KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Official Boxing Thread

Official Boxing Thread
Started by: Deano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (75): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Caps Conscience

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Glad Oscar lost, donīt like the silly smiling businessman who picks his fights as apposed to a champion who will fight anyone.

Mayweather came up a few devisions to fight de la hoya didnīt he?

Yeah because fighting the recognized Pound for Pound best fighter in the world is what I would call ducking somebody. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Using the Report function is Ghey.

Old Post May 30th, 2007 09:19 PM
Caps Conscience is currently offline Click here to Send Caps Conscience a Private Message Find more posts by Caps Conscience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Alot I mean alot of Mayweathers punches where coming off of DLHs gloves. He should have lost that fight, but I'm not upset about the decision. I can see why the judges gave him the win.

Mayweather landed by far the larger quantity of clean shots. He also landed more power shots. He also deflected most of Oscar's blows with his arms. Is he the most exciting to watch? Nope but hes the best.

Old Post May 30th, 2007 11:24 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caps Conscience

Originally posted by forumcrew
Mayweather landed by far the larger quantity of clean shots. He also landed more power shots. He also deflected most of Oscar's blows with his arms. Is he the most exciting to watch? Nope but hes the best.

I've seen the fight several times without sound. Alot of shotss where sounding looking good but they where comming off of DLHs gloves. I'm not saying that DLH was overwhelmingly accurate but he pressed the action and did enough for the decision IMO.

Old Post May 30th, 2007 11:29 PM
Caps Conscience is currently offline Click here to Send Caps Conscience a Private Message Find more posts by Caps Conscience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

pressing action doesnt mean anything to me. He pressed it because if he didnt hed never land a single shot. Maybe they should change the rules I dunno but within the rules of the point system they use PBF easily won. He landed more punches bottom line even if half of his were deflected he still landed more. It wasnt exciting or pretty but he knows what to do to out point someone.

Old Post May 31st, 2007 05:40 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caps Conscience

pressing action doesnt mean anything to me. He pressed it because if he didnt hed never land a single shot. Maybe they should change the rules I dunno but within the rules of the point system they use PBF easily won. He landed more punches bottom line even if half of his were deflected he still landed more. It wasnt exciting or pretty but he knows what to do to out point someone.

Not really they landed about the same, but the difference was the PBFs shots looked more impressive when they got through. Like I said I'm not mad at the decision because I can see how someone would give the fight to him. That someone would not be me though.

Old Post May 31st, 2007 06:11 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

just shows how sad the boxing world is if Mayweather is the best Pound for pound boxer. And De La Hoya as a top apponent, all he does is hit his apponents elbows in the last ten seconds of each round, like agaisnt Sturm which he should also have lost.

Canīt beat the greatestsmile

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2007 01:52 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caps Conscience

My boy Cotto silenced all the doubters in an impressive TKO victory over Zab Juday in the eleventh. I was a very good fight though.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2007 12:18 PM
Darth Vicious

My boy Cotto silenced all the doubters in an impressive TKO victory over Zab Juday in the eleventh. I was a very good fight though.

Happy Dance Yes he did! Happy Dance

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2007 02:18 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Not really they landed about the same,

according to the compubox numbers they werent even close in total punches, accuracy of punches, or power punches.

I was glad cotto won I dont like Judah at all. Although cotto went pretty low twice, the second time hurt to watch he nailed him.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2007 04:40 PM
Caps Conscience

according to the compubox numbers they werent even close in total punches, accuracy of punches, or power punches.

I was glad cotto won I dont like Judah at all. Although cotto went pretty low twice, the second time hurt to watch he nailed him.

Compubox was definitely counting the shots that where hitting Oscars gloves as lande punches. Compubox isn't the most accurate system.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2007 10:29 PM
Darth Vicious

Cotto aint a dirty fighter but damn he got him good in the nutz! He probably broke Judhas cup!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 02:45 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

yea i know i really like cotto but damn that second shot makes me sick just to watch.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 06:08 AM
Caps Conscience

That fight was a war. Thats is exactly what boxing needed. I would like to see a rematch but Zab has to fight some other people first. Maybe Judah Vs Spinx 3.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 05:22 PM
forumcrew

cotto vs hatton anyone?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 07:44 PM
Caps Conscience

cotto vs hatton anyone?

Why? Hatton is bum and Castillo is going to dismantle him. Hatton has been very protected his whole career and the only real fight that he has defeated was a very old Kostya Tzu.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 08:07 PM
Caps Conscience

Cotto is probably going to fight the winner of Margarito and Williams. And after that it should be Mayweather..............

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 08:08 PM
teampac08
Love and War

Cotto is probably going to fight the winner of Margarito and Williams. And after that it should be Mayweather..............

Williams vs Cotto would be a good fight. I have a feeling Williams will take the Margarito fight. Anyway, Cotto has no chance against Mayweather. As boring as Mayweather is, he puts on a boxing clinic everytime.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 04:26 AM
teampac08 is currently offline Click here to Send teampac08 a Private Message Find more posts by teampac08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caps Conscience

Originally posted by teampac08
Williams vs Cotto would be a good fight. I have a feeling Williams will take the Margarito fight. Anyway, Cotto has no chance against Mayweather. As boring as Mayweather is, he puts on a boxing clinic everytime.

Don't sleep on Cotto. Mayweather is not going to get away with the BS he got away with DLH when he fights Cotto. Not saying its an automatic win for Catto but Mayweather has to be ready for a war with Cotto and I don't think he is has that kind of fight in him.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 10:12 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why? Hatton is bum and Castillo is going to dismantle him. Hatton has been very protected his whole career and the only real fight that he has defeated was a very old Kostya Tzu.

another example of an arrogant American thinking the only worthwhile boxing comes out of the US... Hatton will wipe the floor with Castillo like he did with Urango, Collazo and Maussa

castillo's loses?...7
Hatton's losses...0

of course...it'll be the same as when Calzaghe battered the shit out of Jeff Lacy...after over hyping him the US press then said he wasn't actually that good and that Calzaghe still hadn't fought anyone good and so still wasn't a great champ

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 11:22 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caps Conscience

Originally posted by jaden101
another example of an arrogant American thinking the only worthwhile boxing comes out of the US... Hatton will wipe the floor with Castillo like he did with Urango, Collazo and Maussa

castillo's loses?...7
Hatton's losses...0

of course...it'll be the same as when Calzaghe battered the shit out of Jeff Lacy...after over hyping him the US press then said he wasn't actually that good and that Calzaghe still hadn't fought anyone good and so still wasn't a great champ

Castillo was fighting real oppostion while hatton was getting ran out of the 147 pound division. lol

Has nothing to do with being american or british and has everything to do with proving yourself against worthwhile competitiion. I will ask you who has Hatton beaten in the last two years that is a could headline a paperview without him. I'll wait. wink

Last edited by Caps Conscience on Jun 14th, 2007 at 11:36 AM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 11:31 AM