KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Official Boxing Thread

Official Boxing Thread
Started by: Deano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (75): « First ... « 70 71 [72] 73 74 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trocity
Holy shit, I didn't even know Miletich had a kickboxing fight like 2 weeks ago. Damn. Just listened to the clip from Chael's podcast, I haven't been able to find the actual fight online yet, though.

That is wild, Pat hadn't fought in over a decade. It's just crazy to me some of these guys coming back like that...

P.S. Chael's podcast is awesome, the guy is a great story teller and is hilarious.
Yeah, Sonnen and Bispbing do the best podcasts, they are good friends in real life since both retired. Despite and perhaps because of their rivalry, did you see Dan Hardy's reaction to Herb Dean's dangerous reffing? I have a distant link to Dan Hardy, I know the guy who taught him Mauy Thai vaguely from my time in Nottingham. All accounts Hardy is a really, really nice man. I once had a sort of hi, bye chat with him and he seemed really personable.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2020 03:32 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by dynamix
at this stage in their career, i think it really comes down to conditioning. whoever has the higher endurance wins. i dont expect any ko from any of them lol

You’re prob. right, but I know everyone’s hoping for a Tyson KO... yes

Old Post Jul 29th, 2020 12:26 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

i guess it can still happen, seeing that Roy's been put to sleep by lesser punchers lol.

this is a dangerous fight for Roy. He has this bad habit of trying to bait a punch and counter with a left hook by backing up against the rope or turnbuckle. Not sure that will be a wise move against Tyson who's a fckin pitbull and has no qualm about moving forward.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2020 12:55 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

i guess it can still happen, seeing that Roy's been put to sleep by lesser punchers lol.

this is a dangerous fight for Roy. He has this bad habit of trying to bait a punch and counter with a left hook by backing up against the rope or turnbuckle. Not sure that will be a wise move against Tyson who's a fckin pitbull and has no qualm about moving forward.

Against a guy like Tyson, backing himself up against the ropes, or worse yet the corner, seems stupid counterproductive.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2020 01:54 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

the big story in boxing right now is Bud vs One Time. apparently Keith is seeking a fight with Terrence Crawford and is asking for 10million lol. Terrence team (Top Rank) doesn't think keith thurman is worth that amount since he just lost to pacquiao and he's never even seen that amount in his career, but the majority is running with the narrative that TC is ducking Keith Thurman. I would love to see that fight but i think 10 million is a little much to ask. Yeah this would be a superfight but its not a pac or mayweather fight. For keith to ask for that amount is like he's dodging the fight but in a stratetic way lol. what are you guys' thougt.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 11:59 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Keith got worked by Pacquiao. Crawford would mop the floor with him.

Didn't Fury and Wilder receive like half that amount each for their rematch? I don't blame Crawford for scoffing at that amount request from Keith.

Last edited by Trocity on Aug 22nd, 2020 at 11:02 PM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 11:00 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

the big story in boxing right now is Bud vs One Time. apparently Keith is seeking a fight with Terrence Crawford and is asking for 10million lol. Terrence team (Top Rank) doesn't think keith thurman is worth that amount since he just lost to pacquiao and he's never even seen that amount in his career, but the majority is running with the narrative that TC is ducking Keith Thurman. I would love to see that fight but i think 10 million is a little much to ask. Yeah this would be a superfight but its not a pac or mayweather fight. For keith to ask for that amount is like he's dodging the fight but in a stratetic way lol. what are you guys' thougt.
Keith got worked by Pacquiao. Crawford would mop the floor with him.

Didn't Fury and Wilder receive like half that amount each for their rematch? I don't blame Crawford for scoffing at that amount request from Keith.
I'm one hundred % with Trocity, Crawford would destroy him and yeah also pretty sure the purse was 50/50

Old Post Aug 25th, 2020 05:56 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

Charlo brothers are fighting tonight. they got two dangerous opponents.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2020 02:42 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Charlo brothers are fighting tonight. they got two dangerous opponents.
will download later my satellite box is ****ed.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2020 12:59 PM
dynamix

Loma caught an L to Teofimo. He didn't start getting active until the 7th round and by then, Lopez was quite a bit a head in the score card. I was impressed by Teofimo footwork (especially his pivot to the right to counteract Loma's footwork). I thought it was a very close fight.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2020 08:53 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Loma caught an L to Teofimo. He didn't start getting active until the 7th round and by then, Lopez was quite a bit a head in the score card. I was impressed by Teofimo footwork (especially his pivot to the right to counteract Loma's footwork). I thought it was a very close fight.
haven't watched it, will download, i heard it was a good fight.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2020 08:35 PM
dynamix

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
haven't watched it, will download, i heard it was a good fight.

a little slow in the beginning because loma was basically baiting most of the first 6 rounds but the last 5 or 6 was really good. it should be available on youtube.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2020 02:11 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

a little slow in the beginning because loma was basically baiting most of the first 6 rounds but the last 5 or 6 was really good. it should be available on youtube.
Watched it a couple of weeks ago, very good last half. I agree.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2020 11:35 PM
Trocity

I heard Bud is going to fight either Spence or Pacman in 2021 and I can't wait.

One thing I can't stand in boxing is how many bums top fighters fight in between big fights. You can't duck and dodge in the UFC and I really appreciate that. Boxing needs these big fights to happen.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2020 08:19 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I heard Bud is going to fight either Spence or Pacman in 2021 and I can't wait.

One thing I can't stand in boxing is how many bums top fighters fight in between big fights. You can't duck and dodge in the UFC and I really appreciate that. Boxing needs these big fights to happen.
No, the dodging has always been an issue, but with One being so good now, it's getting like more than one version of the belt. I would rather see Bud Vs Spence. Joshua fought well did either you or Dynamix watch it?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2020 05:37 PM
Trocity

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
No, the dodging has always been an issue, but with One being so good now, it's getting like more than one version of the belt. I would rather see Bud Vs Spence. Joshua fought well did either you or Dynamix watch it?

thumb up Agreed, that's the fight to make. Pac is still a top welterweight but I struggle to see how he would beat either of those guys at this point.

AJ looked really good in that fight, he hurt Pulev multiple times and fought smart, didn't get caught like against Ruiz. They need to do everything they can to make the Fury fight happen. I still think Tyson beats him but it'll be a great fight.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2020 05:48 AM
dynamix

yeah i think the end all be all of welterweight fight has to be spence vs bud. i would like to see porter vs pacquaio because that would just be a fun fight to watch.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2020 03:03 AM
Trocity

Canelo looked good against Smith.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2020 07:47 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Canelo looked good against Smith.
Yeah he did. Just looked at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckI8bl0v05g Ruiz with team Canelo.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 05:36 PM
Jmanghan

THAT STUPID-ASS REF CAN GET ****ED.

"Oh man, he got knocked down, that's it, gotta call it, sorry people who bought this on pay-per-view."

Get ****ed, stupid ****ing dumbass Ref.

I have never been more embarrassed in my life.

2 minutes, THE FIGHT LASTED... 2... ****ING... MINUTES!!!!!!! Oh jesus Robbie Lawler, better check your striking my man, clearly Jake Paul hits harder. ****ing disgrace and the fight was clearly rigged.

I'd be saying the same thing if Jake was "knocked out" that way too so don't pull that shit with me. I'm actually angry right now. I didn't buy the PPV, but I know a lot of people did hoping for a great main event or at least a good one, or even a decent one. It wasn't disappointing, it was just bad.

Not to mention early on Askren landed a pretty decent overhand right which staggered Jake and all of a sudden he just forgets all his training and runs towards him like a fat kid chasing a sentient chocolate cake. Only the fat kid probably got hold of the cake and Askren only got to taste humiliation and defeat.

It COULD HAVE gone the distance if the ref wasn't a ****ing moron. All youtube boxing shows are now canceled.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 18th, 2021 05:07 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote