KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Signature 'Advice' Thread

Signature 'Advice' Thread
Started by: Dusty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (67): « First ... « 65 66 [67]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MonoKid

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Free Man
I did it all with one image and the tools that came with gimp.

Personally, I'd add a border. I like what you did, especially with the enlarged version of the awe-inspiring crowbar in the background. But please go easy on using the same render over and over again. 1 detailed and one repeated, should be plenty. You have a good background going. You should show it. Goes perfect with the color palette you have going.

The freed up space could be used to emphasize your name, because I could barely make it out of the background.

Again, these are just personal hints.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 06:29 PM
MonoKid is currently offline Click here to Send MonoKid a Private Message Find more posts by MonoKid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MonoKid

Originally posted by Tonks
Hey I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on the one that I have right now?
I usually have a hard time finding the point where I should stop messing about with a sig, because it's complete.
I'd say that you're right about on that spot.

I like the colors, I like the brushes and the translucent effect it has on the background. Maybe make the fade of focal point of the sig (your face, I assume?) a little less?

Other than that, I notice a standard windows font, but it fits right in. Otherwise, dafont has plenty free fonts to use.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 06:51 PM
MonoKid is currently offline Click here to Send MonoKid a Private Message Find more posts by MonoKid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Originally posted by The Nuul
Hey, question for you advance sig makers. When I am done a sig it looks crisp and full of color. When I up load it to KMC it gets all blurry. I have tried Jpg and Png but still get the same results.

Help please? because this is annoying.

I use Gimp BTW.

Thanks.

Thats funny...i have made several sigs for people...and when i see it uploaded..it looks blurry...so i would pm them and ask...they all say they did nothing.....i even made them another one...and it was still blurry.....i got into a argument once...because i made a jpeg and the one they were using said gif......they swear they did nothing to it....and i went over the sig(s) again and again........i cant explain it....and i still dont have any clue....i make the sig...clear and sharp (under the limits) and when they upload it...it becomes blurry and sometimes not even the same type of file......it has never happed to me personally....but thru requestee's....if you ever find the answer let me know wink

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 07:28 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MonoKid

Originally posted by starlock
Thats funny...i have made several sigs for people...and when i see it uploaded..it looks blurry...so i would pm them and ask...they all say they did nothing.....i even made them another one...and it was still blurry.....i got into a argument once...because i made a jpeg and the one they were using said gif......they swear they did nothing to it....and i went over the sig(s) again and again........i cant explain it....and i still dont have any clue....i make the sig...clear and sharp (under the limits) and when they upload it...it becomes blurry and sometimes not even the same type of file......it has never happed to me personally....but thru requestee's....if you ever find the answer let me know wink

My best guess is the differene between uploading and hosting an image here, or hosting and using an image elsewhere.

When uploading an image here, one is required to place it on the server. Once uploaded, the image seems to have been converted into a .GIF image. .GIF's are lossless, but still compressed and limited to a spectrum of 256 colors. Then there's the factor of how the image is converted to .GIF, which might lead to quality loss, depending on how the original image is stored.

On the other hand, I've created and uploaded a new sig without any quality loss.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 10:59 PM
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MonoKid
Personally, I'd add a border. I like what you did, especially with the enlarged version of the awe-inspiring crowbar in the background. But please go easy on using the same render over and over again. 1 detailed and one repeated, should be plenty. You have a good background going. You should show it. Goes perfect with the color palette you have going.

The freed up space could be used to emphasize your name, because I could barely make it out of the background.

Again, these are just personal hints.
ty i will keep it in mind for the next sig because what you are describing isn't something i can do with this jpg lol

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 08:56 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Visage
Restricted

Account Restricted

True.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 01:07 PM
Visage is currently offline Click here to Send Visage a Private Message Find more posts by Visage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

So all my previous signatures were on my imageshack.

Which after a couple of years of being inactive... Was deleted.

They don't recognize any of my e-mails.

Anything I could do about that?

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 04:02 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Here are some sigs I have done. Just wanted some general critique if possible as they are my first six I have ever made.

(please log in to view the image)

I don't know if I need to scale the characters more correctly or anything. Like if some look a bit to thin etc. I'd be grateful for any criticism.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2014 10:18 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Here are some sigs I have done. Just wanted some general critique if possible as they are my first six I have ever made.

I don't know if I need to scale the characters more correctly or anything. Like if some look a bit to thin etc. I'd be grateful for any criticism.

When you make comic book sigs, they turn out better if you go with the same artist, because artists or their artwork is their signature. Using two different signatures comes off uneven. If you have to go with different artists try to make sure that the styles are as close as possible. You need to have a real good eye when matching artists though. For example David Finch compliments Jim Lee's art style.

This is a very good site to nab some artwork for comic sigs
http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery/

Last edited by Stoic on Dec 8th, 2014 at 06:31 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 06:27 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote