KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Official Boxing Thread

Official Boxing Thread
Started by: Deano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (75): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Caps Conscience

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
another example of an arrogant American thinking the only worthwhile boxing comes out of the US... Hatton will wipe the floor with Castillo like he did with Urango, Collazo and Maussa

castillo's loses?...7
Hatton's losses...0

of course...it'll be the same as when Calzaghe battered the shit out of Jeff Lacy...after over hyping him the US press then said he wasn't actually that good and that Calzaghe still hadn't fought anyone good and so still wasn't a great champ

I never gave Lacy any such credit, but I am still waiting for Calzanghe to fight the Winky Wright, Bernard Hopkins or Jermaine Taylors before I give him any respect.

Using the Report function is Ghey.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 11:34 AM
Caps Conscience is currently offline Click here to Send Caps Conscience a Private Message Find more posts by Caps Conscience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

I watched a repeat of the Valuev V Shagaev (forgive spelling mistakes)

Although the level of boxing was total and utterly pathetic it was still an interesting match considering the size and reach difference, still should have taken place in a circus tent not on TV for a world title.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 01:29 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Caps Conscience
I never gave Lacy any such credit, but I am still waiting for Calzanghe to fight the Winky Wright, Bernard Hopkins or Jermaine Taylors before I give him any respect.

the entire american and british press proclaimed Lacy as the next great champion...when he got shown up for the average fighter that he was the same press shunned him

the bookies had calzaghe 11-10 rank outsider..

the commentators even said that it would be the fight where one champ hands over the reigns to another

well...everyone knows what happened...Lacy got beaten all over the ring for 12 rounds and looked an utter mess after it and has only fought once since

but yes...i'd like to see him fight hopkins or taylor...and he better do it soon cause he's 34 years old and closing in on retirement.

as for Hatton-Castillo...guess we dont have long to wait...should be a good fight

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 01:48 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caps Conscience

the entire american and british press proclaimed Lacy as the next great champion...when he got shown up for the average fighter that he was the same press shunned him

the bookies had calzaghe 11-10 rank outsider..

the commentators even said that it would be the fight where one champ hands over the reigns to another

well...everyone knows what happened...Lacy got beaten all over the ring for 12 rounds and looked an utter mess after it and has only fought once since

but yes...i'd like to see him fight hopkins or taylor...and he better do it soon cause he's 34 years old and closing in on retirement.

as for Hatton-Castillo...guess we dont have long to wait...should be a good fight

Hatton is going to get KOed from a left hook to the body. Remember where you heard it.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 09:18 PM
Caps Conscience is currently offline Click here to Send Caps Conscience a Private Message Find more posts by Caps Conscience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hatton is going to get KOed from a left hook to the body. Remember where you heard it.

i'll hold you to that one.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2007 10:24 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rascaduanok
any% speedrunner

Hatton will outbox him. It should definitely prove a worthy fight, since they both excel at what they do.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2007 09:04 PM
Rascaduanok is currently offline Click here to Send Rascaduanok a Private Message Find more posts by Rascaduanok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caps Conscience

Originally posted by Rascaduanok
Hatton will outbox him. It should definitely prove a worthy fight, since they both excel at what they do.

I really don't see it happening for two reasons. In Hatton's last fight Urango's body blow where really bothering Hatton. Castillo is an excelent body puncher so you do the math.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2007 09:49 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

tonight's the night caps...you ready to see your boy go down?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 05:07 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

well...4th round knockout for Hatton...i now await the Castillo fans to say that Castillo was past it and Hatton picked him cause he was on his way out blah blah etc etc

Hatton: 43 wins...0 defeats
Castillo 55 wins...8 defeats...1 draw

personally i now think Hatton should take up the rumoured offer of fighting Mayweather jnr at the new wembley stadium...and retire if he wins

it means Hatton stepping up a division and Mayweather stepping down...what more of a challange could you set for yourself?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 08:06 AM
Caps Conscience

Castillo quit.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 01:18 PM
michaelangelo4
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mikkel Kessler is the best!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 02:15 PM
michaelangelo4 is currently offline Click here to Send michaelangelo4 a Private Message Find more posts by michaelangelo4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Castillo quit.

counted out on his knees is quitting is it?...

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 07:04 PM
Deano

castillo got owned by a superb body shot

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 07:35 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caps Conscience

counted out on his knees is quitting is it?...

Hell yeah its quitting do you know the wars this man has been. He fought one of the biggest wars in in the history of boxing with corrales and took waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more punishment then what Hatton hit him with and he just took the 10 count without attempting to get up. He quit. I know your riding for Hatton because he is from England but he is just not in the league of the other great welterweights.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 12:36 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hell yeah its quitting do you know the wars this man has been. He fought one of the biggest wars in in the history of boxing with corrales and took waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more punishment then what Hatton hit him with and he just took the 10 count without attempting to get up. He quit. I know your riding for Hatton because he is from England but he is just not in the league of the other great welterweights.

why would i be "riding" for Hatton cause he's from England when i'm not English?

