KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars Television Show- Official Thread

Star Wars Television Show- Official Thread
Started by: ~JP~

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (50): « First ... « 42 43 [44] 45 46 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
ERrrm yeah... but this is Anakin.

Anakin doesn't always display his extreme amounts of power, even in the PT. He holds back until his emotions get the better of him.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2011 07:34 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Who is equating Jedi to droids?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 04:44 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by LanceWindu
Anakin doesn't always display his extreme amounts of power, even in the PT. He holds back until his emotions get the better of him.

He gets overpowerd by a bunch of droids...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2011 06:45 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

And? He's not invincible.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2011 03:49 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But...droids?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2011 04:03 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Skywalker easily defeats 4 magna droids in Season 1 Episode 7... It's so pointless to have him duel Dooku and then let him be overpowered by 4 magna droids...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2011 06:15 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Because its more expedient to the plot.

Which is weird, because this series doesn't have an overarching plot.

Basically its just a different guy writing this episode and he has no idea what the series baseline is.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Sep 29th, 2011 07:27 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Hybris
Skywalker easily defeats 4 magna droids in Season 1 Episode 7... It's so pointless to have him duel Dooku and then let him be overpowered by 4 magna droids...

In the EU at least, there are several variances in Magna Droids. These ones seem to have different staffs (yellow energy not blue) so I would assume they are the elite.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2011 08:13 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Ordo
Because its more expedient to the plot.

Which is weird, because this series doesn't have an overarching plot.

Basically its just a different guy writing this episode and he has no idea what the series baseline is.

It's a mess...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 10:06 AM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Originally posted by ares834
In the EU at least, there are several variances in Magna Droids. These ones seem to have different staffs (yellow energy not blue) so I would assume they are the elite.

They remain droids, nonetheless... I'm not asking for them to overpower him, but he's supposed to be one of the most powerful Jedi...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 11:37 AM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by ares834

Or its just another series f*ck-up.

"Elite" is a concept used in videogames and doesnt make sense in the Star Wars universe. This series already added multiple "elite" droid types, but never fleshed out the ones they already had form the films, not to mention the ones they added.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 01:55 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Which kinda shows the movie droids are not convincing threats.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 03:20 PM
LanceWindu

Oh my god. A Gungan-centric episode, the worst episode of the entire series and they even further the racial stereotype that Gungan's are "black" with a voodoo Gungan that speaks with a mix of Louisiana accent in his normal Gungan accent.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 01:52 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

F*cking Gungans.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 02:00 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Haven't watched it yet, but the usual "I've got a bad feeling about this" applies.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 08:02 AM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by LanceWindu
Oh my god. A Gungan-centric episode, the worst episode of the entire series and they even further the racial stereotype that Gungan's are "black" with a voodoo Gungan that speaks with a mix of Louisiana accent in his normal Gungan accent.

hahaha

I doubt it's as bad as "Dooku Captured" but I have to see it to know for sure

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 06:47 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Actually I found this one pretty funny. Some remarks though:

Negative:

- [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Where is Boss Nass? It's not that I miss the character, but he's still the Gungan chief in Revenge of the Sith... Continuity, anyone?
- [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Why on Naboo, would the Gungans want to join the Separatists if they fought a battle against them in the previous episode...
- [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I was glad to see the bongo again, but Anakin and Padme could have easily swum to the city... It was just there for the voodoo Gungan to escape with.
- [SPOILER - highlight to read]: They finally capture Grievous, which is a major step towards the end of the war and then decide to trade him for a single Jedi. I'm pretty sure the entire Senate would have disagreed with that.

Positive:

- [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The music that played when they were on their way to the under water city. Very Phantom Menace like.
- [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jar Jar's face and reaction when he saw Grievous. Priceless!
- [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jar Jar escaping while Grievous was giving his evil speech... Priceless again.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 08:08 PM
REXXXX
Networking

That was disappointing.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2011 07:22 AM
queeq
Chaos

OMG...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2011 08:33 AM
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Hybris
Actually I found this one pretty funny. Some remarks though:

Negative:

- [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Where is Boss Nass? It's not that I miss the character, but he's still the Gungan chief in Revenge of the Sith... Continuity, anyone?

Just got this from the Wookieepedia:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: "Around 21 BBY, Nass had been replaced as Boss by an Otolla Gungan, Lyonie, though he would soon become Boss again by 19 BBY."

Last edited by LanceWindu on Oct 3rd, 2011 at 04:08 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2011 04:05 PM