KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Signature 'Advice' Thread

Signature 'Advice' Thread
Started by: Dusty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (67): « First ... « 64 65 [66] 67 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tonks

Hey I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on the one that I have right now?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 12:07 AM
Tonks is currently offline Click here to Send Tonks a Private Message Find more posts by Tonks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Toshiru
I has a titlez

Can you post it? Cuz I disabled signatures. -_-

Old Post Mar 26th, 2009 02:52 AM
Toshiru is currently offline Click here to Send Toshiru a Private Message Find more posts by Toshiru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Messahi
Dayman>Nightman

(please log in to view the image) Made a Fooly cooly Sig and I want to use it. But I can't seem to upload it. It uses to much space or memory. The size is ok right? What can I do?

Don't click Or this one

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 06:59 PM
Messahi is currently offline Click here to Send Messahi a Private Message Find more posts by Messahi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Messahi
(please log in to view the image) Made a Fooly cooly Sig and I want to use it. But I can't seem to upload it. It uses to much space or memory. The size is ok right? What can I do?

Not sure what program you are using..i use adobe photoshop ver 6.

I took your pic an "save for web"..Jpeg..there is a slider that chooses how the quality effects the size...the limit is 50kb here at KMC...but i make them around 48kb just to be sure.....yours was 68kb or so..i saved it for you at the right size...here you go...

(please log in to view the image)

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 03:40 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Messahi
Dayman>Nightman

Yeah, thanks for the tip, just found out like last week I had photoshop on my new mac and I have been messing around with it. I found out the save for web thing the other day. I have been able to save better quality pictures in lower files, so thats pretty neat. I'm using Adobe Photoshop CS for Mac. I have been trying Gifs also, like scrolling texts and glowing effects but every time I save they are way over sized.

Do you usually have to sacrifice quality to make a Gif file fit?

Don't click Or this one

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 08:15 PM
Messahi is currently offline Click here to Send Messahi a Private Message Find more posts by Messahi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Yes. GIF files either need to be small in size, only have a few frames, or only have a few colors (or any combo of the three) in order to fit most of the time.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 08:35 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Messahi
Yeah, thanks for the tip, just found out like last week I had photoshop on my new mac and I have been messing around with it. I found out the save for web thing the other day. I have been able to save better quality pictures in lower files, so thats pretty neat. I'm using Adobe Photoshop CS for Mac. I have been trying Gifs also, like scrolling texts and glowing effects but every time I save they are way over sized.

Do you usually have to sacrifice quality to make a Gif file fit?

Different sites have different limits...but yes to fit 50k you will loose quality....but i have noticed ..like my godzilla sig i am wearing....text with animation is smaller in size.....i was able to have more frames....heres a galactus sig i made for someone...i was able to have more frames since its basicly a text sig...without using the whole canvas...so it can be done.....

(please log in to view the image)

But in general.....you will have to make the call...i have made plenty of sigs...and animated them...but never posted them...sometimes its not worth the quality loss...you can check out my sig thread for some ideas if you want...i tend to make lots of animated sigs

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:23 AM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

any advice for me?

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 06:21 PM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Hi. I just started to play with Sig Making and I have Adobe Photoshop. Any good tips? If so send me a PM plz. I would really like to get into this.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 10:54 PM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dagarkin
Dwarven Elder

It is the Dream....the hope...that makes the reality worth living In the early 1940s, I made a personal pledge to uphold the Dream and as long as the Dream remains even partially unfulfilled, I cannot abandon it!

Old Post May 24th, 2009 04:06 AM
Dagarkin is currently offline Click here to Send Dagarkin a Private Message Find more posts by Dagarkin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xtatic224

Hey ya'll any of u gys gt any advice on how to improve this siggy of mine..cause it feels kinda off and idont know what it is

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/.../Signature1.jpg

Last edited by Xtatic224 on May 24th, 2009 at 09:17 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2009 09:15 PM
Xtatic224 is currently offline Click here to Send Xtatic224 a Private Message Find more posts by Xtatic224 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fibromyalgiacur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I want to buy more memory for my notebook.

________

Vinet

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 04:21 AM
fibromyalgiacur is currently offline Click here to Send fibromyalgiacur a Private Message Find more posts by fibromyalgiacur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peroxid91

hello every1. i wanted to know what do u think of this sig and ask if any1 could transform it so it would be smaller.

ty

Attachment: untitled-2.jpg
This has been downloaded 51 time(s).

Old Post Sep 4th, 2009 01:20 PM
peroxid91 is currently offline Click here to Send peroxid91 a Private Message Find more posts by peroxid91 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peroxid91

heres an smaller w/name version

Attachment: untitled-2p1.jpg
This has been downloaded 47 time(s).

Old Post Sep 4th, 2009 02:19 PM
peroxid91 is currently offline Click here to Send peroxid91 a Private Message Find more posts by peroxid91 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peroxid91

and last version :P

(sry for dbleposting but impossible to edit after 15 min)

Attachment: untitled-3.jpg
This has been downloaded 212 time(s).

Old Post Sep 4th, 2009 02:38 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

the best one of those stuff is the last one. stick out tongue resizing? can't you resize it in whatever you used to make it in the first place? stick out tongue

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 03:12 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Hey, question for you advance sig makers. When I am done a sig it looks crisp and full of color. When I up load it to KMC it gets all blurry. I have tried Jpg and Png but still get the same results.

Help please? because this is annoying.

I use Gimp BTW.

Thanks.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 12:42 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

When you save it, are you saving it at a high quality? I haven't used GIMP for a few years.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 05:19 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like my current one but i think it needs something.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 07:21 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

I did it all with one image and the tools that came with gimp.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 07:21 AM