link to imageshack or photobucket the quality is fine.

If I do the IMG with brackets and put in the URL so the picture will come up right away on KMC the quality is A LOT worst.
I just realized that -.-
And I was wondering why the quality on my sig battle sig looked so bad. This also happens if I try to upload the sig as a custom signature in order to insert it into my profile.

Any help?

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 03:03 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

I have noticed that KMC reduces the quality in my sigs alot, too.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 11:28 AM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Same for me. Dunno why, to be honest.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 03:15 PM
Col. Valerian is currently offline Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aster Phoenix
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's the size limitation. Can anyone give me advice to make my sig better?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 03:33 PM
Aster Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Aster Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Aster Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

maybe try some gradient maps,

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 03:34 PM
Aster Phoenix
Restricted

Account Restricted

What are those?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 04:03 PM
Aster Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Aster Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Aster Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

you using photoshop ?

if so then right click the paintbucket tool and click on the icon called gradientmap,

that is a gradient mad,

drag it accross the sig so that you get a nice blend of the foreground and background colours, then go to blending options and mess around with that and the opacity.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 04:05 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
It's the size limitation. Can anyone give me advice to make my sig better?

Nah, the problem isn't in that. If I try to just post it it reduced the quality right away... This is something new because this didn't happen before.

And yeah, gradient maps are useful. You could also use a big soft brush to light around some areas and put it on soft light.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 04:10 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aster Phoenix
Restricted

Account Restricted

you using photoshop ?

if so then right click the paintbucket tool and click on the icon called gradientmap,

that is a gradient mad,

drag it accross the sig so that you get a nice blend of the foreground and background colours, then go to blending options and mess around with that and the opacity.

Is this better?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 05:08 PM
Toshiru
I has a titlez

Originally posted by Phucked Up
They don't look right at all.
I'll have to disagree on this, c4d's add some cool effects that you can't really do from scratch (I'll post some pro sigs from others if you want).

Having that said, I haven't seen anyone from KMC use C4D's the real way and not just adding it there randomly. Also, beginners shouldn't try to use one these c4d's.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 10:45 PM
Toshiru is currently offline Click here to Send Toshiru a Private Message Find more posts by Toshiru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

C4D + smudging is pretty sick.
My signature right now uses a C4D as its base.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 10:48 PM
Dyno
Authority

Originally posted by Mr.blanka
I'll have to disagree on this, c4d's add some cool effects that you can't really do from scratch (I'll post some pro sigs from others if you want).

Having that said, I haven't seen anyone from KMC use C4D's the real way and not just adding it there randomly. Also, beginners shouldn't try to use one these c4d's.

look at my duel against raijin, I used the c4ds correctly, I know how to use them I just can't be bothered most of the time laughing

Old Post Aug 25th, 2008 10:59 PM
Agon
Xel'Naga Survivor

Arghh ok well here i am again, Im just waitin for barker to make the joke :P

Heres my latest, what do u guys think?

O SNAP!!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 01:39 AM
Agon is currently offline Click here to Send Agon a Private Message Find more posts by Agon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Red

So, I'm broke and being so, I use GIMP. Any GIMP users in here that can give some advice? Also, What's the best way to reduce a photo to the sig requirements on here without causing it to look fuzzy or distorted.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 02:38 AM
The Red is currently offline Click here to Send The Red a Private Message Find more posts by The Red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Can anyone give me some good beginner brushing tutorials?
I know I can use google but I want personal perspective from good KMC photoshoppers because I know a lot of brushing is usually used in signature making and I can't ever seem to get the hang of it, especially with what theme of the signature I am doing.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 12:22 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by Agon
Arghh ok well here i am again, Im just waitin for barker to make the joke :P

Heres my latest, what do u guys think?

Agon just comes

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 12:25 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agon
Xel'Naga Survivor

Originally posted by Barker
Agon just comes

No homo :P

O SNAP!!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 01:54 AM
Agon is currently offline Click here to Send Agon a Private Message Find more posts by Agon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote