KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Who is the best fighter in the LOTR world

Who is the best fighter in the LOTR world
Started by: w00t2112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gimli would win Im serious. His fat is impentrable. And he would just smother than in it.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 09:36 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haldir o Lórien
Slayer of Light

yeha ... he just has to shift ... and boom ... theyre all dead eek!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 10:05 PM
Haldir o Lórien is currently offline Click here to Send Haldir o Lórien a Private Message Find more posts by Haldir o Lórien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

Tulkas.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 02:41 AM
Great Vengeance is currently offline Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
Hurin. By far.

The man was a beast, taking down 60 trolls. There are none from the Third Age that can hold a candle to him, and there are very few from the first age that can contest with him.

Turin, Fingolfin, Ecthelion, Elendil, Gil-Galad all get honorable mentions.

Last edited by Generic Hero on Apr 17th, 2006 at 03:53 AM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 03:47 AM
Generic Hero is currently offline Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tallis
Angel In Hell

The Witch-King

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 04:40 AM
Tallis is currently offline Click here to Send Tallis a Private Message Find more posts by Tallis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Meh, Hurin was a beast, but I'm not exactly inclined to put him on Fingolfin's level.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 08:42 AM
Swirly Girl is currently offline Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bar-en-Danwedh
House of Ransom

turin...

elves and gods are a bit unfair to throw into the mix...

i mean comparitvley for what they were...

and for a man, Turin kicked some major ass especially considering how many times he was alone. he killed elves, men, orcs, and the father of all dragons Glaurung.

Feanor took on alot of balrogs, which is worth mentioneding regardless of the outcome.

the man they simply nicknamed 'oh @#$%' !!!

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 06:54 AM
Bar-en-Danwedh is currently offline Click here to Send Bar-en-Danwedh a Private Message Find more posts by Bar-en-Danwedh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draugwen
The Wanderer

Tulkas is a bit beyond the count indeed wink After all he *is* a Vala smile

And yay for Feanor :P You're right, Bar-en-Danwedh, he must have been pretty good; I think though that Maedhros is also worth mentioning in here wink

Túrin for the men sounds like a good choice; I'm not so sure Aragorn could match that... but then, they were all better fighters back in the Silmarillion. After all the enemies were worse :P

Old Post Apr 18th, 2006 04:37 PM
Draugwen is currently offline Click here to Send Draugwen a Private Message Find more posts by Draugwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bar-en-Danwedh
House of Ransom

Maedhros became better with his left hand in combat than he had ever been with his right after loosing it... that's a level of dedication and spite that is VERY worth mentioning...

but when the equivilant of satan comes to your door and asks for your help, and you tell him to bugar off out of paranoia of him wanting your craftwork... i gotta giove kudos... i mean there should be a picture of feanor in the dictionary next to fierce...

seriously... he really had a dutch temper.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2006 01:34 AM
Bar-en-Danwedh is currently offline Click here to Send Bar-en-Danwedh a Private Message Find more posts by Bar-en-Danwedh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draugwen
The Wanderer

equivalent of satan? confused

Old Post Apr 19th, 2006 11:40 AM
Draugwen is currently offline Click here to Send Draugwen a Private Message Find more posts by Draugwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draugwen
The Wanderer

Whom did you mean by that?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 10:12 PM
Bar-en-Danwedh
House of Ransom

Melkor...

He let him have it. he mouthed off, and MElkor left...

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 07:10 AM
Draugwen
The Wanderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bar-en-Danwedh
but when the equivilant of satan comes to your door and asks for your help, and you tell him to bugar off out of paranoia of him wanting your craftwork... i gotta giove kudos...

I can't really remember Morgoth doing that stick out tongue Am I having some holes in my memories of the Silm? confused

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 11:08 AM
Great Vengeance

If you dont count Tulkas, then the best fighter is Faenor.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2006 01:57 AM
Great Vengeance is currently offline Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Meh, if were only counting men then:

Hurin.

But if we count elves and so on, I'm more inclined to think Fingolfin.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2006 06:55 AM
Swirly Girl is currently offline Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

Of the sons of Finwe, Feanor was "greatest and mightiest", but Fingolfin was "proudest and strongest". And IIRC "greater in arms". You might say that those terms overlap, but those are Tolkien's words

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 02:35 AM
Generic Hero is currently offline Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

K I'm not really "that" familliar with Silmarillion and that stuff, but I have read some and one of my buddys have told me some stuff, and I can't say that I'm impressed with Fingolfin.... He had a magical sword and got crushed by Morgoth when he was weaker, but because he held his sword up in the air he wounded him.... Can someone tell me why he is on such a high horse here please. I'm not mocking Fingolfin, but this is the only thing I've heard about him, and it impresses me as much as Isildur cutting of Sauron's ring blink .

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 01:23 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

Being "proudest and strongest" of the mightiest non-Ent non-Ainur race in Arda does account for something.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 03:20 AM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

So that is all?

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Apr 26th, 2006 04:16 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Glorfindel. Because he sacrificed himself. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 29th, 2006 09:40 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote