KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Official Boxing Thread

Official Boxing Thread
Started by: Deano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (75): « First ... « 61 62 [63] 64 65 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dynamix

word is that Garcia is due to face the winner of this fight. And the winner of THAT fight will fight the winner of the Brooks vs Vargas fight - in a motion to unify the titles.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 11:04 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

Thurman vs Porter tongith on CBS. Been looking forward to this! #teamporter

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 10:41 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

for whatever reason, i decided to watch this fight again last night. Roy Jones at his prime was an absolute monster. His left hooks are as quick and fast as any jabs. Ironically i think this is his best performance. That knockout in the next fight against tarver really took a lot out of him. Wish he would just retire. Regardless, this fight showcased the best of roy jones, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZaqWz9LbFA

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 07:27 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

As soon as Jones started acting more like a celebrity than a fighter he was ****ed. Shame he never fought Calzaghe in their primes. Would've been a better fight instead of them at 39 and 36.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 7th, 2016 10:39 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

yeah that would've been an awesome fight. Calzaghe was REALLY dangerous in his prime too.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 03:48 AM
dynamix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTsJJc5WRXU

check out the 1-2 counter near the end of the 3rd round. insane!

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 04:02 AM
LordofBrooklyn

Ward defeats Kobalev via unanimous decision.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2016 03:46 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

I thought Kovalev should have retained his belts. There has to be an immediate rematch.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2016 12:22 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by meep-meep
I thought Kovalev should have retained his belts. There has to be an immediate rematch.

NO REMATCH!!!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2016 01:24 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
NO REMATCH!!!

It's gonna happen mate.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2016 01:31 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by meep-meep
It's gonna happen mate.

I SAID NO!!!!!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2016 02:48 AM
dynamix

thurman vs garcia. march 4th!! fck yeah!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 03:20 AM
LordofBrooklyn

THE LORDOFBOXING'S PREDICTIONS

Ward beats Kovalev by unanimous decision!!!

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 10:03 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dynamix
for whatever reason, i decided to watch this fight again last night. Roy Jones at his prime was an absolute monster. His left hooks are as quick and fast as any jabs. Ironically i think this is his best performance. That knockout in the next fight against tarver really took a lot out of him. Wish he would just retire. Regardless, this fight showcased the best of roy jones, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZaqWz9LbFA

I could make a good case for Jones being the greatest of all time.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2017 07:11 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

he's my favorite boxer and possibly the most talented but im not sure about greatest. His fundamentals, in regards to defense was really bad lol. his defensive weakness was well hidden in his prime because he was that amazing offensively and never had to rely too much on it.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2017 03:04 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

he's my favorite boxer and possibly the most talented but im not sure about greatest. His fundamentals, in regards to defense was really bad lol. his defensive weakness was well hidden in his prime because he was that amazing offensively and never had to rely too much on it.
Titles in three divisions, the first middleweight in a century to win a heavyweight title... Unheard of in the modern era.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2017 06:36 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

against the mighty John Ruiz??? and again, i will boldy proclaim that RJJ is my fav boxer of all time but greatest...its hard to say with people like SGR, Muhammad, Tyson and yes even FLoyd. but i honestly think he's the most talented

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 04:59 AM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

against the mighty John Ruiz??? and again, i will boldy proclaim that RJJ is my fav boxer of all time but greatest...its hard to say with people like SGR, Muhammad, Tyson and yes even FLoyd. but i honestly think he's the most talented
I would agree the others you mention are greats except Tyson, did you know long before Lennox Lewis beat him in the ring he was a sparring partner for Tyson and supposedly dominated him although did get knocked down. https://usatoday30.usatoday.com/spo...tyson-lewis.htm Lewis and Holyfield both showed Tyson was not a great, although the night it beat Michael Spinks, I believe he could have beaten anyone who ever lived such was his aura.

Tbh, I'm not saying RJJ is the greatest, just a case could be made. He's my favourite also. smile

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 09:44 PM
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
I would agree the others you mention are greats except Tyson, did you know long before Lennox Lewis beat him in the ring he was a sparring partner for Tyson and supposedly dominated him although did get knocked down. https://usatoday30.usatoday.com/spo...tyson-lewis.htm Lewis and Holyfield both showed Tyson was not a great, although the night it beat Michael Spinks, I believe he could have beaten anyone who ever lived such was his aura.

Tbh, I'm not saying RJJ is the greatest, just a case could be made. He's my favourite also. smile

Tyson is an absolute all-time great!

No heavyweight had his combination of hand speed, defense and knockout power in both hands. Tyson was a shell of himself against Holyfield and was completely shot by the time he got to Lewis.

Prime Tyson beats ANY heavyweight.

Period.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 10:44 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Tyson is an absolute all-time great!

No heavyweight had his combination of hand speed, defense and knockout power in both hands. Tyson was a shell of himself against Holyfield and was completely shot by the time he got to Lewis.

Prime Tyson beats ANY heavyweight.

Period.

He's right you know.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 02:08 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote