KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Official Boxing Thread

Official Boxing Thread
Started by: Deano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (75): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
teampac08
Love and War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
i'm looking forward to the big fight this weekend

Joe Calzaghe v Peter Manfredo Jnr

personally i think Calzaghe will destroy him...if he battered Jeff Lacy senseless for 12 rounds then he'll wipe the floor with Manfredo.

No offense to Calzaghe fans, but I dont know why this guy is so popular. His claim to fame was beating Lacy, who didnt beat other great fighters to prove himself good. Calzaghe's undefeated but until he beats Kessler, whos the second best fighter in the supermiddleweight division, I dont seem as that good or special.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 10:31 PM
teampac08 is currently offline Click here to Send teampac08 a Private Message Find more posts by teampac08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

You gotta give anyone respect who holds a title for around 10 years defending it what 15 or more times? There should be a unification fight with kesseler though. I wouldnt give Peter much of a chance but he did beat Scott Pemberton easily at least.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 02:34 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

what a bad fight. They are getting way too protective, the ref stepped in sooooo early. Manfredo was in no way hurt most of the blows were not landing. Blah had watching something so boring. The result was gonna be the same eventually but you gotta give manfredo a chance. He didnt have to win that fight to improve his standing he just had to put up a fight and they didnt even let him try.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 12:43 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

That ref was an idiot. He got totally caught up in the crowd. Not that Manfredo would've done anything but as forumcrew said, most of Calz's shots weren't even landing.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 08:00 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
teampac08
Love and War

Pacquiao vs Solis soon!!! Cant wait for Pacquiao to rip into this guy. If this guy survives 12 full rounds with a focused and trying Pacquiao, and he gives him legit competition then major props to Solis. Highly doubt it though. cool

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 09:24 AM
teampac08 is currently offline Click here to Send teampac08 a Private Message Find more posts by teampac08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by forumcrew
what a bad fight. They are getting way too protective, the ref stepped in sooooo early. Manfredo was in no way hurt most of the blows were not landing. Blah had watching something so boring. The result was gonna be the same eventually but you gotta give manfredo a chance. He didnt have to win that fight to improve his standing he just had to put up a fight and they didnt even let him try.

yeah...definitely stopped FAR too early...but the fact the the bookies were giving odds of a calzaghe win at 50-1 on, then it seemed like it was going to be a foregone conclusion

if he can defend his title another 6 times he will be the longest reigning champion of any weight division EVER...currently he's defended his title 20 times...Kesslers record, while undefeaated, is hardly lined with opponents of the calibre of Jeff Lacy and Chris Eubank, as calzaghe's is

although yes...it would be a great fight...and if calzaghe is going to sight him he needs to do it soon cause he is getting on a bit and age might start becoming a factor

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 11:52 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

You gotta give anyone respect who holds a title for around 10 years defending it what 15 or more times? There should be a unification fight with kesseler though. I wouldnt give Peter much of a chance but he did beat Scott Pemberton easily at least.

That was his 20th title defense.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 12:59 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/bo...tory?id=2829904

looks like kessler vs calzaghe isnt happening and it also sounds to me like calzaghe will be done at 20.

From the article:
Warren will instead fax rival promoter Lou DiBella with a $3 million offer for middleweight super champion Jermain Taylor to step up and fight Calzaghe in July -- unless Kessler has a change of heart.

"Let's see if Mogens Palle has a rethink or whether Jermain Taylor will take it and is really serious about fighting Joe," said Warren.

Bernard Hopkins fights Winky Wright in July and the winner could be another option for Calzaghe.

If he moves up or down from the weak 168 division to fight the real competition I think hes gonna get killed. Especially if he fights one of the best fighters in the world in Taylor.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 04:31 PM
B-Ball Star#3
Whats up my NIGGAS!!!!!!!

The one boxer i love to watch is Antonio Tarver

ALL I NEED IN LIFE IS WEED, BEER, and WOMEN!!!!!!!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 06:42 PM
B-Ball Star#3 is currently offline Click here to Send B-Ball Star#3 a Private Message Find more posts by B-Ball Star#3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Man i was embarrassed for Tarver after the Hopkins fight. I guess in a couple weeks we will see if Rocky was to blame at all or if Tarver is just too old at this point.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 06:59 PM
B-Ball Star#3
Whats up my NIGGAS!!!!!!!

ya bcuz he got dominated by Hopkins

ALL I NEED IN LIFE IS WEED, BEER, and WOMEN!!!!!!!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 07:01 PM
B-Ball Star#3 is currently offline Click here to Send B-Ball Star#3 a Private Message Find more posts by B-Ball Star#3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
teampac08
Love and War

Until he fights somewhere out of Europe and takes on better competition then I still dont think he's that great. Same with Hopkins, didnt give him that much respect until his competition became harder towards the later stages of his career. He took on Taylor twice, fought Tarver, and is now taking on Wright. That's not an easy list of opponents at all.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2007 08:56 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by teampac08
Until he fights somewhere out of Europe and takes on better competition then I still dont think he's that great. Same with Hopkins, didnt give him that much respect until his competition became harder towards the later stages of his career. He took on Taylor twice, fought Tarver, and is now taking on Wright. That's not an easy list of opponents at all.

the entire american press were touting Jeff Lacy as the next great super middleweight champion...even the UK press and pundits all said that the fight was to be where one great champion bows out and another takes over

calzaghe beat him stupid for 12 rounds...won EVERY round and made him look amatuerish...then the US press claimed that Lacy was overrated to begin with.

Ashira had only lost once until he fought calzaghe
bika had only lost once
veit had only lost once
Lacy hadn't been beaten

Old Post Apr 11th, 2007 01:00 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

the fact is in the 168 pound division your not gonna fight a lot of hard competition its a BS division.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2007 06:29 PM
teampac08
Love and War

All I ask is for him to fight Kessler. Those two need each other to solidify their careers.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2007 09:41 PM
forumcrew

cotto is fighting judah... cotto is gonna cream him

Old Post Apr 13th, 2007 06:32 AM
Tatsumaki
Resident Vampire

Anyone watching the Pacquiao vs Solis match?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 04:04 AM
Tatsumaki is currently offline Click here to Send Tatsumaki a Private Message Find more posts by Tatsumaki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Calzaghe wants to fight taylor... and he is willing to do in in the usa.. hes gonna get creamed.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 07:27 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Calzaghe wants to fight taylor... and he is willing to do in in the usa.. hes gonna get creamed.

laughing laughing

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 07:05 PM
Stoner420
Smoke The Reefer

Rocky vs Mike T?

3 Things I need Beer,Weed & women

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 11:40 PM
Stoner420 is currently offline Click here to Send Stoner420 a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote