KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » How would Gimli fare against Legolas?

How would Gimli fare against Legolas?
Started by: Cosmo Kramer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
He won by 1 kill that's real pwnge right there huh? A dwarf is afraid to go underground and an elf isn't? (Path of the Dead)

That was in the movie, and in the books Gimli wins by more. Peter JAckson is just homsexual and so he wanted to LEgolas to be sexy. Half of the crap he does in the movies he doesn't do in the books.

And considering the fact that LEgolas ahd nineteen whiel Gimli had 2..how did he catch up so fast?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 08:34 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jarshewa
Joint Chief of staff

even though legolas is foo foo,he would win.dwarves may be fast sprinters or whatever but an elf has gosta be faster.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 04:59 AM
Jarshewa is currently offline Click here to Send Jarshewa a Private Message Find more posts by Jarshewa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carribean fairy

yeh, elves are faster than dwarves but i dont think they wqould fight anyway so because they r friends, there more likely to be doing this beer

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 07:54 AM
carribean fairy is currently offline Click here to Send carribean fairy a Private Message Find more posts by carribean fairy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jarshewa
Joint Chief of staff

lol.yeah maybe gimli, but legolas would be drinking wine like a sissy

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 08:05 AM
Jarshewa is currently offline Click here to Send Jarshewa a Private Message Find more posts by Jarshewa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth POW
the weirdo guy

no remember in the films legolas out drinks gimli

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 03:12 PM
Darth POW is currently offline Click here to Send Darth POW a Private Message Find more posts by Darth POW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

yup, in the hobbits those elves get drunk liek no tomarrow.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 10:59 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Jarshewa
lol.yeah maybe gimli, but legolas would be drinking wine like a sissy

Legolas beat Gimli in a drinking contest so what would that make Gimli?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 12:08 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Better than Legolas.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 04:13 AM
Jarshewa
Joint Chief of staff

when does legolas outdrink gimli in the movie?
i must of missed that.............

(offtrack question...do you think tolkien smoked weed,or was just always refering to tabacky)

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 04:38 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. It was a deleted scene, so you could only see it in special edition.

2. Yes he did smoke weed.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 05:27 AM
Jarshewa
Joint Chief of staff

im a cheap bastard,but i bought the special edition to "the fellowship" so i take it it wasnt in that.

id enjoy to see that though.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 06:12 AM
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

Its in the ROTK EE

http://cjbannister.users.btopenworld.com/Home.htm

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 02:14 PM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 02:16 PM
Jarshewa
Joint Chief of staff

thanx-time to find 30 bucks

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 03:27 PM
Council#13
The Omega Male

Originally posted by ESB - 1138
Dwarves or not natural sprinters. The only reason you say that is because Gimli said it. Gimli said it because an elf was leaving him in the dust and Gimli didn't like that. Legolas has duel swords that he can wield pretty well as shown in the Two Towers and Legolas (in the movie) took down a Mumakil which Gimli could only dream of doing.

Gimli was tired because he was running for so long. But i wont argue that Legolas is the better runner

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 04:15 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Council#13
Gimli was tired because he was running for so long. But i wont argue that Legolas is the better runner

Aragon and Legolas were still holding strong. Gimli was falling further and further behind.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 06:44 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

This still alive? I thought it was quite clear in the books that Gimli > Legolas, though not by much. Tolkien stated himself that Legolas did the least out of the Fellowship.

That's why movie Legolas is a bad incarnation. Fanboys flock to him and defend him even when's he's outclassed.

Anyways, if Legolas starts with a good distance and gets a good shot he'll win. He has no real chance in melee combat.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 10:42 PM
Generic Hero is currently offline Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
This still alive? I thought it was quite clear in the books that Gimli > Legolas, though not by much. Tolkien stated himself that Legolas did the least out of the Fellowship.

That's why movie Legolas is a bad incarnation. Fanboys flock to him and defend him even when's he's outclassed.

Anyways, if Legolas starts with a good distance and gets a good shot he'll win. He has no real chance in melee combat.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2006 01:10 AM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Originally posted by Blaxican_Hydra
That was in the movie, and in the books Gimli wins by more. Peter JAckson is just homsexual and so he wanted to LEgolas to be sexy. Half of the crap he does in the movies he doesn't do in the books.

And considering the fact that LEgolas ahd nineteen whiel Gimli had 2..how did he catch up so fast?

No, everything here is in the book as well, he only wins by 1 and he is afraid to walk down to the undead (but what the hell has this with the fight to do?).

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 12:06 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

He did not kill a mumuk in the books. He did not slide down a flight of stairs on a sheild killing ten orcs, and he did not jump on the back of a fercocious troll and shoot it in the head. Half of the things he did were exxagerations.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 05:39 AM