He got put down because Hatton is the superior fighter...it's that simple and because of the US "we're the best" mentality...you can't admit it.

and yes i'm well aware of the "wars" Castillo has been in...i'm well aware that he's been beaten when in his physical prime by journeymen such as Julio Alvarez and Javier Jauregui

lets look back at some of your silly comment over the past couple of weeks

quote:
Castillo was fighting real oppostion while hatton was getting ran out of the 147 pound division.

this would imply that Hatton has been beaten...and he hasn't

oh wait...this was a good one

quote:
Why? Hatton is bum and Castillo is going to dismantle him.

quote:

hahaha...

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 12:30 PM
Caps Conscience

why would i be "riding" for Hatton cause he's from England when i'm not English?

He got put down because Hatton is the superior fighter...it's that simple and because of the US "we're the best" mentality...you can't admit it.

and yes i'm well aware of the "wars" Castillo has been in...i'm well aware that he's been beaten when in his physical prime by journeymen such as Julio Alvarez and Javier Jauregui

hahaha...

I'm a boxing fan, period. I don't care where the fighers come from if there good I say there good and if they a have been protected and given easy fights to boost their record I say it also. Hatton falls in the latter category, sorry to break the news to you.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 02:56 PM
Caps Conscience

hahaha...

Hatton almost lost to journey man in Luis Colazo, Yeah the same guy Shane Mosley complete tooled a fight later. He almost lost to Urango. Question who the **** is Urango? First off Castillo was not going to get paid for the fight because his purse was held in escrow because he is getting sued by the Corrales estate for not making weight in their third fight. And second the ref was calling fake ass lowblow on anything on belt line. So Castillo quit, because they where taking his only shot of winning fight. Castillo doesn't start fighting untill after the third round anyway and he was starting to get his rhythm with the shots to body but ret warned and took a point for stuff that was on the border (those shots where no low). He new he wasn't going to win so he just took ten count and went home. Hatton sucks straight up. I want him to go up to 147 so Cotto can hospitalize the bum.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 03:05 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm a boxing fan, period. I don't care where the fighers come from if there good I say there good and if they a have been protected and given easy fights to boost their record I say it also. Hatton falls in the latter category, sorry to break the news to you.

he walloped your beloved Castillo...plain and simple...he done what Mayweather, Corrales, Ngoudjo, Reyes, Lacanzo etc failed to do...dropped him

and that's that

you got it wrong...and that is also that.

Castillo's words

quote:
"The fight was getting more interesting as the rounds were going on. But unfortunately he caught me correctly. I've never been caught that way.

castillo's promotors words

quote:
"Once you get hit that way and it's a perfect shot like Ricky hit him (with), the guy can't breathe for 30 seconds," Castillo's promoter Bob Arum said. "There's nothing he can do. He cannot breathe. It is the perfect, perfect shot.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 03:19 PM
Caps Conscience

I'm not the only one that thinks Hatton's a phony.

In a recent interview conducted by BoxingScene's Tim Smith in his NY Daily News Column, Leonard Ellerbe, the adviser of Floyd Mayweather, Jr., said that if Ricky Hatton really wants to fight Floyd, all he needs to do is sign the contract.

Ellerbe said the trash talking games are over, Mayweather is tired of Hatton always taking shots at him in the press, and says the two sides can get together and make the fight this week. Hatton has been baiting Mayweather with comments in the press for the last few years, and the baiting appears to have finally paid off.

"He got Floyd's attention. Now we're calling his bluff," Leonard Ellerbe said. "All he has to do is make a deal and he'll have his chance to back up all that talk. All that's standing between him and Floyd is air and opportunity. We can make the deal this week. He's very, very disrespectful. He's trying to promote himself off Floyd's name. When we make the deal we'll show the world why he's the most overrated fighter of this decade. Floyd has never taken any fight personally. But he's taking this personally. Floyd is going to kick his butt."

Ellerbe said that Team Mayweather was far from impressed by Hatton's recent fourth-round knockout of Jose Luis Castillo at the Thomas and Mack Center. Following the win, Hatton took another verbal jab at Mayweather.

"He said he only wants to fight the best - then sign the contract. Floyd's going to show all his fans in Britain just what a phony he is," Ellerbe said.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 03:23 PM
Caps Conscience

he walloped your beloved Castillo...plain and simple...he done what Mayweather, Corrales, Ngoudjo, Reyes, Lacanzo etc failed to do...dropped him

and that's that

you got it wrong...and that is also that.

Castillo's words

castillo's promotors words

What else is he going to say. He isn't going to say he quit. Duh.

Oh and for the record I was never a big Castillo fan but I just felt that he is better figher than Hatton. But then again who isn't?

Last edited by Caps Conscience on Jun 25th, 2007 at 03:28 PM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 03:25 PM