KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » How would Gimli fare against Legolas?

How would Gimli fare against Legolas?
Started by: Cosmo Kramer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Of course, but the two reasons that I quoted from you is from the book.... I was more aiming on you're reply to that other guys quote, I didn't see the rest about "half the things done in the movies"....sorry.

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Apr 10th, 2006 05:08 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blaxican Style
He did not kill a mumuk in the books. He did not slide down a flight of stairs on a sheild killing ten orcs, and he did not jump on the back of a fercocious troll and shoot it in the head. Half of the things he did were exxagerations.

and what has this tp do with this topic? I can admit that Legolas is a bit overpowerd is the movies, but peter jacksson hasn't changed the storry.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 02:31 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

He did not kill a mumuk in the books. He did not slide down a flight of stairs on a sheild killing ten orcs, and he did not jump on the back of a fercocious troll and shoot it in the head. Half of the things he did were exxagerations.

and what has this to do with this topic? I can admit that Legolas is a bit overpowerd is the movies, but peter jacksson hasn't changed the storry.

Old Post May 2nd, 2006 02:32 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draugwen
The Wanderer

And considering the fact that LEgolas ahd nineteen whiel Gimli had 2..how did he catch up so fast?

Legolas had seventeen while Gimli had two stick out tongue And in the book he had at least twenty when Gimli had two. Also in the book, it seems Gimli caught up so fast because he had to chop his way through to the caves at some point.
Quote: "'Where is Gimli?'
'I do not know,' said Aragorn. 'I last saw him fighting on the ground behind the wall, but the enemy swept us apart.'
'Alas! That is evil news,' said Legolas.
'He is stout and strong,' said Aragorn. 'Let us hope that he will escape back to the caves. [...]'
'[...] I desired to tell Master Gimli that my tale is now thirty-nine.'
'If he wins back to the caves, he will pass your count again,' laughed Aragorn. 'Never did I see an axe so wielded.'"
That much for that question anyway... wink And Legolas and Gimli would never fight each other yes

Old Post May 4th, 2006 07:45 PM
Draugwen is currently offline Click here to Send Draugwen a Private Message Find more posts by Draugwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

Originally posted by Draugwen

That much for that question anyway... wink And Legolas and Gimli would never fight each other yes

no they wouldn't. but they might have dinner together -sigh-....laughing just kidding!! stick out tongue

Old Post May 4th, 2006 08:55 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draugwen
The Wanderer

laughing out loud

Old Post May 4th, 2006 09:07 PM
Draugwen is currently offline Click here to Send Draugwen a Private Message Find more posts by Draugwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Miino

Originally posted by ESB - 1138
Aragon and Legolas were still holding strong. Gimli was falling further and further behind.

just something...

Gimly wears lots of armour?

Old Post May 6th, 2006 05:19 PM
Miino is currently offline Click here to Send Miino a Private Message Find more posts by Miino Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

Originally posted by Miino
just something...

minirostat? 25% fd bredlast here

Old Post May 7th, 2006 07:37 PM
Miino

Originally posted by vanice
minirostat? 25% fd bredlast here

ye ye..stick to topic anyway ^^

Old Post May 8th, 2006 01:13 PM
Miino is currently offline Click here to Send Miino a Private Message Find more posts by Miino Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Originally posted by Miino
just something...

Well...yeah he does, and his axe weights much more than any of Aragorn's/Legolas weapons.

And to ESB 1138, he said good "sprinters" not long distance runners. Dwarves are faster than Elves in short distance...

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post May 8th, 2006 03:47 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

true that

Old Post May 8th, 2006 04:22 PM
LadyOfMirkwood9
Daugther of Thranduil

Gimli would never have a chance HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 01:38 AM
LadyOfMirkwood9 is currently offline Click here to Send LadyOfMirkwood9 a Private Message Find more posts by LadyOfMirkwood9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmo Kramer

Yeah he would.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 02:53 PM
Cosmo Kramer is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmo Kramer a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmo Kramer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordmohahat

gimli every time. he would win through sheer stubborness. remeber the dwarves were the only ones who could stop glaurung(first and possibly mightiest of the dragons). bring back venom so we can have CARNAGE

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 03:04 PM
lordmohahat is currently offline Click here to Send lordmohahat a Private Message Find more posts by lordmohahat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmo Kramer

Hell ya

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 01:19 AM
Cosmo Kramer is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmo Kramer a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmo Kramer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by kamikz
Well...yeah he does, and his axe weights much more than any of Aragorn's/Legolas weapons.

And to ESB 1138, he said good "sprinters" not long distance runners. Dwarves are faster than Elves in short distance...

Gimli said that when they were running for days in and days out. For all you know Gimli was just trying to make him being the slowest have a reason.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 01:32 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quark_666
political cynic

Legolas in the books was good, but he didn't outshine most of the other characters the way he did in the movies. He was an excellent Archer, and he was good with a sword. That is all.

Gimli's behavior in the books seems to indicate he did wonderfully when he could hack at his opponent's defence to his heart's delight...as long as his opponent stayed within range of his ax. Look at the way he caught up with Legolas once the place became flooded with orcs.

But Legolas isn't stupid enough to stay in range of Gimli's ax.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 04:35 AM
Quark_666 is currently offline Click here to Send Quark_666 a Private Message Find more posts by Quark_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

One shot to the neck or face and the midget dies.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 06:30 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Lets face it, in the movies they made Gimli some weak midget who slowly chops things down. I mean, I didn't even see any cool scenes of Gimli slaying anyone/anything. However, atleast they made Legolas look like a freaken power ranger. You have to say, the mumakul part was just WAY too much.

Gimli was wearing heavy armor, he had a heavy axe, and added to that his legs are much shorter than Aragorn's or Legolas's. I don't remember that Gimli was falling back ALOT. He was complaining a little thought.

Movie wise= Legolas Wins
Book wise= Gimli wins.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 10:07 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've read the books and watched the movies, I admit Legolas in the movies was uberfied but still even in the books Legolas would only need one shot to kill Gimli.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2007 11:31 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote